Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

help needed to stave off sever withdrawal for a while

theatarisfan

Bluelighter
ok so i still have those 8 teva brand morphine sulphate SR tablets and im going to go into wd pretty soon and have no gear/money left and dealer ent up yet.
Any ideas how i can turn these little tablets (when you crush them and mix them with water to inject or even plug they turn into the dreaded gel iv heard so much so i thought to myself well what if i smash them up and then swallow the resulting powder? Surely that would then at l;east make the,m a little less SR?!
Please let me know

even though the gelling occurs with water, further buffering with 2 x 5ml barell or alternatively a 10ml, it will give you the desired end result.

The same method above, for IV, would first need a pre-filter with a rollie filter, then pass through a 0.02 micron. if you put the end soln in a 10ml barrel id press for acquiring butterfly clips to inject safely and smoothly as possible as handling 5ml barrel can be cumbersome.

any other questions, throw em out and ill help as much as possible.

I hope I'm not too late, and a pompous git (I get that) but... don't do it too often - the Oxy O.P thang. That's gotta kill ya. Eventually... And hey, that's rich, I know - I've slammed my share of crud in the day... and suffered life changing consequences... which I won't go into. It's hard giving advice about gear because, well, I guess I didn't hear anyone giving me advice for waay too long, lol. I had to figure it out myself... and get on a program, which I'm still on... lol. But. yeah. Good luck.
Pax
PtP

he, yeah i dont really want to slam them anymore, my veins r too fucked and NEED healing time. I still have them asnd was thinking of experiementing tonight actually

Nothing wrong with putting gel up your ass, in fact plugging is the best ROA for opioids (unless you have a complete disregard for health in which case bang away)

There are non prescription opioids available on the cheap if you're just trying to stave off w/d's

^ IVing hardly means that you have a ''complete disregard for health.''

Needles are the only inherently dangerous ROA. Measures can be taken to minimise the harm.
IF you have good technique, clean product, rotate sites/give your veins time to heal it's not seriously dangerous at all - few people fit this criteria.

complete disregard was an obvious exaggeration, if you want to respect the rush more than your wellbeing then go for it.
IV'ing over plugging is a disregard for your health.

If you stick needles all over the place repeatedly, without even injecting anything, you will be much worse off than the rectal opioid user.
I'm not calling you an unhealthy person - I'm saying anyone who IV's is unhealthier than they would be plugging.

Especially when we're talking about jelly morphine. IVing that IS a complete disregard for health, whereas plugging it is perfectly safe.
Poking holes in your veins is unhealthy - coating your anus isn't. This is a HR website.

Please tell me how needles/IV'ing morphine pills is taking regard for health? What are the risks with plugging again? One ROA is inherently unhealthy, the other isn't detrimental to health.

Needles are the only inherently dangerous ROA.
Not wishing to split hairs, but smoking (the result of combustion, not to be confused with vapourising) is never a safe ROA.
I don't know if you are specifically referring to morphine administration - in which case I don't disagree with you necessarily - but even the most benign substances will cause you harm if taken certain ways.
Intravenous administration certainly is risky business, and is off-limits for lots of drug users for good reason - but there are plenty of substances that sound dreadful to administer other ways, such as rectally or by insufflation - such as the more corrosive phenethylamines, for example.

I think sharing safer ways of doing "inherently dangerous" things is one of the important elements of harm reduction - but when drugs are deliberately designed and manufactured to be "abuse proof" (in other words, dangerous or inconvenient to administer in non-specified ways) - the lines get a bit blurry.
Bluelight has helped share information regerding the 'cold water extraction' method of isolating codeine from more acutely toxic NSAIDs in OTC preparations - presumably reducing a great deal of harm -but when we get into the topic of how to (more) safely inject pills with fucked up additives to deter people from doing exactly that...it's a question of 'how much safer is it?' and 'is the risk involved acceptable?'
I don't know what is in these pills, or what the gelling agent is - but shooting pills is dangerous, even with the best filtration methods and so on.
The best we can really provide people is the safest option to do what they are planning to do anyway, IMO.
In this case the OP wasn't looking for advice on how to inject these pills - merely getting around (some) of the slow release mechanism.

Last edited:
Yeah have fun smoking morphine pills

Are you trying to suggest IV'ing caustic substances is safer than plugging them? If so, I would honestly not be surprised. If not, I don't see what relevance that has.
I said dangerous ROA. If you plug a corrosive substance, it's not the ROA that does the harm, it's the substance itself. Injecting that substance would do even more harm.
Plugging trumps IV in terms of health each time. Some drugs have a low rectal BA, but mostly people value the rush more than the detriment to health.

I never said that IVing anything was safe.
Even in a sterile, medical setting, complications can arise. I was talking about HR in broad terms; if you want to get defensive, that's your prerogative.
As I was trying to explain, writing off ROAs as somehow beyond the pale on a harm reduction discussion board means that some users - probably the most marginalised and at risk of all drug users (IDUs) - are likely to miss useful HR tips that could save their life/limbs etc.
It just comes across as a little preachy to me, when I think the conversation needs to be as open-minded as possible for the sake of getting important information to those who need it most. This is my perspective and you are entitled to disagree, but perhaps it deserves it's own thread, as this is way off topic.
Saying
it's not the ROA that does the harm, it's the substance itself.
Is a bit besides the point, if you ask me. I acknowledged that you might be referring to morphine, which you seem to have overlooked or ignored.
I said dangerous ROA.
No, you said;
Needles are the only inherently dangerous ROA.
(emphasis my own)

This is what I was responding to, giving you at least one example of why it is erroneous.
Draw whatever assumptions you want from this; I was not advocating anything in particular, just stating that stigmatising injecting drug users - people that are at risk is quite contrary to the general philosophy of bluelight and harm reduction more generally.

You can misquote me and take my posts out of context - I don't mind. I don't have a personal issue with you - in fact I don't recall ever interacting with you until recently - but taking someone disagreeing with you, (and taking the effort to elaborate on their thoughts) as a personal slight seems rather touchy.
Do try to be civil...or don't. But we're all friends here. <3

Last edited:
If you need to stave off withdrawals and you don't have any opiates then the following helps.

Ok so what are withdrawals. Everyone thinks they're a pleasure/reward centre begging for some gear. In reality they're an inflammation response. Recently science discovered that the hangover from alcohol is in fact an inflammation response and is related to the mechanism responsible opiate withdrawals.

The particular neurotransmitter involved is called 'Glial' and it is particular involved in our bodies response to say infections and drug addiction. Currently in trials are glial cell modulator like Ibudilast which has shown dramatic reductions in withdrawals and tolerance.

With that in mind and considering Ibudilast is $2k for 100mg (unless your in Japan) these are the things that I would recommend if you want to reduce the affect of withdrawals.

1) vitamin C - about 90mg every 30 minutes. Lots of vitamin C over the course of the day helps and takes the edge off the withdrawals.
2) in combo with the above fruit, green Apples are the best. The uptake of vitamins has been found to be far more effective in the presence of the thousands of polyphenols contained in fruit.
3) paracetamol (APAP) and ibuprofen (see above for inflammation response). Obviously Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory are going to help. I recommend 1000 mg of paracetamol in combination with 800mg of ibuprofen every 5 hours. Do not drink alcohol at all - APAP becomes toxic in the presence of alcohol
4) Imodium is actually an opiate. The reasons why you don't get high from it is because of the MAOIs in your body prevent it from crossing into the brain. But yes it will help, especially with binding to opiate receptors in your body. and yes its possible to find a way of inhibiting your MAOIs and getting high from Imodium
5) keep busy. If you can't stay motivated and say exercising then try watching a series of films - emotional films seem to be the best as they tend to grab your attention. Be prepared to cry like a baby.

or you can sign up for subutex.....