• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help!? How long till I can sleep

Clsmomtobe

Greenlighter
I recently quit my opiate addiction that was going on for about two years started off really small only a few percocets a week but recently (within the last 2-3 months) got out of hand where I was snorting 8-12mgs hydromorphone like 3/4 times a day or taking 50-60mgs of Vicodin a few times a day. I'm in Day 6 of quitting cold turkey because I found out I was pregnant, most of the physical symptoms are gone and I was actually able to come back to work on day 3, now I'm just struggling with the constant RLS and lack of sleep which I didn't have in the beginning of all this. Please please just give me somewhat of a time frame of when I be back to normal sleep, it's killing me right now and I can't take hardly anything because of the pregnancy. Any insight is appreciated!!

Wow, Clsmomtobe, pat yourself on the mother fucking back! (crude pun intended ;))

Do you have an OBGYN or women's clinic you are familiar with in your area?

Hot baths and Tiger Balm (Extra not Ultra, or whatever the red/yellow one is, not the white-ish one) is my non-pharmacotherapy recommendation for RLS related sleep issues. Also try working on your sleep issues. I hear sleep disturbances are not uncommon during pregnancy (particularly the first trimester for some reason, though I could be wrong). Anything you can do to help take care of yourself generally speaking, just taking care of your body and keeping as healthy as possible given the demands of your life, is what you should try putting your effort into right now.

Do NOT take Suboxone or anything with naloxone in it (it is a known teratogen).

Extending a very warm welcome to BL's Sober Living!!!! Congrats on your six days of sobriety btw, that is no small feat! :)

Thanks for the kind words and advice! Its definitely not been easy but I know I have to do whats best for my baby. I do have an OBGYN which I visited yesterday, and I guess quitting cold turkey isn't recommended during pregnancy but she said since I've come this far it was best to continue. She didn't give me much advice on sleep except it takes time for my body to get back to normal. I just wanna know how long! Its killing me and I'm starting to think its all in my head.
Thanks again!!

I haven't been pregnant but I slept beside one who was for whole the time of her pregnancy and I remember her having pretty hard time to stay asleep during the first trimester and third trimester as I woke up many nights to either her trying to get comfortable position or to simply her poking to my ribs because she was envious of me sleeping well :)

So the sleeping issues might well continue after the initial withdrawal perioid has ceased.

I have plenty of times ceased using oxycodone and it took around week or two until I could sleep without RLS causing me trouble.