• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Hello some open-minded upstanding citizens' input and intellect would be nice.

benzolonely

Greenlighter
Amphetamine abuse is really crazy. Totally schizoprenic and paranoid.8( Of course the normal path in which it takes varies. 10 years to be on quality crys=D
is just really taking a toll on brain and total and how one perceives life. don't necessarily want to get into NA or other kinds of groups as to where the idea of using chems in one's daily life may actually improve it ten-fold.:\ It only seems that with amphetamines the process in which dying comes is delayed and torturous. I also feel that " ampehtamine abuse, " in the long-term will commit in haunting only ppl with very particular dynamics
i could however be wrong:?

msg me to discuss

<snip>

Last edited by a moderator:
Dude... Reading your post really made me sad... You really should get some help. I went through the meth hell in the 80's. Still have nightmares about it to this day... Get help before your mind becomes a distant memory.

Thank you for the gesture of kindness...A lot of swimmers LOVE meth. And since I'm gay, I really get into the PLSURE part of it. but yeah, ten years is a long time to be addicted to street meth. I wonder where the Dexedrines are???

What is it that you're looking for? It sounds like you're tired of the drugs and lifestyle, yet also don't want to give either of them up. You said you aren't interested in NA or other support groups - what about a therapist? Do you have any support in your life - family, friends, etc.?

Dextox in a medical facility. Have them help to arrange After-Care.

That's my advice.
Take care.

^if you go that route be careful to vet the facility first. More detox units and rehab detoxes don't offer the kind of support (or aftercare) more people need, and tend to leave to suffer through withdrawal more than is necessary and then hang them out to dry.

If you have medical/mental health going on a faulty specific to that would probably be preferable. But if it can be done safely at home with the help of a doctor and others, that is preferably in most ways IMO (assuming life at home isn't too unsupportive or otherwise fucked up).

Luckily with methamp/amp withdrawal it's mostly about sleeping and managing depression/malaise. That can be handled pretty effective in almost any setting as long as you are given the chance to rest as much as you please and proper nutrition.

As Runningfox did point out, some kind of effective aftercare is essential. But that can be anything one finds nourishing, whether it's specifically addiction/recovery oriented or not.

Just so everyone knows I'm much better. thank you all for your advice. benzodiazapines, dilaudids brought a new sigh of relief into my life.

Thank you for the gesture of kindness...A lot of swimmers LOVE meth. And since I'm gay, I really get into the PLSURE part of it. but yeah, ten years is a long time to be addicted to street meth. I wonder where the Dexedrines are???
seriously though where are the dexis and addys now-a-days.

Benzo!

Hey. Glad you're doing better. But, trust me, Dilaudid and Benzos bring on misery too.

Like alot of misery. I'm sure you've read through alot of the SL threads. Many of us are trying, day by day, to get our lives together or back, after abusing opiates. And Benzos. Which are an entirely different animal.

I'm sure others, with extensive benzo experience will be here to share their sometimes terrifying, experiences w benzos. Have you educated yourself regarding opiate and benzodiazipine abuse and withdrawal?

I say this because, if at all possible, I'd like to spare someone of the soul-crushing pain and suffering these substances bring when abused.

Please share where you are w everything in your life right now. Are you being rhetorical asking where the dexies and addys are? Hope you're having a good day. And thank you for updating! :)

here in my car swimming in a sea of pharmaceuticals. Revived from desperation. A breakdown of a wall between sanity and insanity. I guess the imbalance in my brain really affected my overall perspective on life. It's good to be back to my old self.

Last edited:
^if you go that route be careful to vet the facility first. More detox units and rehab detoxes don't offer the kind of support (or aftercare) more people need, and tend to leave to suffer through withdrawal more than is necessary and then hang them out to dry.

If you have medical/mental health going on a faulty specific to that would probably be preferable. But if it can be done safely at home with the help of a doctor and others, that is preferably in most ways IMO (assuming life at home isn't too unsupportive or otherwise fucked up).

Luckily with methamp/amp withdrawal it's mostly about sleeping and managing depression/malaise. That can be handled pretty effective in almost any setting as long as you are given the chance to rest as much as you please and proper nutrition.

As Runningfox did point out, some kind of effective aftercare is essential. But that can be anything one finds nourishing, whether it's specifically addiction/recovery oriented or not.

So true especially for benzo withdrawal.

Your post made me almost jealous Benzo lol. Almost. But, I know all too well the suffering attached.

Between my husband and myself, we had a small pharmacy after we'd get our scripts filled. We had fentynal, morphine, Valium, Temazepam, Fioricet and Xanax. And alot of it. It still wasn't enough.

I remember those days. After one of got our scripts filled. It was the best day!! When the meds kick in on the ride home - nothing like it.
All was right with the world. Until we ran out of everything, including money, in a week. Then, not so fun. And waiting until the next script. Alot of depression and anxiety involved. Along with severe physical withdrawal. Taking very high doses of loperamide to get to Drs appts.

Mental health is a huge part of it. I didn't ever feel ok if I wasn't on something. Getting on meds helped some. Be well Benzo. ❤️