PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

help identifying a research chem

Status
Not open for further replies.

bansheebeat

Greenlighter
Me and my herb dealer got to talking today and he told me he had some research chem. He said he thought it was 2c something. He said it wasn't his and he was holding it for a friend but he could sell a little. He said it was an orange powder.

so my question is what research chem is an orange powder?

None of the 2Cs as far as I know unless they've been cut or contaminated. Really could be anything - orange powder could be orange sherbet for all us bunch of internet strangers know. I can't think of any RC I've come across that's an orange powder but there are hundreds - if not thousands - of RCs. Which brings us back to the pointlessness of speculating.

All I can suggest is that none of you take this substance. Even if it is a 2C it's not a common one and 2Cs have a wide range of doses - from single digit mg up to 100mg+. Same applies to other RCs. Taking an unknown chemical which may produce extreme effects in single digit doses just for the hell of it could be the last thing you ever do.

Unless you can find out from the person who originally gave it to your friend, or know someone with a GC/MS set-up, I'd avoid like the plague. Any dealer selling these kinda drugs without having any idea of what it is or what a safe dose is is a dangerous idiot, in my opinion.

Drug ID threads are not allowed but I'll leave this open briefly for anyone to maybe correct me on my "not a 2C" assumption or has something else to add, but the bottom line is nobody can tell you what it is.

He should wait until the owner returns before selling it >.>

Orange in a phenethylamine sounds weird. Unless they didn't reduce all of the nitrostyrene and were too fucking lazy to so much as do an AB extraction... I rather doubt that; that's a level of shoddiness above and beyond even that of RC suppliers (at least the ones selling 2C's, i think the sellers of cannabinoids and meph might be a bit shoddier)

There's a lot of yellow-orange-red JWH going around. Even from a decent supplier, 18 and 73 aren't a nice white, and have a distinct mothball odor. If your guy's stuff reeks of mothballs, it's a JWH, almost certainly JWH-018.

Otherwise, its god-knows-what, and should not be ingested until it's identity is determined.

In any case, your dealer deserves a smack upside the head for offering to sell something he didnt know the identity of. And maybe from the owner of the stuff (why do i get the idea that he wasn't supposed to be selling it? maybe i'm totally off the mark here)

Last edited:
alright. first off i'm sorry, i didn't know identification posts weren't allowed!

and thank you. he said he's tripped 15 mg and it was alot like 2c-e.

but you're right. unless i got a positive ID i didn't intend to get any

UPDATE: he just said that it was orange because they guy had added fillers to it to press into pills but he didn't get around to pressing all the powder

aaha!

5 bucks says it's 2C-I, cause it's cheapest and most available 2C-X, and that's what people who go pressing RC's into pills care about (pressing RC's into pills is imo, a rather irresponsible thing to do, especially if, as seems to be the case, it's being sold by people who don't even know what it is). Hit his friend over the head with a stick for raising the profile of 2C-I, thus increasing the risk of it getting the attention of the govt.

Last edited:
Maybe he should ask the guy what it actually is rather than just why it's orange and can he sell it ;)

What country are you in, incidentally? There have been pressed orange pills in the UK the last year or two containing 2Cs. Different batches contained either 2C-I or 2C-T-7.

Well. I trust the guy. I'm not sure if i'll take the risk of buying it, but i believe it is a 2c of some kind. The guy knows what he's talking about so it probably is 2c-e. Maybe 2c-b?

Anyway. Thanks for the help guys. If i do decide to take a dive and buy a little lets just hope for the best. This could be the only thing i can come across to ring in the new year!

Maybe he should ask the guy what it actually is rather than just why it's orange and can he sell it ;)

Hahaha. That is EXACTLY what i was thinking. It would be the easiest solution forsure :p

I'm in the US

Last edited:
^you beat me to it.

do as shambles says and ask the guy to ask his friend what it is. Also make sure its measured on a proper scale.

Im going to have to close this thread because we dont do ID threads on BL. Sorry
:)

I'll slap my own wrists for posting in a closed thread but...

ask the guy to ask his friend what it is. Also make sure its measured on a proper scale.

Just occurred to me that as it's been cut with a filler even if properly weighed it's not going to be too accurate, I'd think. Especially if it's one of the more dose sensitive chems. Wouldn't be too great if one of you gets 90% filler to active and another gets it the other way round. I really would think twice about taking the stuff at all.

RCs just shouldn't be pressed into pills and certainly shouldn't be dished out by people who have no clue what they are taking or selling. People who do stuff like that kill people, give responsible drug users a bad name, and are all-round bad eggs :|

/mini-rant

Status
Not open for further replies.