• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Here's my new work out routine does it make sense?

xxsicknessxx

Bluelighter
The basics. I've been taking a diet drug for a month now phentermine, and I've walked every day except for one day off. I lost ten then gained five back and over all this entire month I've eaten the same. Now I could cut out 300 - 700 calories pretty easily from my diet I just don't want to I really like my 1 top Ramon a day and my 3-4 cokes. So I get that's not perfect beside that I eat very healthy. What I'm really asking about is my feet have started hurting so I was either going to take another day off again which feels wrong because I'm gaining even if it's muscle is still not what I want so I was going to set my timer for four 15 min. And lift weights for the 15 min the reason why I'm asking is I walk for 45 min and I keep walking more and more and I just I'm so weak for spending 6 months in the hospital and 5 months in a resting home in the last four years plus two other long hospital stays and my arms are so weak my weights are four pounds each I just feel like even if I get tired it's worthless and that I should spend my time walking that'll get me more bang for my buck so to speak? Any thoughts? Is simple science that I could cut the top Ramon and coke out and I would probably see weight loss from that plus my doctor keeps telling me to eat breakfast and fast the rest of the day. Thing is I can fast in able to I've done it before it's just even with the diet drug I've been really feeling like all the meth in my past night of damaged my brain or maybe the truck that hit me or my heart failure that ended with me getting paddle shocked back to life might have lost me some brain sells because I've been kinda obsessive about food recently and I had gastric bypass I lost 255 pounds so I had food issues but I have a hard time thinking this is how everyone feels, I feel singled out like I'm the only person who follows the rules just to not lose weight. The odd thing is I never on the last four years worked out and I never cared what I ate and I've always managed to stay around 185-190 I got on the diet pills because I gained five pounds that didn't seem natural to me but maybe I really have gained muscle I won't know until Wed when I can use the fancy scale at my doctor's that checks your muscle. I'll update this post then and until then any advise would be great because while I'm ready to change things forever I'm also only willing to do that if I can still eat the stuff I like I can't give up top Ramon forever I guess I got used to it jail I have no idea why I started craving it again but I do, I arr I want one right now. Thanks for reading.

Yea so as of right now I took the day off in just doing light weights all day, but I feel bad about it. Is this unhealthy to be guilting myself telling myself I should just do the walk. I may still. But my feet are numb and they're extra numb kinda almost painful. I really think it's so unfair I can't get more norcos I wonder if my doctor is telling me the truth about how if I tried to raise them that the pharmacy could black list me for life. I gotta say my doctor made a point that I should get used to what I have but how do I do it that? I really think I'm suffering from brain problems from when the truck accident when I was crossing the street because my brain swelled they had to remove part of my skull for swelling but like I was so super medicated at the time I don't remember anything. My current doctor told me for years later they're are screws in my head still. I didn't know this, there's lots I feel I don't know. Everything's waiting for doctors appointments and it's always a month wait for everything except my pain doctor. She sees me every week for sonic wave treatment of my feet. Plus pill refills and diet appointments. I just think about buying a nordtrak or pelcon home gym, with the mirror that shows you videos while watching you, one of them comes with a whole weight gym in side it. It's 2,300 dollars but that's cheaper then a gym membership. I dunno. Any general advise anyone?

Paragraphs would help that be more readable

My advice would be to do strength training. It changed my life. It's by far the most efficient way to lose fat. Having extra muscle mass burns extra calories even sitting on the couch, and lifting weights burns calories hours after you have stopped. Also does wonders for mental health and recovering after drug use. The first few weeks will be unpleasant, but it will change if you give it a true effort, and stick with it

The key to losing weight is to be in a calorie deficit. You basically need to burn off more calories than you are consuming.

First work out your basic metabolic rate (the amount of calories your body needs to function) and then eat just below that.

So if my basic metabolic rate is 2000 calories, eat 300-500 calories less than this each day & you should lose about 1-2 pounds per week if you are consistent. If you also throw in some workouts on top of this then you will notice results quicker. The key is consistency. Try not to get too caught up on what you weigh each day as you will fluctuate. Maybe weigh yourself once a week on the same day first thing in the morning.