• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Help with injecting heroin

aarondank

Bluelighter
I've read through the mega thread regarding injecting, and many other threads, but I am still having a lot of difficulty...

First off, doctors/nurses have always told me my veins are extremely difficult to find... And so now I am having this difficulty all by myself.

I've tried using a tourniquet (kinda difficult to hold without anyone to help though), took a hot shower, took a vasodialater (L-arginine), flexing my arm, swinging my arm over head, and STILL, I end up poking myself like 5 times (thus blunting the needle) before hitting a vein...

Also - when I've watched others inject, when they hit the vein and pull back to "register" it seems like a decent amount of blood clouds into the syringe, the best I've gotten is a small trickle of blood... Is this good enough, or am I not fully in the vein if only getting a small trickle upon "registering?"

I'm using fresh/clean "short needle insulin syringes" with an 8mm length and that are 30 guage (0.3 mm).

Is the lack of blood clouding when i "register" a sign that I am sticking the needle in too deep, thus going through and past my vein, or am I not deep enough??

Any suggestions or tips on how to get my veins to really pop is greatly appreciated. I've tried all the "common techniques" and still, I am having very poor-luck with this. I only have a few bags left and I'd like to make them count/last, hence the choice to finally attempt IV administration.

I'm fully aware of the the increased harm/danger and potential for addiction and withdrawal that comes with IV'ing, I have been using heroin for 2 years (snorting); I am not looking for a lecture, but some helpful suggestions.

Thanks.

Strap up your arm and lift some weights or do some press ups, try lying on your bed with your arm hanging off for 30 mins. might as well try hey? personally I've only ever vaped H or chased the dragon, I have serious needle phobia, still I hope I was of some help, and I shall not lecture you, but I'm sure someone will. Still may I ask why you believe it's come to the point that you must pick up the needle?

You should never shoot the veins on your hands ankles feet or wrists.

With that said I always used my foot if I started to look to much like a pin cushion. Jump up and down or swing your leg like your doing aerobics and check the veins on the top of your foot. If they roll try curling your toes. If you miss it's gonna fuck your shit up and your probably going to end up with a big lump that could cut off circulation to your hand, toes, or fingers. Excellent way to damage your nerves or lose a hand but desperation is a manipulative hoe. For that reason I really don't advise it but your gonna do what your gonna do. If you do miss in one of these areas and the swelling begins affecting your circulation don't be a bitch and go to the ER.