• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin. the Most Overrated Opiate/Opioid There Is?

SpunkySkunk347

Bluelighter
For a few reasons:
- High body load. The ratio of negative effects to positive effects is higher with heroin than compared to any other opiate/opioid. It has all the negative physical effects of an opiate: nausea, dizziness, hiccups, slow breathing, and these become apparent long before reaching a dose that is euphoric.

- Not as euphoric as other opiates/opioids. The quality of the euphoria is not very good. It gives much more of a strong 'sedation' type feeling, and not a 'pleasurable' type of feeling which opiates like oxycodone or hydromorphone give.

- Short duration. The euphoria is gone in 15 minutes when smoked, with only icky physical effects remaining for another hour or two. Snorting seems to only give a lift in mood for 2-3 hours, lacking feelings of pleasure.

- Often impure and poor quality. Heroin is found almost exclusively as 'street quality' powder/rock/tar, meaning it is often cut, impure, and low potency.

This is the only opiate/opioid that makes me feel sick and nauseous at normal doses. It has got to be the most overrated opiate/opioid, and possibly the most overrated of all drugs in general. The only thing I can compliment it on is it has a very nice taste, similar to vanilla - you can tell right away if it's actually heroin by the taste.

I have to strongly disagree with you. There is nothing better than a shot of high quality east coast powder.

I don't know about all that, OP. EC powder is some of the greatest euphoria I've ever experienced.

Last edited:
Some people find the nod and sedation to heavily increase the euphoria OP. Not everyones definition of euphoria is the same, obviously you like the more stimulating opiates, but that is your opinion...

Overrated? Heroin has the best euphoric better than Codeine or Oxycodone. Very pleasurable, yeah it is different than Hydro or Oxy, but in a good way, uplifted, away from reality. Not much negative side effects unless you get some low quality brown tar.

Last edited:
some people do not like opiates, but you appear to like others, save heroin. Ive seen a TON (ok, maybe several hundred grams) of bad/weak/cut heroin here, and good heroin is a daunting high - id been snorting for a while before I tried IV, and it floored me, literally; I could not get off the floor for 2 hours, as was nauseated as all. The '15' minute high you mention, I can tell you that isnt heroin at all. Real heroin lasts a while, did two dime bags recently that left me fucked up for 5+ hours.

Oxycodone gives me energy then a nod, hydromorphone is like being on a drop coaster or elevator car on the 100th floor and the cables are cut. Heroin is like being kissed by god, or being surrounded by 1000 titties, or some other similarly awesome metaphor. Addiction, which you didnt mention, is also a bitch. Im not saying try it again to prove you wrong, rather give up, dont waste any more money trying to find a needle in a pile of needles (i.e., good quality heroin).

I've never used dope/H and don't want to since I've seen what it does to friends, and I would take 5-10mg of oxy or hydro, or a moderate dose of codeine and that was enough when I dabbled with opiates. My friends who were into dope said how it makes you nod a lot more than codeine, hydro, and oxy do, and that while some people find hydro/oxy and even codeine to be stimulating that dope/H is very sedating; but some said how the drug was overrated but since they were both psychologically and physically addicted to it, and loved the euphoria/high from it they were not going to stop. My friends that were into it mainly injected even the ones who started out smoking and snorting it. They also said how the drug is highly addictive and it took a lot of them years or even decades to finally get off all opiates, overdoses and relapses happened a lot sometimes out of nowhere, and they would constantly crave the drug even while on methadone or subs. Good luck and stay safe.

Last edited:
Heroin is the most recreational opiate, imo. You havent done good heroin if you dont agree. If its not very euphoric and very short acting its probably mostly fentanyl.

dude the codones suck! Yeah it's not as good as Hydromorphone, but the come down isn't is harsh either!

Heroin is extremely euphoric. In fact, it is very easy to discern it would be even without prior experience due to speed of which it metabolizes into morphine. The sedation is incredibly euphoric in my opinion.

Pharmacutically, little compares. Oxymorphone is incredibly euphoric and absolutely is a matter of preference vs Heroin. Dilaudid is too short lived. Only high doses of pharmaceutical grade IV can measure up and they are hard to come by. Fentanyl isn't euphoric comparedy to its overly dangerous side effect profile.

The heroin going around by me turns normal people into fiends after one bag.

Some people find the nod and sedation to heavily increase the euphoria OP. Not everyones definition of euphoria is the same, obviously you like the more stimulating opiates, but that is your opinion...

For me, in order to feel euphoria on H, I have to be laying down and close my eyes so I can nod. But thats it, thats all it does for me, makes it pleasurable to close my eyes and not do anything.

I like opiates that you can do stuff on, like listen to music, or talk to people, or be at work. On heroin I dont feel like doing anything. So boring.

IMHO I think fentynal is over rated. When abused the high lasts for a little while then you want more but more never helps. Then the withdrawls from it are a Bitch!!! Depression, cold sweats no appetite. You feel like you want to crawl out of your skin everything hurts so bad.
I still miss it for some reason though go figure ?

I think it gives more ephouria than other opiates but thats probably cause I was shooting it, its also a lot cheaper than pills.

The heroin we used to get in the 80's/90's is vastly different than this crap today. I was never a habitual user, just a few times here and there. H is so stepped on these days, even if you get a decent cut, there's no telling what other shit is in it.

Many people are using H around my area to keep from being dope sick off pills, which creates a whole other addiction.

- Never got euphoria from heroin.
- Nodded on the old stuff, the current heroin doesn't make me nod at all.
- Never got the itch.

Warm, sweaty, relaxed for a few hours, that's it...ROA was snorting.

I don't understand the appeal of heroin really but for some, I guess it's awesome.

I prefer my opanas to H any day.

Last edited:
I, personally, don't find diacetylmorphine to be underrated in any way. The fact is, morphine has the ability to mitigate all forms of physical and mental suffering. Sure, hydromorphone has a better rush, oxymorphone has an amazing high etc. I say, whatever. God, Creator, Yaweh, Allah, Brahma gave us this beautiful plant, the fruits of which are morphine. Every harvest, the sweet the bitter latex is harvested by the nimble brown fingers of a Pashtun tribesman. The process can only be described as magical.

Sure, uber potent opioids manufactured in labs are great, but how can you beat God's creation. Not to mention the fact that by consuming these substances we are completing the circle of life by killing ourselves slowly. There are lows of course, but how is the life of a junky not analogous to the life of a blue-collar pencil pusher? Wishing, hoping, striving, but always dying.

Of everything ever tried the little blue one makes the day better than the little blue bags ever could from experience the dope don't touch 3 or 4 roxy in my eyes that's why they cost so much more the pills definitely have more bang for your buck

^^^ They cost so much more because they have to be meticulously made in lab. Crude opium base is sold by afghan farmers to drug lords for $36 a killogram - one-thousand grams. That is why it is so much cheaper. It is renewable vs degenerating resources that drives the price

Pills are cheap as fuck, while we cant discuss prices here, you could get a scrip of 4mg dilaudid filled here for the price of a movie ticket. PATENTS drive the price. That same dilaudid as 32mg exalgo costs as much as a decent used car (several K w/o insurance). Picking the shit up from the pharmacy actually made me nervous, knowing i had something on me smaller than 50 100 dollar bills, but worth more.

and heroin is not a natural creation, it is morphine + acetic anhydride, giving its acetyl groups that cross the BBB so much better than morphine.

All Im going to say about heroin is this: you will never forget your first time, even if you have the shittiest memory in the world outside of Alzheimers.