• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help with heroin detox

Cnicole

Greenlighter
I'm going through withdrawals for heroin and the restlessness is the worst. Has anyone ever heard of using elavil to help with it? I haven't read anything about it but I know it sometimes helps you sleep. Any experience with this anyone?

Elavil, a.k.a. amitriptyline, is an antidepressant that may be somewhat helpful in controlling diarrhea and may help a bit with insomnia. I have used it in a pinch before to help with some of the symptoms of acute withdrawal, but there are some unpleasant side effects (a creepy kind of sedation) and it will be of limited usefulness to treat acute withdrawal.

Be careful how much you take however. This was a drug that is pretty well known to cause overdoses in the higher dosage range. Check out erowid.org for experiences and dosing info and whatnot. Also see this thread: http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/545059-The-Amitriptyline-Mega-Thread

Last but not least, welcome to BL!

Thank you. I don't have resources to much stuff. I took a Xanax last night and it wasn't helping so I took elavil and it seemed to knock me out so I could finally sleep. Thankfully.