• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help

Shaqaundun

Greenlighter
I been abusing Opiods for about a year now due to kidney issues and it has completely ruined my life I attempted detox but came home and replased due to still feeling really shitty the withdrawals are pretty awful and I'm terrified if I can make it thru the withdrawals with some relief in sure I can kick this addiction for myself and my son becaus lately he has been affected and it's breaking my heart I need some advice from someone who has an experience with loperamide or suboxone ? Any suggestions will be appreciated as this is my first time posting

IDK if your renal troubles are pre existing or new but this might pertain to you. A new study was just released about Proton Pump Inhibitors (systemic Antacids like Omeprazole, Prilosec, Aciphex, etc.) causing renal insufficiency and failure in long and short term users. I've done my body weight in opiates / opioids but did not have any problems till I started taking Omeprazole for 6 months. Not that it's concrete proof but something to consider. Since then medium to high dose morphine causes my ankles to swell a bit. Luckily after 3-4 days of being clean I piss like a race horse and my ankles shrink up. I doubt suboxone will affect renal function as much as full agonist pain meds. If you have the means, I would highly recommend Suboxone as it was instrumental in my getting off a gram of MS per day. Loperamide needs to be taken in fairly large quantities to have any mental effects and that probably wouldn't help the renal troubles. I will try to hunt down the PPI study and post a link.

Have you tried therapy or rehab? Suboxone is definitely a wise choice, see if you can find a Suboxone doctor.

I'd avoid loperamide as much as possible as you can, it's like the last of the last of the last resorts when it comes to I need my fix NOW kinda shit. Get yourself into a rehab (30 day) that you choose and tour and meets your standards. What parts of the world are you from? If you don't want to post pm me. I might be able to offer some suggestions.

Seriously, rehab or suboxone are your best bet. I'd go the suboxone route for sure actually, definitely the kinder, gentler, wiser choice between the two. Thats for sure!

Oh, and FYI I did go the Suboxone route myself. Saved my life at the time. When I was ready to get off, I got off. Not exactly under the best of circumstances, but I was younger and stupider than I am now, for sure, of show %)

Sobriety, like life, is a long journey. Don't try and rush it now, just focus on what's right in front of you. That is what is most important and needs to be addressed, not future fantasy or machinations of the past. In other words, take you time, no rush. It took me 1.5 years on Suboxone, then 2.5 years on methadone before I was able to build the groundwork for the rest of my life. Truly, don't rush it.

The gentler and kinder choice is always the wiser one.

Last edited by a moderator: