AND
    GAMING
  • Sports & Gaming Moderators: ghostfreak

Heros and Generals - Free WW2 multiplayer BETA

Folley

Bluelighter
Heroes and Generals - Free WW2 multiplayer BETA

http://www.heroesandgenerals.com/13/en/index.html

Pretty cool game I found online, and it's completely free. It's in the BETA mode, but it runs from the browser and is actually really good. I'm VERY impressed with the graphics for a free game, and it doesn't have much lag. The coin system kind of sucks, but it's how they plan to keep the game free and still make money to keep it going, I guess. Still it keeps things very balanced and realistic, almost everyone is a rifleman just like in a real war so there's not 20 people all running around with machine guns.

The game seems scripted very well, I'm really liking it. The M1903 is pretty fucking sick. Does anyone else play? If not, you guys should download it. You can get 200 free gold for free (you have to buy gold with money otherwise) when you start by entering this promo: "IGN-H&G-Gold-Giveaway"

Last edited:
Is there an android or ios version of this? I love rts- play tropico 4 daily. I agree free to play is garbage, people have been known to buy crazy amounts of game gold.

I doubt it would run on a phone if that's what you're asking, it's launched from the browser but it's a downloaded game. It kind of reminds me of Battlefield 1943, but more focused on realism.

The game does seem to balance out, there aren't that many people running around with the expensive machine guns. Mostly medium to long range rifle battles and some close up fights usually at the middle post. There are jeeps with mounted MGs, halftracks and bicycles haha. Like I said, very good scripting for them all too. It honestly could be sold, and I think it might be eventually, but again I'm pretty sure they use the gold to cover development costs.

It's only in BETA now, but still it's fucking free lol and it's a pretty kickass game

Ugh, only problem is the servers are down right now. Should be fixed by the end of the night though, you can still DL it and play the tutorial and check out all the weapons and their attachments though (yeah, they have a TON of historically accurate mods for the guns. Pretty much what the gold is for, although you can still get them all with the "credit" earned in game.

The game's been back up for a while.

For the first level of the game, only a Domination type game is available.. I thought that was all there was, but after you level up you get a whole other type of game with a MUCH bigger map, tanks and even fighter planes.

This game is fucking sick. and FREE! I know it sounds like I'm advertising this lmao but really, everyone should play this. There's even a squad option, we could start a Bluelight army ;D

Yeah I've checked it out...can't play it on my damn phone though. Looks like a great game, too.

Shit, I thought any computer gamers in here would be going crazy about this.. there's actually quite a few maps and even different ways to play inside of the same map. It really is above it's class for a free game, and the points system isn't very bad at all. Can't recommend it enough really, I have the WW2 CoDs (1,2&5) and Battlefield 1942/3 and this is more fun than all of them.

If anyone else decides to play it and wants to link up send me a PM

Looks great, but no mac support. Doubt you could run it with WINE either.

They just released a new version of this, totally redid the ranking system so you can't just buy your way into victory.

Some photos:

heroesandgenerals1.jpg

handg_screenshot_action_german_wip_004.jpg

header_1051_heroes__generals.jpg