Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Heroin OD

trebor85

Greenlighter
Just had a question that i'm sure someone here can answer. I have a pretty high tolerance to opiates and use about 3 points of H most days of the week. Today I booted my first point and felt pretty good on the nod. Half an hour later I had another and was feeling great for about five minutes, next thing I know I'm waking up laying on the ground with 2 paramedics above me. They gave me Narcan and some oxygen and took me to the hospital for a bit. Apparently 5 minutes after my last shot my friend tried to get my attention. when he couldn't get a response from me after slapping me and shaking me for about five minutes he called 000. In the fifteen minutes it took them to reach me my friend said I turned completely blue in the face and had stopped breathing. My question is why this happened when it was the same amount of stuff I normally use and from the same source. I understand that quality varies from batch to batch but if it was that much stronger wouldn't I have od'd from the first shot? This has me a little shaken and would like any info you could give me on the subject. Thanks in advance.

Too much in a short period of time. Not everyday is the same, if you felt overwhelmingly well and took another shot 30 minutes after, not only the quality that could have been better but considering you have also repeated the dose when still being very high IMO.

Be grateful someone was there for you, otherwise you could be incapacitated or dead now..

Last edited:
What you were explaining OP I have had happened to me more times than I care to admit. I've been using IV administration for 10 years now, the last OD I experienced was around 6 to 7 years ago. I was always using the same dosage or so I thought with the outcome is being wildly different. I have had some very close calls, including having to be resuscitated using a defibrillator. I've also been injected with Narcan too many times ( once is plenty). I still to this day IV use. I have tried and failed many times to find out what/why this was happening to me, I never got a definitive answer besides "heroin is dangerous", and chalk it up to inexperience. It is a good thing that you had a buddy with you, many times people choose to do it alone and it's the last thing they ever did. Please post back if you find any useful information, and remember always be safe practice harm reduction and the buddy system.

If you were nodding out after your first shot, then why did you shoot up again half an hour later?

When gear is cut it's quite often not mixed properly. It's like making a cake with choc chips in it, if it's not mixed properly all the choc chips will be on one side of the cake. My friend was arrested with some packets he made up for sale. When they tested the purity of the packets some came back at 15% and some came back at 35% pure, all from the same ounce which was one rock. He didn't cut it so someone higher up the chain must have and not mixed it properly. Anyway, that's how it happens.

Last edited:
When gear is cut it's quite often not mixed properly. It's like making a cake with choc chips in it, if it's not mixed properly all the choc chips will be on one side of the cake. My friend was arrested with some packets he made up for sale. When they tested the purity of the packets some came back at 15% and some came back at 35% pure, all from the same ounce which was one rock. He didn't cut it so someone higher up the chain must have and not mixed it properly. Anyway, that's how it happens.

Bingo. Happens all the time.

Just got a deal that came in separate bags that was all from the same bigger bag - first one was meh, second knocked me out, third was meh (all taken on subsequent days)

There's other stuff that can factor in like the setting and your mind state on that day but not as much. Taking another shot 30mins after the first probably wasn't a good idea but sounds like you're experienced enough to know your usual response with dose/effect.

Were you in a different location? I've read some studies that show ODs are far more likely to occur in unfamiliar surroundings..

Also, waking up with paramedics over you with a dull realisation of what must have happened is the worst.. Makes you feel like such a waste of space.