• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help! Subxone/Percocet Question

Cece716

Greenlighter
Ok so I have a question but I will give you a little of my story first..

I have been taking 15-30 mg of Oxycodone.. Mainly Percocet for the last 4 years. I recently decided I wanted to stop because although my dose is small.. I still get awful withdrawal symptoms when I don't have them. I have never gone over 40 mg in one day because I am just too afraid to get even more addicted and have even worse withdrawal. Anyway.. so I got a hold of Suboxone 8mg last Sunday. I broke it in pieces and took it over the course of 5 days. The last time I took it was Friday morning and it was only about .10 mg.. think a quarter.. of a quarter of a 8mg pill.. Yesterday I didn't have any left and I took a 15 mg perc... well I took half and then the other half around 11pm last night.. And then today my husband gave me a quarter of a quarter of a sub.. I took it around 1pm but I am in so much pain.. I want to take a 7.5 perc.. Will it even work? or will it make me sick? I don't care about getting high from it.. I just wanna be out of pain! I don't wanna flip flop either but until I can get maybe 1 more 8mg sub to last me a week.. I am gonna wanna take the dam perc.

Hey Cece, welcome to Bluelight :)

Really sorry to hear about your w/d troubles :( I'm going to move your thread over to Sober Living because those folks are knowledgeable and should be able to point you in the right direction if you want to quit successfully.

Good luck!

Ok.. Sorry and Thank you.. I'm new and I really didn't know where to ask my question. I appreciate very much!

Don't take the perc, just ride it out now. Take ibuprofen for the pain, it really does help. You're almost through this.

don't take the perc with the sub in your system- you will feel worse... A LOT worse!

Inducing buprenorphine with opioids in your system will cause precipitated withdrawal, but inducing opioids with bupe in your system will pretty much just waste the perc. About 7 years ago I ate about 20 grams of oxy...yes you read that right... in less than a week trying to break through a bupe blockade to reverse a precipitated withdrawal. I might as well have been drinking a glass of water. My wife kept looking at me screaming, "You are gonna DIE!!!" and I told her, "maybe if I get lucky I will cover a handful of receptors and feel slightly less hellacious than the hell I had put myself in.

Last edited:
Inducing buprenorphine with opioids in your system will cause precipitated withdrawal, but inducing opioids with bupe in your system will pretty much just waste the perc. About 7 years ago I ate about 20 grams of oxy...yes you read that right... in less than a week trying to break through a bupe blockade to reverse a precipitated withdrawal. I might as well have been drinking a glass of water. My wife kept looking at me screaming, "You are gonna DIE!!!" and I told her, "maybe if I get lucky I will cover a handful of receptors and feel slightly less hellacious than the hell I had put myself in.

20g in less than a week is commitment! ;)

But that exactly right. I remember when I first tried buprenorphine, I used like 4mg/day for seven days. The week after that was spring break and a friend gave me 100mg hydrocodone, which I normally quite enjoyed at doses of 30-40mg. I tried that and nada. Eventually took the entire 100mg, and still felt nothing thanks to the leftover buprenorphine in my system.

Off topic, but for what its worth hydrocodone is a horribly ineffective means of breaking through buprenorphine. Yet even with something like IM heroin it can still be pretty tough. Powerful stuff.

As you wrote, it's having full agonist opioids in one's system prior to taking buprenorphine (or any partial/full antagonist) is what causes precipitated withdrawal. Not taking full agonists after taking buprenorphine, that just tends to be a waste.