• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin

Uhh, you mean eat it as in, swallow it? I assume that's what you mean but you asked how you might do it. And if that's what you mean, it seems pretty self explanatory.

Regardless, there's no reason heroin can't be taken orally. It should still absorb OK into the body. Though it'll likely have reduced bioavailability. So itd be less strong.

I'm really tired right now so sorry if I misunderstood what you're asking or anything.

You can make monkey water but no, you can't eat H. Depending on branch ( # ) you can snort or I.V'it.

You can make monkey water but no, you can't eat H. Depending on branch ( # ) you can snort or I.V'it.

Why can't you eat it?

I don't see why it wouldn't work.

I do think it could be a lot less efficient, and for that reason I certainly wouldn't try it with heroin I paid for. But in theory I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Like, I see no reason you couldn't make heroin pills like they do regular morphine pills. Heroin is very similar to morphine.

no, thank you very much, all info is helpful. anything else you would say? I mostly smoke it but I have to be around people for several days and cannot do that. any and all info is great. so please tell!

Smoke, a pipe a lighter -- yeah. No, I have to stop you right there because most heroin lung issues are smokin related.

Dont do oral, sublingually or rectally are better. You want to maximize straight to blood absorption as other you might as well take morphine with an increased BA. That said the BA is still not bad for oral, 45-63% if I remember right.

-GC

Eating isnt advisable if you have a smoking habit. Dissolve in a bottle of nasal spray and administer that way. If you ate it, it wouldn't be strong enough mg to mg if you are a heavy smoker.

Swallowing it doesn't work bcoz the stomach breaks it down or something.
It's the same with fentanyl u can't swallow it but I have put a fentanyl patch on my gun and let it absorb thru the gum and it was quite effective and it lasted longer than smoking.maybe u can do the same with h.put some under your tongue and let it absorb without swallowing any of it.

Fentanyl is one thing, but I'll say again that heroin is VERY similar to morphine and so should work orally.

But forgetting what should be the case based on my, admittedly, fairly limited knowledge of chemistry....

If it doesn't work orally, why do they sell uncoated heroin (diacetylmorphine) tablets for medical use in the UK?

I'll repeat what I said before, I make no promises that you won't be wasting some of it taking it orally. And I certainly wouldn't be trying my heroin orally if I was the one who had to pay for it. But yes it should still work.

EDIT: just to be clear about what I'm saying, I'm not saying that heroins oral bioavailability is 100%. A bit of googling suggests taking morphine orally will reduce its effectiveness by a pretty large amount, and chances are the same is true of heroin. But it definitely would work quite effectively if you took it orally and didn't have much of tolerance. Or took more of it.

But it's definitely not like some other drugs where first pass metabolism wipes out nearly all of it.

Last edited:

Hey Shady :) I do hate the stepping on of toes, but sadly, I have to disagree here. Diacetylmorphine (Heroin), regardless of if its black tar or powder, can be taken orally.

The primary downside is that oral administration really will give you the least bang for your buck. Injection will absorb 100% of the Heroin, Insufflation, about 66% while oral administration will typically lead to a 33% bioavailability.

So yes, you can definitely use Heroin by the oral route. The big differences will be in the comparatively reduced potency and the longer onset.

Folks who move to the needle as their addictions progress definitely enjoy the "rush" but the primary reason for switching is a financial one. To go from insufflation to injection is a major cost savings and most never look back.

I never said the word ''impossible'' I just said that from my knowledge people prefer to snort or I.V.

Hey Shady :) I do hate the stepping on of toes, but sadly, I have to disagree here. Diacetylmorphine (Heroin), regardless of if its black tar or powder, can be taken orally.

The primary downside is that oral administration really will give you the least bang for your buck. Injection will absorb 100% of the Heroin, Insufflation, about 66% while oral administration will typically lead to a 33% bioavailability.

So yes, you can definitely use Heroin by the oral route. The big differences will be in the comparatively reduced potency and the longer onset.

Folks who move to the needle as their addictions progress definitely enjoy the "rush" but the primary reason for switching is a financial one. To go from insufflation to injection is a major cost savings and most never look back.
Does this count for smoking it too?

Does this count for smoking it too?

So typically, when you smoke or vaporize a substance, the drug is immediately taken by your lungs and put into the bloodstream without first-class metabolism, leading to a near complete absorption.

The only thing that will effect your overall absorption is going to be your technique.

When I was out n the west coast, I got sick of smoking tar; I mixed a bit of tar in a cap full of water and snorted the water residue from the cap with a straw. Burns like fuck- but I got incredibly high as fuck. It didn’t last long- but the high was worth it.

Fentanyl is one thing, but I'll say again that heroin is VERY similar to morphine and so should work orally.

But forgetting what should be the case based on my, admittedly, fairly limited knowledge of chemistry....

If it doesn't work orally, why do they sell uncoated heroin (diacetylmorphine) tablets for medical use in the UK?

I'll repeat what I said before, I make no promises that you won't be wasting some of it taking it orally. And I certainly wouldn't be trying my heroin orally if I was the one who had to pay for it. But yes it should still work.

EDIT: just to be clear about what I'm saying, I'm not saying that heroins oral bioavailability is 100%. A bit of googling suggests taking morphine orally will reduce its effectiveness by a pretty large amount, and chances are the same is true of heroin. But it definitely would work quite effectively if you took it orally and didn't have much of tolerance. Or took more of it.

But it's definitely not like some other drugs where first pass metabolism wipes out nearly all of it.

this is the correct answer. Eating it is a piss poor way to take h. But it will work for sure; doesn’t matter if it’s base or hcl. Expect to need 2x as much. I find The actual high orally to be superior to any other roa but not enough to skip the rush.