• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

help me help a journo - answer these questions

3.What are some tips for first timers?
Make sure that you have read up on the internet/in books and talked to other experienced users so that you know what to expect, before you decide if ecstacy is for you.
The first time you take ecstacy is usually the best, so make sure that you feel comfortable about your setting to maximise enjoyment.
Don't take ecstacy to 'fix' a bad mood, as your mindset will often change your experience drastically.
If you have a particularly low bodyweight, consider only taking half a pill at first, and follow up with the other half if desired once you are comfortable with the effects of the first.
Make sure that a (relatively) straight friend(s) are present to keep an eye on you, and reassure you if the experience is overwhelming.
6.What should someone do when they come down?
Many people enjoy the ecstacy 'comedown' just as much as the initial effects of a pill, and spend the morning recovering together in some comfortable, private location.
Others prefer to sleep it off, which is often quite easy if you have been dancing all night.
It is a good idea to eat food if possible. Although it might be hard to stomach at the time, eating some food the morning after using drugs will help your body recover more quickly.
[ 27 June 2002: Message edited by: Sniff ]

Question 11 is the only one nobody has attempted...
11) What are your experiences with ecstasy?
johnboy: how should we approach this one, cos everyone would have a totally different response? I was thinking that because these answers are a group effort we should just say something like "the users on bluelight have a vast range of experience with ecstasy, from people that have never tried it but are still quite knowledgable, to people that have been doing it for many years and have large amounts of first hand experience."

Question 2 and Hardup's response regarding Ritonavir... My understanding is that Ritonavir potentiates the effects of MDMA. I have a friend who is on Ritonavir and needs only a quarter pill to peak as hard as someone taking 1-2 pills. However, in general he limits his party drug usage for the sake of his general health, especially given that he is HIV+. I'm not able to comment specifically about the effects of antiretrovirals on MDMA metabolism and would concur that anyone on them should consult their doctor regarding recreational drug usage.
I would add that HIV- people should absolutely not consider abusing antiretrovirals in the hope that they will peak harder. They have hideous side-effects and really whack your immune system. Save them for when you really need them - if you ever do contract HIV they can save your life.

Pleo: That questioned was asked because originally this was sent to just me. I made the decision to open it up to the whole community. I don't thin he'd mind if this question was either skipped over, or anybody who felt like it chimed in.I think the former is probably preferable as there is far too much information here as it is ;)

You guys are good!
Any way this can be turned into a FAQ thingo or something when it's done, JB?

D&AWg: you and hardup are both right. Just to clarify, ritonavir inhibits a number of enzymes in the cytochrome P450 system that also metabolise MDMA. This includes CYP2D6, CyP3A4 and possibly others. This means that MDMA is down broken more slowly than usual, and can result in blood levels 3 - 5 times higher than the norm. Although in the case of Phillip Kay, who died from the combo, his blood levels were closer to 10 times the norm.
See Ritonavir and Ecstasy
Possible Interactions Between Street Drugs and HIV Medications
Mixing Club Drugs and HIV Medication
Recreational Dangers

Excellent topic, more than happy to contribute my 2cents to as many questions as I can:
Q 4) Get a good nights sleep, eat a healthy meal (eg-pasta), read up on HM sites about ecstacy, gather your best friends around.
Q 7) If your body needs to get rid of the chemicals you will throw up anyway, don't resist it but generally no need to induce vomiting.
Q 8) half a litre every hour if dancing (which you won't be when peaking!) half that otherwise. Or, if your thirsty, then just drink!
Q9) Alcohol can intensify and prolong an mdma experience, but be careful as your perception of your limits will be altered and you could end up knocking yourself out. Plus, you get dehydrated.
Last Question- I doubt that anyone who takes ecstacy would not dabble with other drugs, neurological damage would be the result of years of abuse, and who is going to pop every weekend for 10 years? If your that silly then you deserve what ever you get. Actually, I take that comment back.
enough for now, hope it helps.
and this would make a great FAQ.
cheers!!!
;-)

JB: Did this ever get turned into a real article? If so, do you think the journo in question would send us a copy to post on the site?
If not... anyone feel like turning this into a FAQ of some kind, for reference?
BigTrancer :)

i honestly dont know what ended up happening with this. he knew it was here, and thanked us all for all the info, but as to whether or not the story got published i don't know.
first person to turn this all into a FAQ wins a prize!