• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Recruitment Healthy Living Moderator Recruitment May 2015

Status
Not open for further replies.

SKL

Bluelight Crew

[COLOR="#e925302"]It's time again. We are searching for one or
perhaps two new moderators for our Healthy Living forum.

(I am the Senior Moderator responsible for this forum, and will be involved in the recruitment process.
You may or may not know me especially as I am not the most frequent contributor to this forum.
Among other things, as your new SMod I look forward to getting to know your regulars and your community better.
)
[/COLOR]​

The Mod-Up Process...

I would encourage anyone who is interested in this community and stepping up and taking a larger role to apply for moderatorship. This is forum is low maintenance, low drama, relatively slow moving if you are concerned about the workload. If you are new to staff you will always have the help from Senior Staff and your peers. If you feel a part of this forum as a community, more than just somewhere where you casually post and read posts, I'd welcome your responses.

Please PM them to myself, SKL cc'ing GrymReefer. For the moment we will set an application deadline of June 1st, 2016 which might may possibly be extended.

1. How long have you been on Bluelight? What other forum(s) do you frequent? What can you say generally about our community and it's impact on your life?

2. Your approximate age and location, and how long and during what hours you will generally be available to moderate.

3. Please describe at least generally your history and current relationship with recreational drugs.

4a. (Optional.) Do you have professional qualifications in medicine or a related field? (Please note if so that you are NOT under any circumstances to dispense medical advice on Bluelight as this could endanger both your license, our community, and the person being advised. Personally I am purposefully vague about my credentials and usually post a disclaimer when discussing medical issues. I suggest that all do the same.) This will be kept confidential and you may decline to answer if you so wish.

4b. Do you have experience with individual holistic healthy living issues such as dieting, exercise, yoga, and the like? Have any of them impacted you, or how would you recommend such measures to others?

5. Where do you see the Healthy Living forum fitting in as part of Bluelight as a general community?

6. We are a low traffic forum but there is a lot of good quality content here. How do you think we could improve our forum and attract more quality traffic, without inviting in unwanted traffic?

7. Are you comfortable enforcing all rules of the BLUA and the guidelines specific to HL? Do any of them concern you, or do you have any ideas for rules or guidelines that should be added?

8. What do you specifically believe that you can contribute to HL and Bluelight in general, and why would you make a good candidate over others?

9. Extra Credit (Optional.) Case study: I am a male between 30 and 40 with chronic back pain due to work related injuries. At 6'2" I am on the edge of the obese range at 265 pounds. I smoke anywhere from between one or two to a pack of cigarettes due to stress. I drink at least a pint of hard liquor a night to fall asleep. Lately I have been trying to make it a habit to eat fewer calories and especially fewer "empty calories" and fruits/vegetables. I recently quit heroin in favor of Suboxone, together with Clonidine and Neurontin to help me off heroin and hopefully take the edge off my alcohol issues, besides which already take medications for anxiety and depression, muscle relaxants, vitamins. I also take injections of testosterone cypionate for low testosterone secondary to years of opiate abuse. What lifestyle changes would you recommend for me, other than the obvious; or, expound upon the obvious (stop drinking/smoking, exercise better) in more detail; or, what questions would you like to ask me that you think would help you in helping me help myself?

You may be brief or as detailed as you like. Applicants will be judged on the basis of their applications as well as their overall conduct on Bluelight which includes the quality of your post in general, especially in this subforum, any history of disruptive behavior/infractions, proper use of the "report" button when appropriate, etc.

Thanks and good luck. Looking forward to working with eventual new colleague.

Any discussion goes here. Please do not post your application publicly, simply PM the listed users and myself.

Last edited:
Deadline has closed; expect an announcement regarding your new moderators in the near future.

Status
Not open for further replies.