• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help!!! Trying to cut off oxycodone

Jaymineh

Greenlighter
Hi folks!!
I am an addict, I was clean and sober for years but had a major relapse! After which I had brief periods of sobriety over the course of a few years.
However I had yet another slip, and landed up extremely wasted on heroin, benzos, crack and alchohol and I passed out on my dealers floor.
Nothing unusual in that, I quite often pass out in random places.
Unfortunately for me, when I passed out my legs were crossed and I was so wasted that I didn’t move for 13 hours!
So basicalky, long story short, I cut off all the circulation to my legs, my muscles all broke down, etc, etc, etc, and I almost lost my legs because of this!
So the pain was absolutely unbearable! I couldn’t move because of it, I had to be moved by medical staff, I couldn’t walk, had to learn how to walk all over again. Was pretty serious.
Because of the pain and me being an addict so have the tollerence of a rhino, morphine did nothing for the pain, the put me on oxycodone. That took the edge off but still not enough, I was still in constant unbearable pain. So I was sneaking it of the hospital and using heroin on top.
When I left the hospital and saw my own doctor. He put up all meds including oxy until the pain was bearable and for around 8 months, I didn’t use on top. But some medical advisory thing told docs that’s anyone on oxy should be taken off of it, they started cutting me down without even talking to me! When the pain started again, I started using heroin again. So now I’ve gonw from 100mg twice a day with instant release in between, to 40mg twice a day. So I had a habit on top of the oxy but over the last week I’ve used less and less, partly due to lack of funds, partly due to actually trying to cut down!
Today I’ve only taken half of a 30 mg oxy and I’ve used pregablin and baclofen and I’m not actually feelin any withdrawals because of them! Boost!!
My question is this...,
How long is it gonna take for the withdrawals to subside? I really need to get off these now, I’m sick of feeling crap! I want to be clean again!
I was really hoping to track down some subutex but I’ve had no luck, so cold turkey is seemin very likely! What can I do to help? Like today as I said I’ve taken pres and baclofen and I don’t feel any withdrawals.
Will they help when I don’t take any at all?
I’ve done plenty heroin cold turkeys, Will an oxy one be similar?
Any advise will be welcomed!
Thanks in advance guys!

Id assume oxy wd would be slighty milder but longer wd. However with the amount you are using its tolerable. 2-4 weeks?
Are you using the pregabalin for nerve pain?
Quit the oxys now and wait atleast a month before you start cutting the pregabalin. You will have even worse wds from the lyricas so when you start tapering it (if you plan to stop using lyrica) do it very very slowly.
Also subutex is pretty much for the rest of your life so dont get on them. Unless you feel like you absolutely have to.

2 cents

Last edited:
I would go into the oxy withdrawal just like you went into heroin withdrawals. Plan for the poops, sweats, chills, and skin crawls. Focus on your health, stay hydrated, and have plenty of material to entertain you because time will feel like it is crawling by one second at a time. Every time I kicked I kept a computer nearby and surfed the web for pointless material. You've got this!

Oh fantastic lol!! So I’m in for it thenhaha!! Is it gonna be worse or last longer than heroin withdrawals or will it be much and such the same?

Don't forget the anti diarrhea meds help..I'm so sorry I had to detox off heroin in jail cold turkey u can do this. Watch Netflix..stay hydrated
Worst will be over in three days. Sorry hon

Id assume oxy wd would be slighty milder but longer wd. However with the amount you are using its tolerable. 2-4 weeks?
Are you using the pregabalin for nerve pain?
Quit the oxys now and wait atleast a month before you start cutting the pregabalin. You will have even worse wds from the lyricas so when you start tapering it (if you plan to stop using lyrica) do it very very slowly.
Also subutex is pretty much for the rest of your life so dont get on them. Unless you feel like you absolutely have to.

2 cents
Sorry but subutex the rest of your life?? WTF!! Nah nah! That’s not how they should be used!! They’re meant for a rapid detox from opiates! These places that are putting people on it long term are ridiculous!! I’ve done it in rehab in a week with subutex and ive done it on the street by mysel. All the subutex does is replaces the opiates in the receptors and comes off much more slowly, therefore WD not as bad, usually while on subutex no WD at all and then only a few days of feeling a bit yuk once I come off them. Best way to detox from opiates by a mile!!

And yes I get pregablin for nerve damage, I don’t have a habit tho, take them sporadically. I find tollerence goes up too quickly with them so if I take the 2 300mg a day that I’m prescribed I don’t feel them, however if I take 2 every few days, I get a decent head on! I used them as prescribed for about 9months, everyday took 2, when I stopped there were no WD at all! Maybe because that’s when I started using heroin again I didn’t feel them? I dunno but I was quite worried as have read stuff and watched on tv how bad it is to come off them. But I just stopped to see if I could and hey presto! Lol!

Don't forget the anti diarrhea meds help..I'm so sorry I had to detox off heroin in jail cold turkey u can do this. Watch Netflix..stay hydrated
Worst will be over in three days. Sorry hon
[/QUOTE
3 days! ??
I’ve always heard this 3 day thing but that’s just not how it’s ever been for me! It’s 2 weeks feeling just as bad as I did on the first day then another few weeks of slowly getting a little better every day. That’s unless I have subs and can do a quick detox with them, then it’s only a day or two with low energy and disturbed sleep once I come off them. But I’m my area right now they are so difficult to get your hands on! And they cost a fortune lol!! £5 a pill here and you need at least 8 to do a proper detox!

Sorry but subutex the rest of your life?? WTF!! Nah nah! That’s not how they should be used!! They’re meant for a rapid detox from opiates! These places that are putting people on it long term are ridiculous!! I’ve done it in rehab in a week with subutex and ive done it on the street by mysel. All the subutex does is replaces the opiates in the receptors and comes off much more slowly, therefore WD not as bad, usually while on subutex no WD at all and then only a few days of feeling a bit yuk once I come off them. Best way to detox from opiates by a mile!!

And yes I get pregablin for nerve damage, I don’t have a habit tho, take them sporadically. I find tollerence goes up too quickly with them so if I take the 2 300mg a day that I’m prescribed I don’t feel them, however if I take 2 every few days, I get a decent head on! I used them as prescribed for about 9months, everyday took 2, when I stopped there were no WD at all! Maybe because that’s when I started using heroin again I didn’t feel them? I dunno but I was quite worried as have read stuff and watched on tv how bad it is to come off them. But I just stopped to see if I could and hey presto! Lol!
Youre right. 1-2 week detox with them should be the way to go, but people like it so they stay on them. I dont blame them tho. Wish subs still worked for me lol.

Were you just taking the pregabalin with no other drugs? Cause thats usually how people get no wds from it.
Anyway, you can beat the wds if you really want to just stay strong.