• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin W/D

jdjack27

Bluelighter
The last 2 days I've experienced H withdrawal for the first time. And boy did I underestimate how shitty it is. Way worse than I could have imagined. In the past I would use for a few days, and my connect would be dry for another few. But for about a month he had consistently. So I had a couple bag a day habit for about a month. Anyway 2 days ago he ran out, so I stopped abruptly. And the last 2 days were a living hell. So today I needed something to stop the symptoms so I took 50 mg oxy. It did not get me high at all but I finally feel normal again. My question is, how long until I return to feeing shitty again? I took the oxy roughly 2 and a half hours ago

Probably be straight til morning. If I were you I’d buy some Imodium AD for the runs. Maybe a benzo for sleep ONLY when needed- don’t want the benzo to become a habit. Never had benzo WD, but been through opiate WD many times, and I always hear benzo WD blows opi WD out of the water.

Possibly 4-6 hours, but you can't escape withdrawals without proper in patient treatment or a slow ween. Just wait again until you feel as bad as you can before taking as well a dose possible always reducing until your good. Honestly just go 5 days without anything and you'll feel a lot better. Day 3 is the worst

Edit: I was also thinking roxis. If it is an ER oxy you got a good 10+ hours

Probably be straight til morning. If I were you I’d buy some Imodium AD for the runs. Maybe a benzo for sleep ONLY when needed- don’t want the benzo to become a habit. Never had benzo WD, but been through opiate WD many times, and I always hear benzo WD blows opi WD out of the water.

For me, the worst part about and actually only part were black out seizure like moments that lasted maybe 20 seconds. But the problem was I never knew when they were coming

I'd say 6 hours max to hold you over, more like 3 or 4. I'm surprised 50mg oxy even held you over, you must have a low tolerance / get pretty standard, shitty smack as I wouldn't even feel that dose really during my days of heroin abuse and I was sniffing around the same dose as you per day (but the highest quality and therefore most expensive stuff around, really... worst life decision ever).

I recommend quitting if you have been regularly using for a month as it can and will become much worse over time... withdrawal gets worse and worse as the habit progresses and becomes a long term, multi-year thing. Just some friendly advice, if it has only been a month of regular use your withdrawal symptoms will become MUCH worse say, a year or two from now until perhaps rehab, jail, suboxone, or death are the only real options. I'm not sure if you feel like you are burning alive on the stake or not yet... withdrawal is subjective like that, but that's what it felt like for me this past summer. I wouldn't have been able to open my computer and type in withdrawal. I would become downright morbidly suicidal for at least a week, and be unable to so much as get out of bed in time to make it to the washroom. I would have slit my wrists to escape it if I had the strength and willpower, but my spirit had been leached of the will to do anything at all whatsoever, and my brain had been hijacked by extreme, unbearable, relentless suffering. I was unable to hold food down, or even water and I was shitting my pants constantly, even with loperamide. My entire body felt like it was ablaze in the depths of hell... get out while you still can (I say this in the friendliest way and respect your life choices of course... but this is a dumbass fuckin decision you are making).

I mean this in the friendliest way possible as I have been there myself (5 years of daily use) - but what, exactly, the fuck are you doing with your life? Got a plan for the future other than progressing the worst addiction on the planet until you statistically end up dead? Just thinking about how it ended with heroin can not only bring me to tears, but trigger lingering withdrawal symptoms that set every nerve in my spine aflame with extreme, unbearable agony.

Shroomy got a good point.
Stop now while it’s easy, because from here on out, every withdrawal will take a piece of your will to endure it. Following that, you’ll have withdrawals that you won’t be able to handle like before due to kindling effect as well as that piece of will being taken away every time you battle those wd.

After a handful of WD you have no will or drive to deal with them and you become very wired to pick up and get well/normal... that’s like me (5 years using as well almost 6)
I’m tapering now off of IV blk tar heroin .5-1 gram a day and 50 mgs oxy would hardly hold me off for 4-6 hours and I’d be back slowly progressing into worse withdrawals in an instant. It’s not like getting well when you take a small dose while tapering, but rather temporary relief and back to mild withdrawals .

Just tough this one out and never look back my man trust me this thread can save you years of your life if you listen :/

Thanks for the detailed responses guys. I can tell you both speak from experience. Obviously I'm new to the dope scene, but by no means is the shit I'm getting shitty. It's definitely not top grade though either. My boy who's been using for years gets it for himself and he knows his stuff. He rated it 7/10. After seeing how bad the withdrawals were after a month, I am terrified to imagine what they'd be like after using for longer. I can definitely relate to not having the energy to even type a post, eat, or even get out of bed. And the restlessness was the worst part. I have 5 20mg Oxys left. Taking a couple tomorrow won't help ease the withdrawals, rather just prolong them? Like will my day 3 be on day 5? Or will it just make day 3 easier? Because After taking them today it was like a switch flipped, I was actually functional and could get out of my damn bed

Why are you even counting the days when you are using oxycodone? It activates the mu opioid receptor the same as heroin. You are not even withdrawing if you are using it. Is your intention to hold yourself over until you get more smack, or is it to try and detox yourself?

Are you feeling suicidal at all? It doesn't sound like it... just making sure. If you are actually looking to get through this, don't take any oxycodone at all. You'll end up feeling like shit for longer when really you are looking at about a week to 10 days if you completely abstain from opiates and opioids. When the oxy wears off, you will not actually be making any progress at all. You'll be back at square 1 again in my opinion.

Why are you even counting the days when you are using oxycodone? It activates the mu opioid receptor the same as heroin. You are not even withdrawing if you are using it. Is your intention to hold yourself over until you get more smack, or is it to try and detox yourself?

Are you feeling suicidal at all? It doesn't sound like it... just making sure. If you are actually looking to get through this, don't take any oxycodone at all. You'll end up feeling like shit for longer when really you are looking at about a week to 10 days if you completely abstain from opiates and opioids. When the oxy wears off, you will not actually be making any progress at all. You'll be back at square 1 again in my opinion.

No I'm not feeling suicidal. But another day of feeling the way I was and I might have been. I can't afford to call out of work for a week straight, and I can't work feeling the way I was. My main intention was to feel better. I was under the impression that taking oxy would help aid the WD but apparently it just delays it. If I can get more smack tomorrow or sunday, can I use a bag a day for ten days and then avoid WD? Or is the only way to get over WD to suffer through them without using any opioids at all? I really thought you could just wean yourself and not experience any WD. What about Imodium? My friend said that will make WD symptoms go away if you take enough. Or does that just prolong them?

jdJack27: As soon as that wears off you will start feeling like shit again unfortunately. I read that you work for a living and if that's true then you're best bet would be to look into getting on suboxone. That's only if you want to stop using heroin to begin with. Suboxone works wonders for people unable to get off of heroin and other opiates. I've been taking subs for 15 years now and haven't looked back to using h once. Immodium will help with the shits and your stomach problems but for me, it didn't do much besides that. Good luck buddy. Most people wish they've never started using heroin as it starts out manageable but slowly takes away everything important in your life that you hold dear.

No I'm not feeling suicidal. But another day of feeling the way I was and I might have been. I can't afford to call out of work for a week straight, and I can't work feeling the way I was. My main intention was to feel better. I was under the impression that taking oxy would help aid the WD but apparently it just delays it. If I can get more smack tomorrow or sunday, can I use a bag a day for ten days and then avoid WD? Or is the only way to get over WD to suffer through them without using any opioids at all? I really thought you could just wean yourself and not experience any WD. What about Imodium? My friend said that will make WD symptoms go away if you take enough. Or does that just prolong them?

You are looking at this in such a deluded and unhealthy way (no offense).

Do whatever it takes to take time off work - whatever it takes - and stop taking oxycodone and all opiates, endure the withdrawal cold turkey before you end up dead, or worse... alive as a slave.

Just some friendly advice I don't want anyone to go through the hell that I did, and you are nowhere even close to it yet. Eventually, I had to take two years? off of fucking work. I am 3 weeks clean, freshly employed, and working my ass off again.

Just get it over with hell quit your job if you need to and it would be absolutely worth it. Are you, does anyone, ever really have the time? You are postponing something and really making it worse for yourself in the future for short term gain.

Hey, long term opiate user here, more than 8 years probably less than 10, I dont even know tbh.

What I have found is the longer you go through withdrawals, in your case you went two days straight, when you take an opiate to feel better, especially one that does not get you high again, when the WD return, they are way less intense. So do not expect them to be the same severity.

Whenever I plan to get off for a bit, I would simply wait until day 2 of WD, take a small dose to feel better, wait another day or two, the WD return but are less, take another dose to get better, then when I wait another day or two the WDs that come back are quite easy to deal with. You have basically already been through the hard part and have done a quick taper. Just wait until WD return, they will not be as bad.

I had to quit cold turkey as I had completely lost all self control. I was no longer using just to stay well... I had turned into a fiend, it was never, ever enough. I blew 100 grand up my nose over 5 years, and finally decided to quit when I desecrated my body through injecting myself intravenously 5 times earlier this year (I remember each time, how desperate I was to stretch my supply out over the weekend, and didn't even really know what I was doing... but somehow registered every time).

Look man I hope you make the right choice. By the end of the 5 years, I was taking 400mg oxycodone a day when I was out of smack and I could barely feel it. It was enough to keep me from feeling suicidal and having the horrific withdrawal symptoms that I cannot even begin to describe, but I would still be depressed. I required ever increasing amount of smack, and the tolerance effect is exponential. It's like I needed 20mg at first... the 40... then 100... then no amount was ever enough of the purest stuff I could ever hope to find chipped right off a key.

Please reconsider your life choices before you suffer too much longer. Quitting your job and doing whatever you have to do, to quit cold turkey at this point is really your best option. Suboxone and methadone are more for lifelong addicts I feel, personally. I didn't require them to quit, but I also am just shy of a month clean time. My entire life has changed from vampiric soul stealing to beautiful, lovely, wonderful... everything is so much more positive now, because I am so much happier internally. I have extreme chronic pain in my spine that renders me somewhat disabled in many respects, and it isn't even bothering me (it used to make me scream and cry almost every day) because of how much suffering the smack abuse led to.

You have my blessings with this inhalation of sandalwood and frankincense essential oils, jdjack27. Put your life before some job that you can find another if you need to. You only get one chance in this incarnation, and keep in mind that any hit of heroin could result in your sudden death, and how that might impact anyone who is close to you.

to this, jdjack27, I say, it starts over at day 1. That's all...nothing else. There is no 'trick' or way around this; drugs embody so much of the natural order and laws of the universe. And so; you pay for EVERYTHING. U Use dope for a year; stop and try to kick, u gonna be sick for some time. 5-6 days (if it's real dope); you good...You use on day 4, you go BACK to day one, all the way. And my man up there^ He talkin bout the 'Well of Endurance'. Every time you kick, it steals a little bit of; ka, chi, gnosis, creative spirit...all it is a trade of very organic&ancient principals. Not a trade to make when there are so many ways to access information these days. I am a 43-year-old shadow; Too dramatic? You'll see (unless you use the brains that had you go on here&humblely ask people they opinions)

^Very well put and concise. You were smart enough to make this thread here, and if you continue to use after being transmitted this information from lost souls who have simply used heroin for a longer period of time than you (it always starts innocent enough, until it is too late, that is), then at least you have been thoroughly warned.

Even if I quit cold turkey for a month, if I use for a couple of days it sets me back at square one in terms of withdrawal. You are fooling yourself if you are trying to use oxycodone to quit heroin as really, your habit is still progressing over time as you are still using opiates / opioids. It sounds to me, that you are not really ready to quit yet if you are doing that. I hope that this changes for you.

At this point I feel like he would be good after 4-5 days. With a longer term habit, I feel that it can take several months to years to recover, and the acute withdrawal lasted a solid 10 days for me, although I no longer felt like slitting my wrists after one week. I still have lingering symptoms of physical withdrawal over 3 weeks later, but I am quite myself again and happier than I have been in years, despite sleeping 2 hours a night due to post-acute withdrawals, which is aggravating my chronic spine condition to excruciating pain levels. I am still much happier than I ever was as a junkie. There is a significant difference between happiness and euphoria.

Again, you have my blessings and I hope you choose not to make yourself suffer; and perhaps down the road - maybe sooner than later even - become another contribution to a miserable statistic. I don't have another withdrawal in me... every detox has taken away a part of my courage and fiery spirit, and I only have so much energy to carry on. This last time, has taken every ounce of strength in every cell of my body working together in order to make it this far, and I still have a very long way to go. It can be scary like that... a relapse I find, will bite you when you least expect it too. In your sleep; constant diligence and awareness of thought processes is critical in order to survive.

Thank you all for your long detailed posts. I guess i really screwed my self over by getting the oxy and more dope today. I guess I'm just going to save it and use one bag each time I get sick. Hopefully that will help. I know the job is replaceable but if I quit I will end up broke and on the street. I guess I'll just have to suck it up. The oxy held off the symptoms for over 15 hours

Can you get any of the following meds: buprenorphine, diazepam, clondiine and gabapentin?

Even just clonidine and gabapentin with some loperamide for the shits will help you get through the withdrawal way more bearably than CT. Comfort meds are really important (just make sure you use the buprenorphine correctly and avoid precipitated withdrawal if you decide to use that).

What are your plans moving forward after you detox? Are you planning to keep on using? No judgement, it's more important you're genuine with yourself, where you're currently at and what is important to you in terms of goals related to this (or just life goals, and how something like heroin might, or might not, fit in with that).

I'll never forget how the big turning point in my recovery after using heroin for about a decade was when I realized it was okay to love drugs. Loving drugs didn't mean I had to use as much stuff as I could get my hands on. And acknowledging that voice inside me that found benefit (particularly genuine benefit) from opioid use was important, because it gave me the opportunity to start figuring out how I might realistically use them on any practical basis considering my other life goals.

When I acknowledged the entirety of how I felt about the drug use, it became a lot easier to let it go in favor of more skillful behaviors, stuff more in line with the stuff in my life that really mattered the most to me (family, career, friends, etc).