• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Help please

me0307

Bluelighter
Last saturday my gf, a friend, and I smoked some really good kush (not sure what kind...point is - i was retarded after half a joint).

The body high and mental high were amazing. However the next day I felt like my entire body was numb/tingling - almost like a continuing body high (not as enjoyable as you would think...). It lasted throughout the rest of the day and it was even difficult to fall asleep. I took some diphenhydramine to fall asleep and was fine the next day.

My gf on the other hand - not so well. She's getting quite annoyed with the feeling and i can totally understand why. She seems more anxious than usual, she continues to have the same numbing sensations that I experienced, and her thoughts are somewhat faded - she describes it as "walking a dream".

She is diagnosed with anxiety and adhd. She's prescribed Adderall, Allegra, Zoloft, and Gabapentin (for sleeping - not seizures lol).

The day she smoked she did not take her Adderall or Zoloft.

An explanation (and a possible solution) to this numbing sensation that we have experienced (and that she is continuing to experience) would be great! Thanks!

well sometimes if i smoke lots of high grade weed for like a week then if i stop suddenly for awhile then the world around me seems sort of weird because im used to being totally wrecked and sobriety becomes a "trip". that might explain the waking dream thing with your girlfriend but i have no idea about numbness

Kush is an indica... so it has narcotic/seditive effects, unlike sativas which are psychedelic.

The combonation along with an antihistamine (allegra), an amphetamine (adderall), an maoi (zoloft), and a nerve-acting pain medicine (gabapentin) could have adverse effects with a heavy indica like the Kush variety.

Try a good sativa, like trainwreck, and see what happens. Perhaps she will react positively.

yea it seems like indica is what is causing this...

im guessing brownies wouldnt be such a great idea for her?

Can't say for sure. Ingesting cannabis will be a longer high than smoking it. Its all subjective to how the individuals system reacts.

well sometimes if i smoke lots of high grade weed for like a week then if i stop suddenly for awhile then the world around me seems sort of weird because im used to being totally wrecked and sobriety becomes a "trip". that might explain the waking dream thing with your girlfriend but i have no idea about numbness

thats true. also she hadnt smoked in a long time, and it was a fat joint with high grade. probably her first time huh? and for her size also.. but yea that sounds normal dont get worry.

i have had this.. its just a mullover (weed hangover).. it will subside in 1-2 days.

Don't smoke so much next time. If you are new to smoking, take it slow.

The combonation along with an antihistamine (allegra), an amphetamine (adderall), an maoi (zoloft), and a nerve-acting pain medicine (gabapentin) could have adverse effects with a heavy indica like the Kush variety.

I agree adding another substance to those 4 would definitely be synergistic, not necessarily in a good way.

I doubt its dangerous to combine them as ive taken 2 of those listed while smoking and been fine, but you may want to avoid cannabis if all those medicines combined have an adverse reaction such as described.

I have to ask why would you skip a dose though? That alone could be why she feels like she does. Both zoloft (which is an ssri btw, not an maoi) and adderall can present withdrawals if you stop abruptly. I couldnt see anything bad coming with taking your dose and smoking, as i take zoloft and smoke regularly.

A few things to consider, seems pretty logical to me...

A normal weed hangover may consist of a mild kind of "out of it" feeling and a loss of interest/concentration in life.

This sounds like something else for your girl tho, I don't know much about the pharmaceuticals but this is obviously a possibility.

But as far as eating weed, I would defiantly stay away from that. You don't know how high you're going to get and once you're there, there's no going back for 3-5 hours.

I agree adding another substance to those 4 would definitely be synergistic, not necessarily in a good way.

I doubt its dangerous to combine them as ive taken 2 of those listed while smoking and been fine, but you may want to avoid cannabis if all those medicines combined have an adverse reaction such as described.

I have to ask why would you skip a dose though? That alone could be why she feels like she does. Both zoloft (which is an ssri btw, not an maoi) and adderall can present withdrawals if you stop abruptly. I couldnt see anything bad coming with taking your dose and smoking, as i take zoloft and smoke regularly.

A few things to consider, seems pretty logical to me...

she doesnt take them on weekends and is actually allowed to do so.

She only smoked like half a joint...not really that much imo

And i mean i have had this exact same feeling. It's not a problem to her from what she is teling me. She is just slightly annoyed that she still feels a body high.

I've concluded that its a weed hangover. Its been about a month since her last smoke session and she smoked some really high grade stuff...shes so awesome <3:\

The first two times shes ever smoked, she vaporized some Sativa Trainwreck and was fine....Indica and her just don't mix from what i can tell.

thanks for all your suggestions!

I take Zoloft and smoking goes right to my head in a way it never did before. Very potent, what a trip!

It doesn't surprise me in the least... take it slow with your lady. She's on a cocktail of drugs and a fat joint of high grade shit when she's new to smoking will obviously knock her on her ass in a bad way.