• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Benzos Help getting off phenibut

flack219

Greenlighter
Okay, so I'm wanting to come off phenibut before it becomes almost impossible to get, I've used it daily for 5 years now and the withdrawal is horrible when I try to stop, what can help with the withdrawal. I can't take any of the antihistamines like benadryl or phenagen, or doxyline(or whatever it's called, the unisom stuff) nor things like seroquel or anything that has those particular effects on dopamine it gives me RLS but over my whole body it's worse than the withdrawal itself. No access to benzos and have bad reactions to DXM can't even take a normal amount for a cough. I'm also on suboxone for 4 years and drink daily.

Hello,

Been there done that. I know how awful they can be. Worse than benzo withdrawals at best and can induce more psychotic feelings and very much fear and panic. Also I went through allmost two weeks without sleeping at all. Mind went so overdrive manic that I eventually made mistake and thought ego was God and was put in hospital.

I have withdrawn multiple times from benzos, phenibut, pregabalin and opioids.

What will help the best with phenibut withdrawals is Baclofen. That is the best of the best. Baclofen and clonazepam together or baclofen and pregabalin together will eliminate withdrawals 100%.

I used phenibut at the most 10-20g daily for months or even years and for that dose of phenibut the needed baclofen dose to eliminate withdrawals was 200-250mg/d. If you have used 5g/d I am quite sure you will eliminate most if not all withdrawals with 50-100mg baclofen per day. If not, then 150-200mg. And then add some valium or clonazepam or pregabalin if needed and you will be totally fine. Baclofen is easier to taper off gradually.

Baclofen could also get you off of alcohol but you may need to use then doses of up to 400mg/d if you try to simultaneously quit alcohol and phenibut. Baclofen is gaba-b agonist like phenibut but is about 50-100x stronger. So you can quite precisely calculate the equivalent dose of baclofen by dividing daily phenibut dose by 100. So 5000mg daily phenibut can be treated with 50-100mg baclofen and 10g phenibut with 100-200mg.

Phenibut acts stronger for voltage dependent calcium channels than baclofen but IMO you don't necessarily need any pregabalin or gabapentin if you use high enough dose of baclofen. Baclofen actually also has som3 effect on calcium channels but weaker. Phenibut also boosts effects of opioids but baclofen actually inhibits and acts as an antiaddiction substance by inhibiting dopaminergic neurons by being more pure and stronger gaba-b agonist. Phenibut has also other mechanisms like with higher dose can effect also gaba-a system and acts like pregabalin and boosts also dopamine. So with baclofen some opioid high maybe inhibited but that will not propably bother you but could be the opposite.

So pregabalin and gabapentin will also help with withdrawals. Baclofen would be #1, then pregabalin&gabapentin #2. Benzos #3 and benzos you would need very high doses like 100mg diazepam. But if you combine pregabalin/gabapentin and benzos then the dose can be reduced but I suggest you go with baclofen as benzos do not do much for gaba-b withdrawals as they are gaba-a modulators.