• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Help! Oxycontin Detox

General_A. Napoli

Bluelighter
Hey everyone,

I'm new to these forums but to start, I've gotten myself into some deep shit. I've developed a 120 mg per day oxycodone habit everyday for 2 months and was forced to stop for one day because my hookup ran dry. It was the worst pain in my life; it felt like the flu x10 and the pain was so terrible I could hardly move. I stupidly did some meth thinking it would alleviate the symptoms, which did help at first, but made everything a lot worse when I started coming down. It was the worst feeling I've ever had in my life and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

However, I scored 2 80 mg oxycontin and just did 20 mg to kill the withdrawal symptoms. These are the last pills I'm able to get, and I won't have access to opiates after this. Please help! I feel boxed in a corner and don't know what to do. I will be normal for 1-2 more days and then return to hell. Any advice will help very much- this is the worst thing that has every happened in my life.

taper off with the remaining oxy, don't score a high from the oxy at all thinking one last time would be good. Just take very low doses where you can stand the withdrawal. Obviously a little bit isn't going to help all the symptoms.

Are you prescribed oxy? or do you buy it from people?

I have been prescribed it for a leg surgery, but tried it before being prescribed it. That prescription led to my addiction. I did buy these two from a supplier. The reason I bought these last two wasn't to feel good, but to stop horrid sickness. I will try using small doses to taper off.. but I'm worried what will happen when I run out because this time, it's for good.

Opiate withdrawl can be hell but there are ways to make it liveable.

Check the above links and do a google search on "The Thomas Recipe" and "dealing with opiate withdrawl." You'll be surprised what you're able to find!

I've used parts of the Thomas Recipe along with a low mg Methadone Taper to make my life much more tolerable during my experiences with OC withdrawal. I find a methadone taper is better than an OC taper when coming off OCs because of the Methadone's super-long half-life. Plus, I find it far less tempting to do more Methadone than I "need" than doing more OC than I "need".

Good luck buddy!:) You can do it.

ya I just quit ct after doin up to 80mg daily for about 2-3 months as well and I found, just like it says in the guide, that immodium (loperamide) and aleve (naproxen) help a lot! Best of luck man

Yes stop now while you can before you kill yourself with the opiates man. Have you considered Methadone treatment? Or Suboxone ? Something to think about. Good luck and Godspeed my friend.

good luck bro... i have a ten times worse problem than you and im NOT looking forward to quitting any time soon

I have been prescribed it for a leg surgery, but tried it before being prescribed it. That prescription led to my addiction. I did buy these two from a supplier. The reason I bought these last two wasn't to feel good, but to stop horrid sickness. I will try using small doses to taper off.. but I'm worried what will happen when I run out because this time, it's for good.

Normally Oxy would be prescribed for long term pain....I would think that leg surgery would be more of a short term pain.

^ Doctors all have their preferences. I had surgery for a broken leg a year or two back and the doctor provided me with low-dose oxycontin along with percocet for breakthrough pain. A different doctor might have given vicodin. Ultimately, it all comes down to the doctor - he's the one writing the script, and having done the surgery, he knows the situation best.
In general, it seems that most people who are on oxy are on oxy, meaning they have a serious condition (cancer, chronic pain, etc) and probably will be taking it for a while (or indefinitely), but it can be and often is prescribed for acute pain. As they say, YMMV.

yuuup, I'm goin through withdrawals right now, it fuckin sucks, I'm doin it without sub this time, it's bout to be hellla fuun

It sucks to go through w/d's! Withdrawal from 120mg OC is a horrible feeling. The good news is that your usage is relatively short and your dosage isn't *that* high. So you will definitely feel better in a short period of time.

Read all the articles on making your detox more painless, stock up on your supplies while you still have your current oxy to get you out of the house, hunker down and do it. You'll feel physically better within 6-7 days, and the mental aspects will probably cease with 2 weeks. Try really hard to exercise to get your body producing endorphins on its own. If you can get a couple of subs to taper with, do it.

The worst part of w/d IMO is the psychological aspect. You'll feel like there's no reason to live and you'd do anything to get out of the pain your in. Copping again to get high will just prolong the agony.

It'll only take about a week to get your system clear. When you're feeling like you can't bear it anymore, search the forums for people's w/d stories. There are a lot of threads on here created by people who have gone through the same thing. I've gotten a lot of support and inspiration from reading peoples' w/d threads. Good luck. Hang in there. You can do this.

Yea perhaps its a blessing in disguise that you lost your connect. Personally, about a year ago when I acquired the most amazing oxy connect (seriously they run it like a dope house - consistent, NEVER run out, good prices, and they'll never try to beat you, strictly business) it was the exact opposite; a curse disguised as a blessing. I don't know what I would do if somehow I lost this connect, like if they got locked up or for some reason stopped dealing with me.... Anyway, good luck man and keep your head up.

yes i would seriously suggest doing only 1/4 of the pill a day for the next few days even if you feel like shit it will seriously help (taper). make it known that it will be almost impossible to deal with it but make a schedule and stick to it.. otherwise you may want to consider rehab or a week or suboxone treatment

and yes it is a blessing in disguise.. do not acquire an opiate addiction to this degree. you will end up shooting up in no time. you dont want to be there. you had your two months of fun.. now get over it. and stick to being clean. take this advise.

If you looked at the withdrawal guides, you have probably seen this information, but based on my experience these are the most important things to have/do-

1.) Clonodine. This helps tremendously with the cold sweats and other PNS over-stimulation. If you can't get clonodine, then beta blockers are a decent alternative... these are the drugs that end in -olol... propranolol, metoprolol, atenolol, acebutolol, etc.

2.) A benzodiazepene. The longer half-life benzos are optimal... valium, librium, ativan, klonopin but a short-acting one like xanax is better than nothing. I've had to withdraw with nothing but klonopin before and it made it SO much better than having to withdraw with a beta blocker, immodium and NSAIDs.

3.) Loperamide (imodium). You should at least take 1-3x the regular dose for diarrhea but many on this board regard it as OTC methadone. Some take 5, 10 or 20x the recommended dose and feel it helps with a lot more of the w/d symptoms than just the shits.

4.) NSAIDs. Get some OTC aspirin, ibuprofen or naproxen because that will helps a lot with the aches and pains. Baths/Hot tubs are also really effective for this and of course the combination of hot water + NSAIDs would be best.

5.) Magnesium and potassium. Get some of these for the RLS, if you have a good benzo these won't be as necessary but they will probably help.

6.) If you can't get a benzo just about any sedative will help to a varying degree. If you only have access to OTCs then I would suggest doxylamine (it is in unisom II among others) as well as melatonin for sleep. Also I really like kava kava and the easiest and most convenient are the high proof tinctures which can be found in health food stores... you can FAR exceed the recommended doses and it will help a lot like a low dose benzo.

If I were in your situation what I would do is order a relatively small amount of poppy pods and do a proper taper with tea. A single dose of the poppy pods will probably hold you very comfortably for at least 18 hours and that will go a long way in helping you taper, the longer the duration the better and if you can order quickly you can have them in 2 days.

If you would like more specific information feel free to PM/IM/Email me and search around, there is a lot of information out there on PPT.

Take care.

Last edited:
get on suboxone for the assrapingly high cost>shit pants and vomit all day....thats my choice atleast

My suggestion for opiate withdrawl for someone in your shoes is to just tough it out. It's not the best solution, but it is a solution. It will be over with in a few days, and you just need to keep telling yourself that. Tell yourself you just plain do not have any more drugs, so it's going to happen whether you like or not. Try to smile every once in a while and think of the absurdity of the situation, that helped a bit for me.

During my last opiate WD, I had to go cold turkey. I stocked up on DXM cough medicine and aleve, and just went with it. I made sure to laugh at myself at least once an hour as I rolled around in sweat-soaked sheets and puked in a bucket. It just plain sucks.

BUT, another thing that really helped me was going through benzo WDs. After going through benzo WDs, opiate WDs are fun! You can't die from them! No seizures! So now for me, whenever I am WDing from opiates, I am saying my thank you prayers that it isn't benzos I'm WDing from again. As I'm puking and sweating through multiple pairs of clothes and no sleeping for 4 days straight, I just keep thinking how lucky I have it not to be WDing from benzos.

It works for me.

I personally wouldnt get on sub or methadone, it could very easily cause more trouble.

As people have said, stock up on otc pharmies while you can. If you can see a doctor and get clonidine that will help hugely, benzo's help but dont get dependent on them...loperamide will help with you shitting al the time, get some panadeine/panadol and some ibuprofen. I found one of the worst parts of WD is the back pain I experience and panadol helps a lot with this despite what many people think of the painkilling properties of otc painkillers.

And if you cant eat then drink protein shakes, lots of fruit juice(mixed fruit preferably) lots of water and anything else healthy that you can think o. The healthier you live over the next few days the better you will feel, thats is garanteed.

Good luck, it shouldnt last longer than 5-7 days. Find somewhere comfortable to be, watch some movies, talk to friends, take it easy.

One more thing too, weed helps me out heaps when im in WD's, its a lifesaver, it makes me wanna eat and helps with psychological cravings but I also usually end up taking way, way too many benzo's, like up to 4mg 3-4 times a day which is probably not so good. If your gonna use benzo's, use them sparingly. Skelaxin and soma are also good to use for muscle tensing and pain.

Skelaxin and soma are also good to use for muscle tensing and pain.

I have read somewhere on bluelight that soma can sometimes make RLS much worse when in opiate withdrawal.

Sorry friend, you're screwed short term; but long term you'll be fine. Just go thru the pain CT. Don't mess around easing the pain with opiate relief inputs. It'll just prolong the pain.

Hey everyone,

I'm new to these forums but to start, I've gotten myself into some deep shit. I've developed a 120 mg per day oxycodone habit everyday for 2 months and was forced to stop for one day because my hookup ran dry. It was the worst pain in my life; it felt like the flu x10 and the pain was so terrible I could hardly move. I stupidly did some meth thinking it would alleviate the symptoms, which did help at first, but made everything a lot worse when I started coming down. It was the worst feeling I've ever had in my life and I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

However, I scored 2 80 mg oxycontin and just did 20 mg to kill the withdrawal symptoms. These are the last pills I'm able to get, and I won't have access to opiates after this. Please help! I feel boxed in a corner and don't know what to do. I will be normal for 1-2 more days and then return to hell. Any advice will help very much- this is the worst thing that has every happened in my life.