• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Hey can someone help me with nausea during these w/d? any remedy Ty In advance

crisler

Bluelighter
Hey does cannabis help with opiate wd any? As in sleep or maybe nausea relief? I haven’t seen much about it for opiate withdrawals does it just not rly help during them? I’m scared to smoke I don’t want psychosis or to rly hallucinate atm but I need nausea remedy if anyone can it’s much appreciated please thanks in advance 💙

used to take 200mg tramadolupon waking up I’m now down to 50mg but night time it’s the nausea that kills my sleep not even rls or sweating I only have issue with this stomach it’s hard. I’m scared of zero.. but hopefully this taper helped make things less bad at zero.

Benadryl causes precipitated withdrawals w tramadol use tried once and learned

nausea is really bad right now but it’s part of the healing process I hope

Try chewing on some ginger if you have any. There is also little bands you can get that use a pressure point on your wrist to help with nausea. It really helped my morning sickness. Even just pressing on it with your thumb and finger might help, I’ve never tried though. Other than that there are buccal meds you can get at the pharmacy that will help nausea. Just pop them between gum and teeth. Prochloperazine I think is the medication name.

ginger tea made at home with fuckloads of ginger is my go to. zofran would straight kill it, but script only and is a real drug to throw into the mix.

Eat little meals , crackers , applesauce . Weed never helped me during opiate withdraws just made me more anxious. Long hot baths and a weighted blanket help .

Benadryl causes precipitated withdrawals w tramadol use tried once and learned

Diphenhydramine causing precipitated withdrawals? There isn't really a mechanism for that.

That said higher doses of diphenhydramine (100mg and above) can make RLS worse which can exacerbate the symptoms of tramadol withdrawal. Diphenhydramine has no antagonist effect on the opioid receptors nor effects tramadol pharmacokinetics so it can't really precipitate withdrawal. Could potentially exacerbate opioid withdrawal induces akathisia and paresthesia...

Diphenhydramine causing precipitated withdrawals? There isn't really a mechanism for that.

That said higher doses of diphenhydramine (100mg and above) can make RLS worse which can exacerbate the symptoms of tramadol withdrawal. Diphenhydramine has no antagonist effect on the opioid receptors nor effects tramadol pharmacokinetics so it can't really precipitate withdrawal. Could potentially exacerbate opioid withdrawal induces akathisia and paresthesia...
more RLS is the last thing u want during acute Wds, that shit makes you want to shoot yourself in the face uu

still, gabapentin is a far superior aid for wds. Along with loperamide and clonidine.

I agree in that I find that a few loperamine helps. We're not talking mega doses .. maybe a slightly larger than normal one. Start with 2 or 3 2mg tablets (adjust for body size of course .. I'm a 70kg male). Add another 2 or 3 if that doesn't work ... and if that doesn't work swear at me for my stupid idea (12mg .... i.e. 6 normal strength tablets is the max recommended daily dose .. so given the standard pharma ass covering safety margin I'm making a very safe recommendation here). I do strongly also recommend swearing as it has significant albeit short lived physical pain reducing properties (wharfing .. like pain .. is a short to medium term .. something is "fucked," indicator and are both affected by opiate recptors - so there is a lot of cross over). A good reason to keep the C word for special occassions.

Lope is much less effective on nausea than diarrehea but it does help me at least and If your wharfing it will help with dehydration too .. which is always a good thing.

Good luck .. had a delay in scoring and was in pretty bad WDs myself last night. Pain slips from the memory fast .. but I can still remember how unpleasant it was. Good luck!

Edit: Added an and for clarity.

Ondansetron (Zofran) is a very effective antiemetic which is generally used by cancer patients and patients who will have an operation so it's quite effective. It's also used for/ during opiate withdrawal successfully.

small amounts of diphenhydramine (50mg or less) are OK usually
metoclopramde
ginger
cannabis