• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Help / Advice Tapering From Oxy

SHIT, I misread the word tianeptine for a totally different opioid substance. From the little research I just did, it sounds like it may help. If you can get on it and work with a doctor, it sounds like something worth trying. Ultimately it will only help so much, but the more help with this stuff the better.

At the end of the day though, recovery tends to ultimately depend on developing healthier habits - there is no magic pill that will do this all for us. But, as you may find in this medication, every little bit helpful in giving us a little bit more of a stable foundation that developing healthy habits requires, one which don't limit us only relying on whatever substance or DOC to regulating our moods.

Honestly, I think the best thing for me is to keep it simple. Eat healthy, exercise and taper slowly. It's sort of like dieting...crash diets rarely work by taking a miracle supplement. Those who lose the weight and keep it off are the ones who commit to taking it slow.

YES!!! Very insightful of you.

Keep up the great work - you definitely know what you're doing with this :)

And here the link to OD's tianeptine megathread (with the terms "tianeptine+opioid+withdrawal" highlighted for your reading pleasure): http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...ead-v1?highlight=tianeptine+opioid+withdrawal

May be helpful, just be careful using the stuff. It seems part of my memory was working when I was thinking of it in terms of possible opioid effects (which it does seem to have). Dependence, while I doubt nearly as much an issue with classic full agonist opioids, does seem like a possibility, though I doubt a month of use would lead to anything problematic.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honestly, I think the best thing for me is to keep it simple. Eat healthy, exercise and taper slowly. It's sort of like dieting...crash diets rarely work by taking a miracle supplement. Those who lose the weight and keep it off are the ones who commit to taking it slow.

So far, it's been 3 days and I feel fine and I'm happy not to push the boundaries too much!

How are you feeling Nyc? I think its pretty awesome the way you choose to deal with it. No crash diet, no crash tapering! Thats good. Sending you good vibes! You can do it!

Thanks!! Thinking about it the right way is helping me a ton - it's taking a lot of the stress out of it. I think a lot of people, myself included, psych themselves out, over complicate the process and make it harder on themselves I felt this way starting the taper but I was able to get myself in a better place mentally. Don't get me wrong, it's not fun but I realized my own attitude was defeating myself before even starting

That being said, I've taken 2 steps down (the initial start and another 20ish% a few days later). Someone on this thread made the point not to beat myself up over it, and I think they are right. It is what it is and it has to be done, so I have chosen to embrace it rather than fight it. The taper is getting harder as the days pass...because I've been taking ER, so the taper drops are taking longer to set in. However, I think the ER makes tapering easier because it's more gradual.

I've been trying to wait on my dose until I start to feel the first signs of WD...which allows me to realize how badly I want to avoid CT. It also make me realize that I'm moving in the right direction. I'm sure it will get worse, but I'm in a better position to handle that now. Please keep the advice coming and I'll be sure to update everyone along the way.

Not sure if anyone is still following this but I've been following my plan, reducing by ~20% every few days and I've made a ton of progress. The biggest help has come from exercising, which seems almost impossible to motivate for, but makes a big difference once I get myself moving.

I'm down to a manageable level, but it seems the last taper drop has been harder than the first 2. It's definitely harder as the dosage gets lower. I plan to slow down the days between taper drops to see if that helps.

Not sure if anyone is still following this but I've been following my plan, reducing by ~20% every few days and I've made a ton of progress. The biggest help has come from exercising, which seems almost impossible to motivate for, but makes a big difference once I get myself moving.

I'm down to a manageable level, but it seems the last taper drop has been harder than the first 2. It's definitely harder as the dosage gets lower. I plan to slow down the days between taper drops to see if that helps.

NYC, i tapered from doses as high as you its doable i was on oxy everyday for over 20 years and im 63 days clean and never going back! You are right about exercising i lifted weights and exercised all the way thru my taper. My thread might help you i tapered long and in the end it worked with the right comfort meds and tapering wds were not that bad. http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...o-get-off-for-good-please-help-have-questions

@ The Last Dose, thank you for your help. I will certainly read your post.

Going into the weekend is tough. I have 4 little kids, so I will be busy and consumed, but at the same time I'm not able to check out if I'm not feeling great. I can't avoid running around, trying to be super dad...but maybe that's a good thing.

Appreciate all thoughts and comments. Knowing that others are out there that have gone through similar experience and are checking in on me is certainly motivating.

your welcome NYC, i weened very slow its not for everybody but in the end it was worth it wds were not that bad i would do the same plan again! good luck