• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Heal benifits to being vegetarian?

delta9 normality is based on equalibrium. so if you manage to combine moderation from both worlds, it is viewed as normal. if you just overdose on plant food.... i dunno pal im just stating facts not judging.

I'd like to know exactly how I 'overdose' on plant foods. Please, enlighten me. I posted a small example of a typical day's worth of food for me in the 'vitamins 2011' thread. Please look it over if you have time of course, and fill me in on exactly what I'm doing wrong here.
Many thanks, d_9 :)

Also, see 'Dictionary' ; Section 'N' ; Word 'Normal' as there seems to be some confusion on your part here as well.

what i see is too much food you have in a typical day (low in calories dont meant you dont eat too much). so you think you eat moderately ? then thats fine but the initial reason i post this was so you dont encourage others to do as you do because they might feel better with completely different food plan

acesin said:
what i see is too much food you have in a typical day (low in calories dont meant you dont eat too much). so you think you eat moderately ? then thats fine but the initial reason i post this was so you dont encourage others to do as you do because they might feel better with completely different food plan
Strange, that sounds something like this
delta_9 said:
Wow, you really need to bone up on your nutritional science. A vegetarian diet, when done properly(and yes there is plenty of debate going on as to what is 'proper', however I do not believe there is a 'one size fits all' diet, I believe it is highly variable), is just plain healthier than a diet with animal proteins. As I said before*, animal compounds speed up the aging process and promote disease. This isn't rambling, it's science. See 'The China Study' if you are at all confused about this.

*Once to be exact. Not sure where this 'constant rambling' is coming from...

All you've done in 2 seperate threads is bash on vegetarians(actually no, you bash on me), not provide a single source backing up your claims or a single source refuting my own.

Last edited:
because you dont care to listen. you always highlight only one part of what i say to you and take it out of context and argue against it.

asecin, please, if you don't have anything nice constructive to say, please don't say anything at all.

asecin, I also suggest you check out this publication by the USDA (*gasp* the US government says vegetarian diets can be healthy?! Oh my.). May help you a little bit.

tnx man for this old 2008 bias publication by the USDA. the same organization i never trust for my food's safety since they constantly allow problems to happen in our food supply. either notify a bit too late or, sometimes depending on the money they are paid by big corporations, not even bother to check safety and notify at all.
does your favorite USDA also state that if you moderate your food based on meat and plant food, you will still be healthy ? not specifically it seems they concentrate on plant food only thus boosting potential and support for bigger market in GMO agriculture.

anyway on your comment about me not being constructive, wrong. if i was just replying to troll as people think, ill say few insults and part. i actually care enough to waste time and try to help people here.

Last edited:
tnx man for this old 2008 bias publication by the USDA. the same organization i never trust for my food's safety since they constantly allow problems to happen in our food supply. either notify a bit too late or, sometimes depending on the money they are paid by big corporations, not even bother to check safety and notify at all.
does your favorite USDA also state that if you moderate your food based on meat and plant food, you will still be healthy ? not specifically it seems they concentrate on plant food only thus boosting potential and support for bigger market in GMO agriculture.

anyway on your comment about me not being constructive, wrong. if i was just replying to troll as people think, ill say few insults and part. i actually care enough to waste time and try to help people here.

Are you shitting me? The USDA is meatmeatmeatmeatmeatmeatsomesoymeatmeatmeatmeat! Oy, I give up.

Tried to save this thread from the shitter. Anyone else wanna try?

thats why i said this yes:
"it seems they concentrate on plant food only thus boosting potential and support for bigger market in GMO agriculture. "

but lemme clarify, they only concentrate supporting vegetables praising them so they find way to make more profit from them especially adding the GMO part to it (which is unavoidable in the coming years).

if people knew how to moderately eat, either plant or meat based food, we wouldnt have shortage of food supply this way avoiding horribly corrupt agriculture productions and tons of horrible meat that makes people go vegetarians.
truth is, if any of those american vegetarians ever had true, pure, organic, either wild or farmed meat, they will never go back to plant food. but since they were born in a developed industrialized country like usa, i cant say its not a smart choice to try and avoid most meat if not all.

^You seem to be ignoring the fact that most vegetarians are vegetarians for moral, not health reasons.

And it's pretty easy to maintain a quite healthy vegetarian diet. One can definitely maintain equal if not better health with a vegetarian diet then they can with an omnivorous diet. And I think a balanced vegetarian diet, even if not perfectly healthy, is much healthier then the typical American diet.

I've eaten true, pure, organic, wild and farmed meat and I choose to maintain a vegetarian diet because I think that eating meat is morally wrong. And I also maintain good health.

Protein and Vitamen D are two things vegetarians often a deficient in, I like nuts, beans, yogurt, and cheese to boost protein, as well as tofu and some vegetarian meat substitutes (I don't like most of them, but there are good veggie dogs and stuff on the market). Vitamen D I take in pill form, although D3 must be avoided. I also take vegetarian fish oil.

In terms of snacks/small meals, as I mentioned above veggie dogs and yogurt are easy and have a lot of protein, I also like to cook a big pot of beans or lentils that I can eat from for a few days. Grilled cheese sandwichs (beware rennet, an ingredient in cheese made from the stomach lining of a newborn calf), fruit, pita bread and hummus are also good quick snacks.

You seem to really dislike vegetarians for some reason, there's no need to be so hostile. Also I'm going to say preemptively that I'm not going to argue with you, I don't see the point and would just rather not.

The problem with being a vegetarian for moral reasons is that you are still supporting the very same thing that meat eaters are supporting: immoral living conditions for the animals. Unless your milk products and whatnot come from farms where they take care of the animals, you're morally on the same page as someone who eats regular meat. Our teeth prove that we are meant to eat meat, but to what extent is open to debate. As a meat eater, I try not to eat more meat than my body needs (which is actually sort of a lot cause I'm a body builder), I eat free range eggs, and when I can, drink milk and eat meat from the more moral sources available as often as I am able.

lol at "vegetables are bad for you" or whatever. that is complete garbage and hardly worth responding to. Hey guy, try doing a simple search on "dietary fiber".

^ mehm fiber is something that you can get from a lot more sources than just vegetables. also i never supported just one based diet. vegetarians do tho thinking they are special. and yes, the fundamental philosophy of life is, anything in access is bad and your magical vegetables can be too.

psychomimetic, thats what see vegetarians say too. thats its based on "morals" (which i dont get whats morally wrong getting much needed energy from another energy for survival) but then i think, you do waste a lot of the plant food produced. vegetarians are responsible for killing plants (especially in such high portions that they use chemicals to make as much as possible) so much leaving a lot of people hungry in fact. it seems in usa and other "developed" countries they can make much more food for everyone based on meat rather than grow more and more crops spraying them with chemicals to grow faster and harder and prevent them from dying from diseases. that is very morally wrong i think !
i was reading stats that in usa more and more people are becoming vegetarians.i have to find again but it was long time ago. also stats on more and more business in growing plant food. especially when vegetarians have to eat megadoses of plants to feel ok and get nutrients they need to lets say a steak of meat. so that means wasting more plant food logicaly not only for humans, but to feed the animals. they start making genetically modified foods just for this reason. huge demand ! also im sure the more animals are killed the less competition vegetarians have in someone eating their food. that sounds bad.... nevermind this. point is, its still moraly wrong what you guys do !

Last edited:
nodeja: I want to tell you that I find your journey through nutrition to be incredibly interesting and inspiring

Also, you might want to consider a small indoor greens grow so you don't have to buy so much at the store. It would only take a few fluorescent lights, a cardboard box, and some planters. You could move it outside once it warms up. Just a thought

Thanks. :) It's a constant work in progress. And that is a very good idea!

or better yet she can lower her consumption of what you kids now days refer to as "greens". too much of anything bad for you, i cant seem to understand why vegetarians think they are so superior that they can say the phrase "too much of anything is bad for you" to anyone who is not vegetarian but not look at themselves and consider their lifestyle.

Too much of anything is bad for you. That is why I eat a variety of foods. And um.. what "we kids" refer to as "greens"? What else are they supposed to be called? lol