View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

HD Vision

spacetimed

Greenlighter
After taking 230μg of LSD swim immediately noticed vision enhancements the next day and still to this day. Swim can see all the branches of the trees (winter no leaves yet) and can see birds flapping their wings far far away. Swim also experiences psychedelic colors in place of normal after image colors (one solid color before) Ex: looking at a light source then away. Swim can now see a beauty in the world that was not seen before. He can sit and stair outside for an elapsed period of time just "enjoying" the beauty of life.

Swim has tripped five times now over the span of 2 months, he wonders if this is the beginning of HPPD or just normal after effects of hallucinogens.

I have experienced this before. Up to a few months and maybe even longer after taking acid your vision seems to mildly change. For me things could suddenly look a little more fine tuned, and have a little bit of an underlying sheen color to them.

The same thing happened when I first started smoking weed. Since the first time I smoked weed my vision has forever been effected. It's as if your eyes have been introduced into a new perspective that is comfortable and it sticks to it.

What's more is that when I do "third eye meditations" my vision gets so changed! Like psychedelic vision ahhaha. It's probably cause DMT gets released. Shit can be a little trippy at sometime tahaha but I don't mind.

"Did it just get brighter in here?" is a frequent question I ask myself on the comeup of psychedelics. My "hd vision" last for about 2-3 days after a trip but it always subsides. I don't think it's the beginning of HPPD, it's more than likely just an afterglow.

Mckenna talked of "visual acuity" on psychedelics, when you take shrooms in small enough amounts, the only known effects are improvement in vision and neurogenesis. Some tribal humans would even take psychedelics because they believed it would improve their ability to hunt. I experience this to an extreme on mescaline. I could see the hairs on a leaf a half a block away when I'm tripping on cactus. It also allows me to see very well in the dark.