View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help clarify something about Psilocybin use

tacodude

Bluelighter
So I was trying to figure out what 0.2 mg of cubensis would be in Psilocybin/psilocin, but the best I could figure is 6% dry weight. That makes no sense though as then an eighth of mushrooms would be ≈200 mg Psilocybin unless I'm missing something here? It make no sense as 10-20 mg 4-aco-dmt is enough and in tihkal 15 mg was the most 4-ho-dmt oral dose commented on. I'm assuming ≈200 mg is way too much Psilocybin/psilocin/psilacetin.... So someone help me figure out what I'm missing

I've always estimated at around 1% of dry weight, I compare 25 mg 4-aco-dmt to 2.5 grams of shrooms so it seems like an appropriate ratio. Obviously there is some variability in mushroom varieties and what portion of the mushroom you're consuming

I think you want to know what 0.2 g is in mg of psilocin, I would say 2mg. .2 mg would be equivalent to 2ug I think lol

So I was trying to figure out what 0.2 mg of cubensis would be in Psilocybin/psilocin, but the best I could figure is 6% dry weight. That makes no sense though as then an eighth of mushrooms would be ≈200 mg Psilocybin unless I'm missing something here? It make no sense as 10-20 mg 4-aco-dmt is enough and in tihkal 15 mg was the most 4-ho-dmt oral dose commented on. I'm assuming ≈200 mg is way too much Psilocybin/psilocin/psilacetin.... So someone help me figure out what I'm missing

It's .6%, ("POINT-SIX percent"), not 6%, although there is of course a lot of variance depending on the strain, the climate, the soil...

https://erowid.org/ask/ask.php?ID=3173

Aaaaah I just realized my mistake I'm being stupid... I forgot to change 0.6 into 0.006 when trying to figure out the weight and now I'm getting 21 mg for an eighth so now it's making as lot more sense.