• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

(heroin) I think I went too far

Hofmannsdream

Bluelighter
Fuck. Always thought I had it under control. Well, at least I thought I was conscious enough to realize not to go too far.

Some rules I had given myself : never get a huge amount at once, wait between high times, take some distance and analyse my use frome time to time.

I kinda broke the rules. Until now, I never really craved it when it was gone. Anyway, its been ten days i've been using the thing. Compusively. Yesterday, I just had a tiny bit. All morning today, I felt like shit (depressed) and had to take another bit this noon to be able to work effectively. woops !

All the time I was high, I didn't even realize what I really was getting into. "It's fine", said the little voice in my head. Now I'm afraid I'm gonna feel like shit. If so, i'll get through it. I played the game, I know what happens. Take note that I'm not whining or anything.

So I've got a few questions :
Can you get bad withdrawal in such a short time of use?
Should I stop using it alltogether right now, or should I keep on lowering the doses if I can?

Thanks

Good chance you will get sick but it prob won't be that bad. You should prob be able to do everyday life it's just gonna suck for a while. You should prob just stop bc we're talkin about the D here. For me when I tried to do a little less I ended up trying to get a lot more. Seems like ur at a crossroads of either stopping a potential problem or going on a huge run. Just be safe...that shit took a lot of my life from me

Thanks for the help.
I'm done with that shit. I don't even really like it anymore, I just need it. Plus, it doesn't feel like me.
It's weird how the pauses between the use, just pause the whole addiction and pleasure process. When I get back to it I just start from where I left it.

I'll just hope it won't get to bad.
Oh, and this morning, my pupils were huge ! Wasn't rolling or anything though... HA !

Well I stopped yesterday.
I'm already feeling pretty bad, cold and hot and sweating a lot. Just like a flu or something. I still manage to go to work.
Will a little codeine make me feel better for a while, or will it just lengthen the WD?
thanks
HD

You are setting yourself up for disaster. My advice would be to quit while you are ahead. Taking codeine or any other opiate is only going to increase your risk of dependence. Suffer a little now or suffer greatly later. The longer you take the opiates, the harder the WD will be... :\

You are setting yourself up for disaster. My advice would be to quit while you are ahead. Taking codeine or any other opiate is only going to increase your risk of dependence. Suffer a little now or suffer greatly later. The longer you take the opiates, the harder the WD will be... :\

i could not agree with u more, listen to this man, and if u not , take it from me, ive been trough opium addiction and withdrawal, as nice as u might feel now, u gonna have to repay by feeling horrible for quite a while, both mentally and physically.

i made the mistake of taking like 20-40mg methadone with 1-2 days breaks for about a month or 2, ive had withdrawal for over a month! its finally stopping now, but not fun to be awake all night because it feels like your whole body and cramping, and when u do fall asleep your body starts detoxing more, giving u nightmare and waking up multiple times drenched with sweat so u gotta wipe off with TOWEL! O_O

trust me mate it is simply not worth it, u would be much better off, drinking a few beers, smoking a joint and listening to music

best of luck

Thanks.
I'll definitely go for the beers now that I can.
I'm planning to go running tonight to try to get my natural endorphins going again... if it helps.

^great plan! Be healthy first and foremost. Exercise is great for beating an addiction (or a mounting one in your case)... :)

Brother, if I were you i'd stop while you are ahead if you're already finding yourself using compulsive. Heroin addiction can lead to some really dark places.

stopping after 10 days in a row of using might seem bad to you, but it's really a walk in the park. If you don't stop now, i'd say there is a 90% chance that at some point you will end up using for alot more than 10 days in a row.

when you are on heroin, you simply don't think about what you'll feel like when you stop using it. So if you keep using, next time you'll probably end up going 20 or 30 days in a row, and that is a lot worse than 10.

Please consider quitting completely, because once you stop using responsibly, chances are you will never be able to use every once in a while again without eventually becoming addicted.

It's your choice if you want to keep using, but I guarantee you, at some point you will really regret it if you do. Addiction is a long, long, exscrutiatingly horrible experience.

Yeah, I know..

I have seen what it has done to friends. I was there to help out, and to seek for solutions and comfort.
That's why I'm quite ashamed of myself.
Anyway, I know it's not going to be as bad as I've seen it be. It's just that I have done it before without any problem, and without WD, but I was much careful with it.
I got compulsive, and as you said, might not be able to go back to beeing "responsible".
For me responsible will be "no more".
Thanks, once more.

Is it hot or is it cold?