• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Heroin injecting

Rather than delete, perhaps we can omit price discussion, and instead encourage testing the dope before injecting by smoking some.

Id worry less about wasting some heroin, and more about surviving. It really is a case of one time a shot with the same amount as a prior perfect shot can be lethal. Now more than ever. fentanyl doses are like 5-15mg a day for hard core long time heavy users who have massive tolerance. (IV 15mg fentanyl is equivalent to roughly 1500mg of morphine) 15mg is a very small amount, picture a point of down, now split into 6. thats how small a very lethal (2-3 times over, to the most tolerant of users) dose of fentanyl is, assuming its relatively pure. I could personally see big batches of fent being mixed with cuts and sold as "fire" heroin. Often. I do not however see any way of preventing the occasional inconsistency of some bags being stronger than others, with most of these occurrences being "small" in terms of variation, but not necessarily in dose.

Food for thought, take it as you will but do be careful. I didnt take it seriously until recently when I did a really small shot of "heroin" but fell out almost immediately, hands down the largest opiate dose ive ever experienced even though ive laughed at shots 4-5x bigger.

100mgs heroin mixed with 30 units of water should be good the first few times. And definitely do not try to decide whether you should do more after you already do a blast. H builds up in your system and is easy to OD on. If you want it to hit you good, use the left main vein in your arm, the one in the center of both the length and width of your arm. A shot right there will send it straight to your heart and give you a real "bang". lol just don't go overboard with it.

By the way, if you're worried about ODing have some meth or another amphetamine around. A line of twack will immediately cancel out an overdose on smack, guaranteed, but don't IV anything else if you think you are ODing. Having two drugs in the same body system(especially circulatory system) can send your body into shock. Reversing ODs with other drugs is most safely done by using a different ROA with the drug meant to reverse the OD.

Last edited:
100 mg of H for the first time IV? I am aware that OP is not opiate naive, but what you said can be taken for granted from someone who is naive. 100 mg of good H IV and for the first time is enough to kill a person. Not saying it would kill everyone.

Just shoot £20 of the dope you get. You smoke so one pack injected outta be nice

In Los Angeles a 5$ sack could get u so high you nod off and wake up with your cigarette burning your leg. So u might wanna start at 5$. 10 could potentially kill ya or be an awesome fuckin high. I think u will puke big time.

was this serious? or written as a joke/sarcastic? because I've been to LA and its kinda JUNK (and not junk in a good way).

2 things.

I hate tar
the dope is nothing compared to ECP (hate typing ECP but hate to) esp. nowadays w/ the fent in it all

I think the main question is, is there a fine line between feeling really chilled and eye lids half closed, and over dosing?
For example, right now I've just IV'd and I'm feeling really relaxed. Warm and nice inside. But I feel it's not enough. I want to feel even more chilled. Is there a fine line between feeling good and ODing? Or is it a case of I've gotta inject another 3 full 1cc syringes to OD? Considering 1cc has made me feel like this (could do with having more).

Another thing is how long should I wait before deciding to inject some more? Will what I've already injected be at its peak within 5-10mins or a lot longer?

Also I usually inject in the vein on the back of my hand. It's the only one I can really easily find and it doesn't leave any marks. The ones on my arms leave massive bruises from going in and out trying to find a decent one.

Bump. Could anyone answer the question on the first post of the 2nd page pleasings and thank you.

Comparing to smoking heroin, this injecting malarkey is a amazing. The feeling is incredible. Nothing quite like it.
Is withdrawal worse because of injection? Are there many differences like that when injecting compared to smoking?

Yes it is a fine line. There's is no way to know if a higher dose would be fantastic or fatal without taking a risk. Each batch of H can vary in strength by a large margin. It's always best to do a test batch and titrate your doses carefully when increasing. Not using alone and having Narcan on hand is the safest it gets when using street drugs of unknown purity.

Yes withdrawal is increased and usually hits faster and harder with IV. Tolerance raises quickly as well.

Man, this is something that always bothered me out on the street in the bay. People would always say things like "man I just did 50cc's and I'm so loaded", or if someone were to ask them how much heroin to do "Oh, I'd start with 20 to 30cc's" This form of ''measurement'' makes absolutely no sense. You can put 50cc's on 1 gram of dope, and you can also put 50cc's on 1 point of dope, so it doesn't give any insight into the amount of dope being used. It's really hard to tell someone how much dope to start off with the first time you IV, unless you know the dope this person is getting. Trust me heroin quality varies wildly depending on where you are and who you get it from. This is why it's always best to have someone who's been shooting dope a while with you if you're going to inject for the first time, just make sure he's not a complete retard. Have him do the dope first, and then he/she can probably give you a decent idea of how much you'd want to start off with. If you think the person is reckless or somewhat mentally challenged, disregard his opinion, or do 1/2 of what he/she tells you to try. you can always do more, but you can't do less.

I don't have narcan to hand but I do have lots of Buprenorphine. Because of the way Buprenorphine works will that help in the event of an overdose? Because if you take a bupe it immediately knocks off all the heroin from your opiate receptors, obviously before replenishing them with the synthetic version of heroin (Buprenorphine) if you take enough to replenish them.

Will Buprenorphine work in the event of an OD?

I don't have narcan to hand but I do have lots of Buprenorphine. Because of the way Buprenorphine works will that help in the event of an overdose? Because if you take a bupe it immediately knocks off all the heroin from your opiate receptors, obviously before replenishing them with the synthetic version of heroin (Buprenorphine) if you take enough to replenish them.

Will Buprenorphine work in the event of an OD?
NO, it does not work that way; however, if you are taking Bupe on the regular (daily dosage) it will help prevent that OD. Bupe kills a good portion of the opiate that you may be swallowing/sniffing/injecting and will help you get through each and every time using. then again, there are not guarantees and everybody is different but there will be many times you will hear someone say how strong a certain pill/powder may be but only to find out it is not as strong as that person originally said because you are on bupe and it kills the power of the opiate. this is both a good and a bad thing; always be careful when using coming off/from bupe because you NEVER KNOW what you are going to get. I have heard of many OD'ing thinking they had the same tolerance they once did while on bupe and now coming off bupe and using the same dosage they once did before.

always BE CAREFUL; that is the message to ALL! just because one day you may use a certain amount does NOT MEAN the next day you are/should use that same amount and expect the same results; things change, people change, drugs change - unfortunately, which is why we so/hear about so many OD's lately.

please all, be careful in what you do because you truly NEVER KNOW.

There are quite a few anecdotal accounts of bupe working in the event of an opiate overdose. I can't say for sure, but I imagine it could work. However, you'd want to be sure of what the person ODed on because if it's another kind of downer then the bupe could just make it worse.

This is from harmreduction.org:

Using buprenorphine to reverse an overdose is not something that has been scientifically studied. However, there are reports of this working. This is probably because the buprenorphine has a stronger affinity or attraction to the opioid receptors than heroin or other opioids, so it displaces the opioids. The reason Suboxone may reverse an overdose is probably not because of the naloxone in it—it is a very small amount—and it is most likely the buprenorphine that causes the person to wake up. Remember: during an overdose it is all about time and oxygen. Anything that is done to reverse an overdose should not sacrifice time or oxygen. Preparing a Suboxone to inject takes precious time, and waiting for the pill to dissolve in the mouth takes even longer.

This .gov page also discusses the matter:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3343634/

And here is an interesting post from Dr. Junig of Suboxone Talk Zone:

http://suboxonetalkzone.com/save-with-suboxone/

This is a good point to consider before trying to use a Sub to reverse an overdose rather than calling 911:

"If you are in a situation where someone else is overdosing, and you inject that person with Suboxone or any other substance other than Narcan, you will likely be prosecuted, and convicted, for manslaughter."

Dr. Junig also points out that a person with low or no tolerance who overdoses on an opiate would likely not be helped at all by bupe, but that it would only make it worse.

Still, I would say that if, for example, you're in an isolated area with no phone and you know that an opiate-dependent individual has overdosed on an opiate alone, and all you have is a Suboxone, then use it. But it would not be smart to be in that situation in the first place.

Last edited:
Man I did that for about 16 years. I started 17 and stopped cause I had no more vein and I mean not even in my neck or groin the only time I shoot is when I find a vein somewhere that has heal but as I use it once is gone. No is not normal that u have itchiness X half hour. I can give u some advise like: push it slowly in the vein so U can see how strong it is and don't ruin the vein, change place often, let the liquid cool down b4 shooting, if u do speedballs don't waste your money using crack only powder gives u the proper kick like 10 times more. And be careful specially if u inject alone. I overdosed 5 times once nearly died, the real danger is not too much stuf in the spoon and get a massive hit is risking to suffocate in the next hours as u think u can handle it , I' m talking about those times u fall asleep standing with a fag in your mouth!!! Be careful my friend !!!!!!!

I'm running out of place to dig already. My veins on the back of my hands are getting little hard lumps in them and feel bruised and it's the same on the crook of my left arm. The chunky vein on my right arm needs to settle a bit as I missed it and I have a huge lump that I need to leave to settle down. It's getting smaller each day. But both hands and both arm crooks are out of action at the moment. I'm trying the ones that run along the bottom of my thumb (between the thumb knuckle and the arm) but I need to leave the tourniquet on my wrist for ages for them to pop out and then my hand starts to swell as the tourniquet has been on too long and too tight.

I'm not skinny but I'm not hugely fat. I have a layer of chubb and looking there are no veins that are very visible apart from the ones on my wrist. They don't stick out though. I can just see them under the surface but they are quite thin.

Where else can I start to look for veins to use?

Also is it normal that my eye sight gets quite bad after I inject? I can't read very well and have to squint and close one eye.

The advice I can give you is to go back and smoke or sniff. I know is not the same feeling as when you slam but after a while you will not miss the rush so much. I used all the places available including neck and groin. Once I miss the vein and hit the artery on my neck. It was once of the most painful thing in my all life!!! It felt like petrol was poured into me and than light on fire. My arm chest leg and head of the left part of my body feels like burning for about 2/3 minutes. I forgot the golden rule "if it's pink think if it's red go ahead ". I stopped slamming ancient back to smoke or sniff. This saved me lots of money as well cause I injected only speedballs, not white or dark alone. So I know that is not easy but if you will menage to stop slamming and go back to smoke you will really be pleased with yourself, no more trouble with carrying around all the stuff you need , spoon water citric pump etc, plus u will save money and the withdrawal will come much slower than the hole. For me when I was injecting the clocking comes every 8/10 hours meaning when I was going to sleep i needed to make sure I had a fix ready for the next morning when I wake up and go to work. Give it a try man the buzzing is the same after 15 minutes so the flash will become less intense with the time passing till it will make very little difference. Good luck to you.

By the way, if you're worried about ODing have some meth or another amphetamine around. A line of twack will immediately cancel out an overdose on smack, guaranteed, but don't IV anything else if you think you are ODing. Having two drugs in the same body system(especially circulatory system) can send your body into shock. Reversing ODs with other drugs is most safely done by using a different ROA with the drug meant to reverse the OD.

This is horrible advice and I'm surprised no one else has pointed that out. Amphetamines or other uppers WILL NOT reverse an opiate OD. Period. In fact, it will make it worse. I just cannot understand why people say stuff like this as if they know, as if they think there's some kind of scientific basis for their words when in reality they have no idea. If you don't know something for sure, and there's a possibility that what you're saying could KILL somebody, then don't say it. Or do a quick Google search; it's so easy these days to fact-check and there's just no excuse for spouting off stuff like that when you can easily find out for sure if what you're saying is true or not.

This is from harmreduction.org:

Can I give them a shot of coke or speed OR does Speedballing balance you out?

No- speedballing does not cancel out OD risk- it actually increases risk, especially cocaine which can also numb the urge to breathe. Speedballing is any combination of a stimulant (upper) and a depressant (downer) taken together, especially a mixture of heroin and cocaine or heroin and methamphetamine injected into the bloodstream. Stimulants actually constrict blood vessels, and cause the heart to beat faster, which can depletes the body of much-needed oxygen, which makes the overdose worse. The more different drugs someone’s body has to process, the harder it is on their body. People who speedball usually use much more frequently that people who use only heroin- this increases OD risk.

about the bupe reversing an overdose thing, nothing scientifically proven here just my 2 cents

I would think it depends on whether you have Suboxone (which has Nalexone in it) or just plain Bupe in your possession.

You would also have to inject the Suboxone in order for the Nalexone to do its thing (rip opiates off your receptors and make you feel instant withdrawal)

In my experience, regardless of ROA, it takes Bupe about 15-20 minutes to really bind to your receptors, during which time it might be too late for someone who has ODed to come out of it.

A lot of people think the Nalexone in Suboxone does nothing which is partly true, it does nothing if you dont have any full agonist opiates on your receptors.

If you have solely Bupe on your receptors, you wont get Precipitated withdrawals because the Nalexone does not have enough of a binding power over the Bupe to rip them off your receptors in your brain.

But if you are currently high on a full opiate agonist, and inject Suboxone intravenously, you will go into precipitated withdrawal because the Nalexone rips off the agonist but the Bupe takes about 15 mins to get there so for that in-between time period you are fucked.

however, this would reverse an overdose in theory from what I have gathered from my own experiences of getting a Narcan shot vs what shooting Suboxone too soon feels like

TLDR: call an ambulance IMO

Last edited: