• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help very much needed someone

silentftw

Bluelighter
Hello fellow friends, i currently am addicted to oxycodone about 30-40 mg a day. i have ran out plus for a new years resolution want to try to quit so i am on day 1 of withdraw.
I just heard from a buddy they have suboxone strips for sale. I have no experience with this and im wondering is it even worth it as i have heard it can be even more addicting. I would appreciate a dosage guide for beginners, as well on advice as to even take these. Currently I'm using DXM and kratom to withdraw and i feel not completely terrible. Thanks.

How long have you been addicted? Sorry I've got no experience with strips. If you can remain somewhat comfortable without it, maybe skip it as you'd be trading one for another.

Hello fellow friends, i currently am addicted to oxycodone about 30-40 mg a day. i have ran out plus for a new years resolution want to try to quit so i am on day 1 of withdraw.
I just heard from a buddy they have suboxone strips for sale. I have no experience with this and im wondering is it even worth it as i have heard it can be even more addicting. I would appreciate a dosage guide for beginners, as well on advice as to even take these. Currently I'm using DXM and kratom to withdraw and i feel not completely terrible. Thanks.
See what you can do with the kratom and DXM, granted you?ll still feel withdrawals. But stepping off subs can be a nightmare in itself.
If you decide you need to go on subs, that?s ok, don?t feel bad or anything, it can be enormously helpful if you?re struggling to stay clean. My advice is to see a doctor and get your subs legitimately not off the streets.
And good luck dude, I?ve been in your shoes. Currently 20 months clean. You have our love and support

There's quite a lot to get into but for starters let me get you some references so you can wrap your head around what might be a successful plan. I don't know how long you've been using Oxy for but I'm going to assume for at least 6 months to a year.

Some choose to taper at very rapid rated like 7 to 28 days and that's something to consider if your habit's been short term or circumstances deem it necessary but other wise I'd advise something longer and shallow like this.

RFj7wuj.png

Day 50 -0.00mg

This can obviously be modified to suite your needs but it's an idea to start with, starting at and staying with a low dose makes quitting more manageable imo. I would also take a good look at this thread as I think you'll find a wealth of info.

Suboxone-Mega-Thread-and-FAQ-v-19

There's quite a lot to get into but for starters let me get you some references so you can wrap your head around what might be a successful plan. I don't know how long you've been using Oxy for but I'm going to assume for at least 6 months to a year.

Some choose to taper at very rapid rated like 7 to 28 days and that's something to consider if your habit's been short term or circumstances deem it necessary but other wise I'd advise something longer and shallow like this.

RFj7wuj.png

Day 50 -0.00mg

This can obviously be modified to suite your needs but it's an idea to start with, starting at and staying with a low dose makes quitting more manageable imo. I would also take a good look at this thread as I think you'll find a wealth of info.

Suboxone-Mega-Thread-and-FAQ-v-19

Thanks this was helpful. i went ahead and bought them anyway. ive got 4 strips of 4 mg a piece. say i started with 2 mgs im assuming you can cut them in half by looking at them? and only use it for for a couple days.? Would that work to get me through the worst of it or only start a whole another withdraw after those few days of using it? and ive been taking oxy for about 3 years. i used to just go through the withdraws cold turkey with Imodium and tell myself to endure the pain. i told myself that's the price i paid for taking them. With Imodium but my habit has gotten continually worse and now if i try to go cold turkey it affects my work/job

The problem is at work Im TOTALLY worthless if i can even drag myself out of bed during withdraw. So my main question is with 16 mgs of this can i take it for 3 or 4 days and get through the worst of it or will i then be at the mercy of a suboxone withdraw? i mean can you get w/d off suboxone after only a couple of days? or would it simply rocket my opioid dependance back to where it was before

With the tapering schedule above you should not be dealing with any serious sub withdrawals at all. That's been my experience with slow tapering of methadone, which isn't the same drug, but the principle is the same. I think the slow taper that Jekyl posted is a really good idea if you're gonna use the strips. I hear you on needing to be productive at work. Good luck and let us know how things are going

I think if you only taper for 3 -4 days the oxy WD's will still be present even after you quit the subs. IMO Sub dependence becomes a real problem after several weeks+ at moderately high doses. The worst cases develop when subs are used for years.

I would really try to plan something out that lasts at least 7 -10 days so you'll be fully transitioned onto the subs making the discontinuation from them easier than straight oxy. I would also read through the megathread first to get an idea on how to properly conduct a suboxone induction. You need to be in decent to heavy WD's first for the best results.

Here's a thread that shows a plan than might suit you better. If you need to work I wouldn't make it too steep or you won't want to leave the house.

-quick-suboxone-taper-plan-from-60mg-roxy-a-day

taper.jpg

I think if you only taper for 3 -4 days the oxy WD's will still be present even after you quit the subs. IMO Sub dependence becomes a real problem after several weeks+ at moderately high doses. The worst cases develop when subs are used for years.

I would really try to plan something out that lasts at least 7 -10 days so you'll be fully transitioned onto the subs making the discontinuation from them easier than straight oxy. I would also read through the megathread first to get an idea on how to properly conduct a suboxone induction. You need to be in decent to heavy WD's first for the best results.

Here's a thread that shows a plan than might suit you better. If you need to work I wouldn't make it too steep or you won't want to leave the house.

-quick-suboxone-taper-plan-from-60mg-roxy-a-day

taper.jpg

Ive been looking a bit online. Seems like alot of people are saying the withdraw from the subs can last a lot longer than just opioid w/d. so final question because i couldn't google an answer for this. if i take 4 mgs today, 2 mgs tomorrow, 1 mg, the 3rd day, etc for about 5 days. will i have SUB withdraw or just my opioid withdraw come back for the depression 3 week long phase? or would the original oxycodone withdraw basically re-start? Also Im assuming subs wont get you high at all it will just make your brain feel like its on opioids so you'll feel fine throughout the day?

well took 4 mgs about 45 minutes ago and i feel a whole lot better. also anywhere i lay down is like the most comfortable feeling ive ever had. in a good mood no real euphoria or anything but it definitely seems like it would make me really tired at work. i will continue to do a quick taper on it tho. Thanks again guys.

Back when I was using I'd use a quick taper of 3-5 days with suboxone to almost completely eliminate the withdrawals from oxycodone/heroin. The only problem is it did nothing for the intense cravings so I'd always go back.

I'd never use Suboxone for more than two weeks without fully acknowledging that you may get hooked. And trust me, once your physically dependent to suboxone your in deep. The shits impossible to get off in my experience.

-GC

well took 4 mgs about 45 minutes ago and i feel a whole lot better. also anywhere i lay down is like the most comfortable feeling ive ever had. in a good mood no real euphoria or anything but it definitely seems like it would make me really tired at work. i will continue to do a quick taper on it tho. Thanks again guys.

From this it sounds like you could have even started with less than 4 mg

From this it sounds like you could have even started with less than 4 mg

Yea im actually pretty high. Next time will do 2 mg. and yes i only have these 4 strips of 4 mg and i don't plan on getting more as i definitely do not want to get hooked on something with a half life this long. i couldn't imagine that withdraw. This is totally off topic and random but i will be sober for a full 2 months so that ive completely withdraw ed and am in a normal state again.

If after that time i am not happy. (i was very depressed long before i ever started using drugs, the oxycodone gave me confidence and motivation but that wears off after continual use as you all know) As i was saying if i am still not happy after 2 months sober i will probably go back to taking oxycodone.

If it turns out that way i only will have to find the willpower within me to try to keep it to like one 10mg pill a day even though that would be hard. This is basically an experiment. i Know i wasn't happy before drugs but i want to at least try and see if i can find happiness on my own so that's why im doing this, never done heroin, only orally ingest the pills, never been homeless or anything like that.

But i do spend a large amount of money on the pills and ever since i started taking them time has FLOWN BY. idk if anyone else feels similar. It feels like the past 5 years have only been two. i feel like lifes coasting by and ive done nothing with my life. Anyways im buzzed so im just kind of ranting here. Once again thank you gentlemen and have a happy new year.

I can understand why you want to get off the pills, and why you think you might go back to them. Like you, i found that opiates were great for confidence, energy, mood - to a point. Until I needed them just to keep withdrawals away. I started out with vicodin, oxy and morphine. Said I'd never do H. But when the pills got too expensive, that changed. Snorted it for a long time, said I'd never shoot it. Guess what I ended up doing? Point being, in the earlier stages of opiate addiction many of us have rules about things we'll never do. As we get deeper those rules don't hold up. Just a reminder in case you go back. That being said, I think it's smart and courageous of you to try and find happiness without oxy, since you know it's not a permanent fix. As far as time flying by, I've felt that. Doing nothing with your life-been there too! Lol. That's kinda how it goes, unfortunately. Wishing you a truly happy new year, a better year ahead. :)

You bring up a very good question, I consider myself one of the more educated opiate users prolly why i am still alive today, anyways greetings Silent,
Heres what u do how many mgs are the sub's strips usually what i do the first day u want to start subs U MUST BE IN FULL WITHDRAWAL BEFORE SUBS WILL WORK, dont believe me and try it early I will be telling you I TOLD U SO WHEN U ASK ME. I did this too and boy u will regret it. but one your in full withdrawals i take 4 mgs of suboxone it used to come in 8mg 2mg pills the brekdown is 8mg of Subutex and 2mg of Nalaxone aka Narcan) I started in full withdrawal with 1/2 of a subs pill (4mg) within 15 min or less all the pain went away all the nausea went away all the shits went away every day after i did a crumb (2,mg of subs) fpr abpit 10 days. during that time u will feel normal and by day 10 dont take that sub on day 11 it really does work if done on a schedule and during full withdrawal.
I was in pain management and had 2 doctors an Anaseisologist (Pain Mgmnt) and an Addictionologist (the guy that gets u off the shit) i had a very good education for those 9 years until my addiction ologist passed away the practice broke up and it was not the same. I can tell u if you have been doing alot of oxy or percoet either one it is more of a bitch to get off of than heroin try the subs may have to use more than 4 on ur first day but be damn sure ur in the full uglys before popin the strip of suboxone The other more dangerous way is take 50mg of valium or 6mg of xanax and be sure to have a babysitter for this to keep an eye on you u will usually just sleep off the withdrawals because the benzos will sedate u far enough soas not to feel the withdrawal pain. i have used those amounts before and it does work .