• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin Help! Heroin withdrawals and suboxone question! Please help thanks

get high

Bluelighter
Hello So I have been doing heroin for 6 months straight. I use everyday, all day. I have to use every 2- 4 hours or I start getting sick. When I wake up I am terribly sick too, and if I can't find any heroin the sickness is unbearable. It's hell :'(. Now I started heroin 6 months ago, and instantly it became a habit. I am trying to quit, but I'm so scared of withdrawals. I am planning on quitting heroin this week but I'm trying not to become sick during the process.

I heard suboxone help, so I picked up three 8m/2mg suboxones from a friend. These are all I could find. Now my question is can I take these to help with the withdrawals and sickness? Does suboxone help if you want to quit heroin? when I'm trying to quit heroin? I've never taken suboxone, nor do I have any knowledge on it. I just heard somewhere that it helps with heroin withdrawal. Should I be good with three 8 mg subs to quit heroin, or will I need more? How much do I take? I don't have any knowledge on suboxone, nor have I ever quit heroin before. I really need to quit though, as I have lost my source of making money, and it's just time to quit. Will three suboxone 8 mg be enough to get me through 3 days? How much do I take? Now these are suboxone strips. Could someone please tell me the steps to quit heroin using the three suboxons I have? What if I got some kratom too, would that help? I appreciate any feedback. I REALLY do. THANK YOU!

Arg.. so many things I want to say to this. Suboxone basically is a replacement to heroin, it helps with withdrawals because it is an opioid. You can certainly 'quit' heroin with suboxone, using it as a rapid detox.. You'll still feel pretty shitty for a while though, there's no escaping this. Suboxones real value is long-term maintenance. So, you may use suboxone to rapidly detox from heroin, 3X 8MG strips will definitely see you through the worst of the H withdrawals, you'll still feel shitty once the suboxone wears off, but no where near as acute/intense as going Cold Turkey from Heroin.

But - I mean, this hardly means you've quit heroin.. Quitting is essentially the act of not using any more, planning to use suboxone to cheat the withdrawals is all very well, but what is your plan to not use heroin again? If your plan is basically 'I'm just going to stop buying it and using it" then I think you're in for a rude shock. If it were that easy we'd all just quit on a whim.

Maintenance can help you quit by stabilising you, allowing you to get a healthy life routine (work, exercise, right social circles, etc) - so when you come off the maintenance drug; you're ready.

Good luck anyway.

EDIT: Also - do some research on suboxone before taking it, it's a strange drug in that it's an antagonist as well as an agonist. Which means if you take it too early after using heroin, it will throw you into precipitated withdrawal (AKA Hell on Earth). You also won't be able to use suboxone with Kratom. Suboxone (bupe) has a very high affinity to the MU receptor that opioids bind to, so any other opiates will be useless while using suboxone, including heroin.

Suboxone gives me major migraines. Below is just my opinion, not medical guidelines of how to dose.

There's really good suboxone threads here...check out the mega on it. Suboxone users can better advise you.

Depends on your metabolism. Some people take one dose a day and it holds them, others split doses because they find by evening hours their AM dose wears off.

- Make sure you're in full withdrawals prior to dosing. Some people say 24 hrs, I say when you feel like shit.
- Cut the strip in half at 1st. Since you have a pretty good habit/tolerance, it will take a half to hold ya. plus, you want to see how your body reacts to a new drug.
- Place that half under your tongue...DON'T eat or drink anything for 20 minutes at least after dosing.
- Wait patiently for the subx to kick it. It's not going to happen immediately, so try to be patient.
- DO NOT take benzos and subox together.

A half may hold you all day, or you may have to redose that evening. Don't keep redosing during the day, it's a waste, can increase WD symptims, and you need those strips.

You may still feel some WD symotoms...your nose may run a little, you may feel body pain, may be moody, just know this all fades away.

Day 2 you can dose a half or smaller, depends on how your body did on day 1. Taking a whole strip is a waste IMO, as you eat/drink during the day, it wears off. I was treated with suboxone my trip to rehab ... apart from the headaches, after 3 days, I felt normal/sober.

Thanks so I take half the strip aka 4 mgs, and it will last the whole day? I really appreciate the feedback and details of what I should do. I really appreciate it, thank you. So do I leave it under my tounge for an hour then swollow? OR do I spit it out after? Sounds like dropping a lsd blotter lol. Anyway So does subs actually get you "high" since it's an opoid from what you are saying? So you sure 4 mg will be enough? How long until I "feel" it, or is there not a feel to it? Thanks

^ Yes, just like LSD, but where LSD doesn't have a taste, the taste of bupe will haunt your dreams. Also - don't take more than 4mg - it's just a waste, it won't actually feel like it is 'holding' you, when you switch from heroin to bupe, you suffer for the first few days, doesn't matter if you take 4mg or 32mg - you'll still feel a bit shit, but I promise you, you feel a lot better than you would if you hadn't taken the bupe. So yeah, don't keep eating it all day, you'll go through all of what you have, for nothing.

How long until I "feel" it, or is there not a feel to it? Thanks

Given your habit, there's a very good chance you won't feel it, though you might, it varies. But suboxone will definitely get someone incredibly high, who has no tolerance to opiates. Someone without tolerance only needs a dose like 0.5mg to get high.

Were you shooting? I would imagine you were if you were doing it for 6 months straight, and if your getting sick in 2 to 4 hrs after a fix. I would imagine tolerance is going to play a big role in this. All I can say is decently try to taper with the subs if you can, and while tapering find your threshold, in other words while your doing the sub taper keep yourself mildly sick. The longer you drag the taper on the more time your brain and body have to let the extra opiod receptions you have made from using die off. Once all those extra receptors die off you usually have made it through the worst part. Regardless you are going to have to pay the piper because suboxone is a partial agonist and it still binds to your opiod receptors. Like I said though best way to do it is take the smallest peices you can handle, you want to feel kinda sick in a taper, if you don't feel sick your not healing.

if you got a full time job you prolly won't be able to do this or if your hiding your addiction from people you prolly could not do this but I would try to do a week taper or so and then check into a facility and at least do another week detox. Withdrawals are always milder when checked into a rehab facility, for me anyway. They give you comfort drugs, at least clonadiene or Librium.

Were you shooting? I would imagine you were if you were doing it for 6 months straight, and if your getting sick in 2 to 4 hrs after a fix. I would imagine tolerance is going to play a big role in this. All I can say is decently try to taper with the subs if you can, and while tapering find your threshold, in other words while your doing the sub taper keep yourself mildly sick. The longer you drag the taper on the more time your brain and body have to let the extra opiod receptions you have made from using die off. Once all those extra receptors die off you usually have made it through the worst part. Regardless you are going to have to pay the piper because suboxone is a partial agonist and it still binds to your opiod receptors. Like I said though best way to do it is take the smallest peices you can handle, you want to feel kinda sick in a taper, if you don't feel sick your not healing.

if you got a full time job you prolly won't be able to do this or if your hiding your addiction from people you prolly could not do this but I would try to do a week taper or so and then check into a facility and at least do another week detox. Withdrawals are always milder when checked into a rehab facility, for me anyway. They give you comfort drugs, at least clonadiene or Librium.

Bingo- although, I think you *can* do this with a full time job, and by can - I mean I've done it plenty. It's just fucking rough, but staying somewhat sick during a taper, whilst going to work, is brutal, but is part of the process.

You have plenty to do a taper. MAKE SURE YOU ARE IN WITHDRAWALS FOR 24 HOURS before you start it. It can make things worse if not, plus you will "feel" it at that point which you probably need psychologicaly right now. You can split you dosage into twice a day again for mostly mental reasons but it doesn't matter that much the half life is going to be at least 24 hours meaning in 24 hours half is still ACTIVE in your body.
You really need to get some clonodine it is a blood pressure med (don't confuse with klonopin!) it takes away chills, sweats, shaking, etc. Go to the dr. or ER and be honest about what's going on, you can't get "in trouble" for asking for help.
The worst will be over in a week if you taper down on the subox for 3 to 5 days. IME any longer than that on subox and you will have worse WD from that than any other opiate other than maybe methadone or fentanyl.
The taper should spare you some drama but you will probably be sick starting a few days after you end the taper so make your excuses for work in advance. Someone in your family is fighting for their life- don't have to say that it's you.
I am on day 12 of CT pain med detox, before I even stopped pooping and was still sick it felt great to have some self control back, and last night I slept a bit for the first time, so don't let the insomnia pull you back in if you get it...
GREAT JOB ! Get out now before it gets worse. Try NA, it can be helpful during those first few fragile months.

I'm sure this is too late. I hope you didn't just take it without waiting for the proper time. People say to just wait 24 hours, but that isn't always long enough depending on your usage and physiology. If you take Subs too soon after using opiates then you will go into terrible precipitated withdrawals. The proper way to induct suboxone is to score at least 25 on the COWS worksheet. After you are ready to induct, take 1mg to start and take another .5 every hour until you are stable. Then take that same amount the next day. You only have 24mg, so a rapid taper is required. You can't just take 4mg for 6 days and expect to not feel withdrawals. You are essentially postponing withdrawals for 6 days and will feel the wrath once the subs are out of your system. You need to get your hands on more IMO.

Here is a link to a tried and true taper plan for suboxone

Good luck

Bingo- although, I think you *can* do this with a full time job, and by can - I mean I've done it plenty. It's just fucking rough, but staying somewhat sick during a taper, whilst going to work, is brutal, but is part of the process.

My bad I suck at writing these posts. The part where I said he could not do it if he was working I ment that he couldn't do the in patient detox if he was working, unless he worked somewhere with a cool boss or a union. My bad

You have 24 mg of Subs, so you need to plan carefully. 1st. wait till your sick or feeling pretty shitty and then try 1 mg, wait about 30 minutes and see how you feel if you need more try .5 mg and wait and see. The object is to take as little as possible. The next day take same amount and then on 3rd day start to reduce. You can divide your doses to twice a day as it may make it more manageable. Try and set your taper over 7 days and finishing up at .5 mg a day for last few days. It will also help if you keep .5 mg in reserve and when you jump try and go 2-3 days with no Subs and then cut the .5 mg in half and take .125mg then skip around 3 days and take last .125 mg. The whole process will take about 12-14 days. You will not acquire an addiction to Subs and miss the harsh withdrawals. You still will not be 100% but you should be able to handle things with over the counter meds that you would take if you had the flu.
Remember this is the easy part, the hard part is not using again. It will seem easy when using the Subs and even when you get a few weeks under your belt and then the mind starts playing games. Usually first thought will be "I can use only once in a while" Try and start to involve in activities that do not remind you of using and stay the fuck away from those using, dump the numbers and just change your number. Force yourself to stay as busy as possible because inactivity and boredom will make it doubly hard. Finally, try and eat healthy as that plays a big part, start that diet as soon as possible even when doing Sub taper. You can do this, harder things have been overcome you just want to want it more than anything else.

Last edited:
Hello So I have been doing heroin for 6 months straight. I use everyday, all day. I have to use every 2- 4 hours or I start getting sick. When I wake up I am terribly sick too, and if I can't find any heroin the sickness is unbearable. It's hell :'(. Now I started heroin 6 months ago, and instantly it became a habit. I am trying to quit, but I'm so scared of withdrawals. I am planning on quitting heroin this week but I'm trying not to become sick during the process.

I heard suboxone help, so I picked up three 8m/2mg suboxones from a friend. These are all I could find. Now my question is can I take these to help with the withdrawals and sickness? Does suboxone help if you want to quit heroin? when I'm trying to quit heroin? I've never taken suboxone, nor do I have any knowledge on it. I just heard somewhere that it helps with heroin withdrawal. Should I be good with three 8 mg subs to quit heroin, or will I need more? How much do I take? I don't have any knowledge on suboxone, nor have I ever quit heroin before. I really need to quit though, as I have lost my source of making money, and it's just time to quit. Will three suboxone 8 mg be enough to get me through 3 days? How much do I take? Now these are suboxone strips. Could someone please tell me the steps to quit heroin using the three suboxons I have? What if I got some kratom too, would that help? I appreciate any feedback. I REALLY do. THANK YOU!

There is literally thousands of questions answering this same question or questions that are almost identical. Alas, here I go...

Yes of course it helps heroin withdrawal, it was designed to help it. You should wait as long as bearable and use the COWS scale(google it, note: there are 2 pages to it, some miss the 2nd and underrate their w/d level) to judge if you should take the Subs. you only have 3x-8 mg pills so I would wait as long as you can bear, and make sure its at least 12 hours (but try for 24). If you take it too soon you might become violently ill and possibly need to go to an ER it can be so bad. The longer you wait he better it will work and the less Sub you will need. I assume this is a Sub detox so do a rapid taper. Day 1 - 8 mg Day 2- 6 mg Day 3 - 4 mg -day 4 - 2 mg day 5 -1.5 mg day 6 - 1 mg day 7 .75 day 8 - .5 mg day 9 - .25 mg and stop. That is eactly 24 mg...how much sub you have.

BTW, if you are getting sick after only 2 hour you might be getting fentanyl, just a thought. Which the Sub will provide very little relief from the withdrawals of, but it doesn't provide a ton of relief for heroin w/d either until the 3rd or 4th day. With that taper schedule you will ease off and it shouldn't be too bad. You will not feel great throughout the taper and once off you will have a few days of feeling crappy as well. But after that you should be good. Day 1-3 might be rought, espially day 1, but it will be nothing in difficulty compared to cold trukey.

Hopefully you have strips so it is much easier to accurately dose the subs down to 1/2 mg or you will need to dissolve the pills in water and use (preferably)a 10 mL needle-less syringe to accurately dose a liquid solution of the Sub(you can google how to do that, too).

Everyone has definitely posted some good advice hopefully imo stuck to it and didn't go out and use because the sub didn't supply enough relief ...I just got an account on here and I'm curious on how to start a new thread or whatever it is I have a lot of questions I like to think I've been through enough to know a lot about opiates and withdrawal and what not but there's still a lot of questions I have and I'd like to talk to a few people with plenty of knowledge

There is literally thousands of questions answering this same question or questions that are almost identical. Alas, here I go...

Yes of course it helps heroin withdrawal, it was designed to help it. You should wait as long as bearable and use the COWS scale(google it, note: there are 2 pages to it, some miss the 2nd and underrate their w/d level) to judge if you should take the Subs. you only have 3x-8 mg pills so I would wait as long as you can bear, and make sure its at least 12 hours (but try for 24). If you take it too soon you might become violently ill and possibly need to go to an ER it can be so bad. The longer you wait he better it will work and the less Sub you will need. I assume this is a Sub detox so do a rapid taper. Day 1 - 8 mg Day 2- 6 mg Day 3 - 4 mg -day 4 - 2 mg day 5 -1.5 mg day 6 - 1 mg day 7 .75 day 8 - .5 mg day 9 - .25 mg and stop. That is eactly 24 mg...how much sub you have.

BTW, if you are getting sick after only 2 hour you might be getting fentanyl, just a thought. Which the Sub will provide very little relief from the withdrawals of, but it doesn't provide a ton of relief for heroin w/d either until the 3rd or 4th day. With that taper schedule you will ease off and it shouldn't be too bad. You will not feel great throughout the taper and once off you will have a few days of feeling crappy as well. But after that you should be good. Day 1-3 might be rought, espially day 1, but it will be nothing in difficulty compared to cold trukey.

Hopefully you have strips so it is much easier to accurately dose the subs down to 1/2 mg or you will need to dissolve the pills in water and use (preferably)a 10 mL needle-less syringe to accurately dose a liquid solution of the Sub(you can google how to do that, too).
I thought the same thing when I started reading this, about the fentanyl. Cuz two to four hours and getting sick, that's pretty quick.

I the OP is keeping up with this- from what I know of it, if he is getting even some fentanyl in what he buys it can lead to an OD easier than heroin alone.
How ya doin' buddy? Keep us posted, and I hope you haven't decided against quitting!

Hey thanks for the advice everyone! I really appreciate it, and have read every single comment throughly to get an idea of what I should do. I appreciate all the feedback, thanks guys! I just used for my last time, and I plan to wait 24 hours to use the suboxones (I'm hoping I can last that long). I was hoping suboxone would take away all the withdrawal symptoms but I'm now getting the idea that it doesn't. That's a bummer. I am terrified at the moment, to as what is about to come. I have no money, just these suboxones which I am depending on. The majority of people say take 4 mg the first day, and one advised 8 mg, then 4 mg. If I have a high tolerance to heroin, does suboxone work less? I have suboxone strips, it says to disolve it under my tounge. My question is do I just leave it in my tounge for hours then swallow or what? Is the strips worst then the pills? It says is 8mg / 2mg. What does that mean, does that mean it's 8mg or 2mg? I can take a photo of them if you guys need clarification. Anyway Can someone explain how bad the withdrawal symptons may be? So I will feel even worst after I stop taking the suboxone? Ugh I'm nervous right now, I have never tried to quit, nor have I ever take suboxone. I'm depending on it too. I hope for the best.

I'm not getting fentyal I know it's heroin. I just get withdrawls pretty quickly because I use a lot, like all day everyday. I don't get withdrawls in only 2 hours though, more like 5-10 hours. When I wake up from sleeping it's pretty bad. First thing I have to do is use. Anyway How long does it take to feel suboxone, how long does it take to be in effect? Also I'm just wondering what does taper mean? Everyone keeps using that word. Also the suboxone I have are strips. It says to dissolve it under your tounge. Interesting. So you sure 8 mg isn't a high enough dose? Most people are telling me 4 mg? So I can only take suboxone once a day? So it lasts 24 hours? Have you ever quit using suboxones? How's the withdrawls? Like what should I expect from your experience. I'm terrified right now at what's about to come. I already used for the last time. I am just waiting for the storm. I'm hoping it won't be as bad as I think :/

dude - don't do more than 2mg at a time at first - and then 1mg, and then .5mg

I had 3 strips, I ate the first withiin 2-3 days but then by the 3rd- I had cut it up into 32 pieces .25mg each and woould eat 2 at a time

you could concivably have 30-40 doses for your taper

The reason everyone is telling you to use as little as you can to keep yourself comfortable is because you only have 3X 8mg strips. If you can stay comfortable on 4 mg... guess what? That is six days of medicine... If you can stay comfortable on 2 mg... that is 12 days of meds! The lower the dose the more days of feeling good you will have, AND the lower the dose the easier it will be to come off of when you have to stop taking it. But if you have all this money to afford an all day everyday dope habbit just go to a suboxone doctor and do a long term tapper. Mine is either going to be a two year tapper, or a lifetime maintenance. Because I will find a way to relapse if I don't stay on the medication.