• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Heroin. Cold turkey wd

ovo1024

Bluelighter
So I'm 72 hours in from my last dose. Its very hard but I have to quit. For several reasons. Anyways fir the past 6 months I've used every day or almost. Probably 5 days a week. I smoke black tar. I'm really struggling haven't slept much in 2days maybe 2 hours? I have nothing but my dad has effexor. Will that help? I Know it's an SNRI but right now I'm desperate

Dont take effexor. Why cant you access more stuff? Plenty of over counter help.

Yeah effexor's not going to do you any good. Maybe you can have a family member get you some kratom? If not the only other things I can think of is check into detox or just tough it out. Immodium will help with the diarrhea.

Effexor is likely to make you feel worse tbh. It has a somewhat stimulating effect which won't be great in opiate withdrawal. As said above, try and get some Imodium for diarrhoea and maybe a sedating antihistamine like dipenhydramine or doxylamine and it might help with sleep. At 72 hours from last heroin use, you will probably be at peak withdrawal. Ime, it starts to taper off at about 96 hours. You've gotten this far- keep it up mate, you will start to feel better soon ❤

You may wanna check out the recovery forums here to talk about this with people going through the same thing..

All the best ❤

get at least a bottle of loperamide that shit is gonna help. you. tons with the wds, especially with the diarrea, puking, pain in general, discomfort, belly ache, the sweating, etc. I think it's like 5 dollars for a 100 bottle. it's otc, you have to take at least 20-40mg for it to work like 10-20pills daily. trust me its gonna make withdrawal more bearable, don't go Cturkey man, ur suffering unnecessarily, if u can get gabapentin, it would be a miracle too. helps al lot with all the symptoms. and a benzo as well, either clonazepam or Diazepam. Those 3 medicines reduce your withdrawal. at least 70%, if ur broke like your saying, at least get loperamide, that's enough to help you a lot and its super cheap. GL with your withdrawals, ue 3 days in go man, you can do it. Stay safe NZN ♥

even if you took effexor, it won't magically make you feel good, effexor has to be taken for a period to get the best out of it, with low doses going up until you feel you are there and staying at that dose for a time, if you take it too much you will withdraw from it and it's a moore nasty withdrawal than from opioids

one of the meds I was in for withdrawal in the rehab was effexor, but that was mainly beccause I was addicted to tramadol and their snri actions are very similar, some may say they are cousins but very far cousins

So everyone after 80 hours of not using I fucked up. I smoked a dime bag to myself. Did I reset 3 days of pain or Is this like a small taper?

It's not a reset, stay strong. It will set you back obviously, but it's definitely not a reset. Also - if you can get anything at all (any more) get loperamide as suggested, it's easily the most helpful, non-controlled substance you can get and it has minimal risks (unlike taking a benzo for example)

I agree with everyone else, taking effexor would be pointless. You'd be a lot better off with some of the other suggestions like loperamide.

Read the posts and wanted to let you know OP that it’s totally ok if you used after trying to get clean. Just dust yourself off and try again. You can do it, you already proved to yourself toy can get a few days so why not keep going? I would not take Effexor. It will stimulate you a bit and that’s not what you want when your detoxing. But you said that your broke and can’t afford something to help with the detox, but your able to buy a dime? Maybe I’m not understanding something here but I think if you’re going cold turkey route, get something to help with the diarrhea and vomiting. Also, maybe get a Benadryl or some histamine to help you rest? In my first couple of rehabs I went to when you couldn’t sleep after detoxing they’d give you Benadryl along with your regular sleep meds. I hope this helped and good luck! You can do this.

Red Vein Kratom can help. It helped me get off of Acetyl-Fent, which was torture before I discovered Kratom. If you get goo K, and learn what your body needs, it can do wonders to help WD symptoms. I lived it, and I would never have believed it if I did not. This is why I recommend it to anyone WDing from opiates.

get at least a bottle of loperamide that shit is gonna help. you. tons with the wds, especially with the diarrea, puking, pain in general, discomfort, belly ache, the sweating, etc. I think it's like 5 dollars for a 100 bottle. it's otc, you have to take at least 20-40mg for it to work like 10-20pills daily. trust me its gonna make withdrawal more bearable, don't go Cturkey man, ur suffering unnecessarily, if u can get gabapentin, it would be a miracle too. helps al lot with all the symptoms. and a benzo as well, either clonazepam or Diazepam. Those 3 medicines reduce your withdrawal. at least 70%, if ur broke like your saying, at least get loperamide, that's enough to help you a lot and its super cheap. GL with your withdrawals, ue 3 days in go man, you can do it. Stay safe NZN ♥
You forgot to add it helps with mood too, when I'm on opioid WD's after taking 32-64mg loperamide my mood feels normal in very positive way and I'm able to go outside and to buy food. Heroin WD's shouldn't last too long so loperamide is perfect for it. You're stiutation is good in that way that you are not addicted to other drugs, so you can use gabas and benzos for short period of time to help quitting.

Immodium helps if you take a lot of it. Either way the truth is youre going to be uncomfortble for 3-7 days bust most of the WD symptons subside by day four and the rest is just fighting the cravings after that.

Good luck man

Hey Ovo, nice to see you round these parts. Sorry it's under these circumstances.

It's been 9 days.. Any good news? Or any news at all?