• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opioids Have you ever felt like you found THE antidote for your withdrawal?

Opana313

Bluelighter
Hey guys have you ever had any kind of comfort med(s) or substance that blew your opioid withdrawal out of the water and felt like you found the KEY or ultimate antidote?

In the past for me it was like oh shit Kratom and imodium or imodium and psuedoephedrine.

Right now for me it seems to be adderall low dose once in the morning followed by Kratom or imodium and then 2-4mg klonopin in the afternoon to kill any comedown jitters and also helps muscles relax/RLS followed by bud in the evening...

I know most of this is mental placebo shit or if it is working, eventually it fails or my own self fails, ready to "relapse" even though I usually do these things just because I have to jump until next paycheck or when plug back in stock.

Something about stimulants definitely fucking help get you to and through your work day while in withdrawal, although I know it usually makes physical side effects worse sometimes hence why I need the benzo and weed.

Hey guys have you ever had any kind of comfort med(s) or substance that blew your opioid withdrawal out of the water and felt like you found the KEY or ultimate antidote?

In the past for me it was like oh shit Kratom and imodium or imodium and psuedoephedrine.

Right now for me it seems to be adderall low dose once in the morning followed by Kratom or imodium and then 2-4mg klonopin in the afternoon to kill any comedown jitters and also helps muscles relax/RLS followed by bud in the evening...

I know most of this is mental placebo shit or if it is working, eventually it fails or my own self fails, ready to "relapse" even though I usually do these things just because I have to jump until next paycheck or when plug back in stock.

Something about stimulants definitely fucking help get you to and through your work day while in withdrawal, although I know it usually makes physical side effects worse sometimes hence why I need the benzo and weed.
Well those aren't really comfort meds ya know... Lol. Kratom is an opiate tho it's only a partial agonist. But I do agree that stimulants do help with opiate withdrawal. And I would say a mixture of Clonazepam, weed, and Imodium is the ultimate combination! To me it eliminates about 90% of the withdrawal feelings.

Pregablin helps me massive with opiate withdrawal

Never done opioids and never been in withdrawal but I’ve heard many say pregabalin works miracles. I think pregabalin works so well for the withdrawals of many drug classes because of its unique mechanism of action, targeting certain neuronal calcium channels, thus temporarily bypassing The homeostatic changes that led to tolerance and dependence.
However, if you’re going to use it for that purpose, my advice would be stick to the lowest possible doses and use sparingly. once you develop tolerance to pregabalin, it will no longer work as intended, plus you may have to deal with pregabalin withdrawals which are apparently horrific.

i’ve seen a few posts on Bl regarding the beneficial effects of amphetamine on opioid withdrawal. at first, it didn’t make sense to me but now I think there could be a potential mechanism. amphetamines dopaminergic enhancement affects, especially in the nucleus accumbens can reverse the Anhadonia experienced in opioid withdrawal. this then makes dealing with the physical symptoms much easier, even though the adrenergic qualities of amphetamine could be making the physical symptoms worse.

i’ve seen a few posts on Bl regarding the beneficial effects of amphetamine on opioid withdrawal. at first, it didn’t make sense to me but now I think there could be a potential mechanism. amphetamines dopaminergic enhancement affects, especially in the nucleus accumbens can reverse the Anhadonia experienced in opioid withdrawal. this then makes dealing with the physical symptoms much easier, even though the adrenergic qualities of amphetamine could be making the physical symptoms worse.
This s perfect thank you.
I used to dodge addy when in withdrawal but yes I believe the dopamine from it plays the biggest role in..idk to keep pushing forward? Although terribly slippery because yes the diuretic effect along with the shit come down makes one actually WANT that pain killer or even better a benzo, since in my experience, addy can outweigh the opioid which either spoils the euphoric effects from the pain killer or just doesn't really work if you are trying to pull off a sort of speedball seems very much a waste.

But yeah I started this thread bc there are times where I'm starting day 1 of WD and I might feel like "oh damn, today's not that bad at all thanks to said substance here as an aid, or maybe a ticket OUT."
I know that your mentality is everything too, if you do not dwell but instead being positive can also show that this WD is not as bad as you may have expected..I just seem to run into this scenario every now and again where I'm like fuxk yes I found a trick that works for me.

Yet here I am still goin round..

Before you play around with Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone it is ESSENTIAL you read this post https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/ul...tolerance-to-opioids-low.914985/post-15823696
This s perfect thank you.
I used to dodge addy when in withdrawal but yes I believe the dopamine from it plays the biggest role in..idk to keep pushing forward? Although terribly slippery because yes the diuretic effect along with the shit come down makes one actually WANT that pain killer or even better a benzo, since in my experience, addy can outweigh the opioid which either spoils the euphoric effects from the pain killer or just doesn't really work if you are trying to pull off a sort of speedball seems very much a waste.

But yeah I started this thread bc there are times where I'm starting day 1 of WD and I might feel like "oh damn, today's not that bad at all thanks to said substance here as an aid, or maybe a ticket OUT."
I know that your mentality is everything too, if you do not dwell but instead being positive can also show that this WD is not as bad as you may have expected..I just seem to run into this scenario every now and again where I'm like fuxk yes I found a trick that works for me.

Yet here I am still goin round..

Before you play around with Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone it is ESSENTIAL you read this post https://bluelight.org/xf/threads/ul...tolerance-to-opioids-low.914985/post-15823696

⁠"Here is an excellent study by the biochemist Jonathan Ott who found out that Ultra Low Dose Naltrexone can effectively prevent or lessen the impact of wds.https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/16681181/
Obviation of opioid withdrawal syndrome by concomitant administration of naltrexone in microgram doses: two psychonautic bioassays - PubMed
personally vouch for the validity of his claims, because while I was in switzerland I ran out of dope and was mentally preparing myself to go through hell for the next couple days, but surprisingly I felt just very mild discomfort (a bit of sweating and the chills combined with insomnia) and light depression for 36h and then went into PAWS until today.
This can only be due to my daily ULDN consumption and the constant upregulation of my opioid receptors.
>>Two psychonautic bioassays (self-experiments) in stepwise and abrupt cessation of long-term daily oral ingestion habits of 800 mg of codeine phosphate are presented. Concomitant administration of minute doses (about 0.5 mcg) of the opioid antagonist naltrexone with each dose of codeine was found in both cases to obviate the expected opioid withdrawal syndrome, resulting in asymptomatic and uneventful transitions from physical opioid dependency states to exogenous opioid-free metabolism. These experiments are analyzed in the context of a conjectured, rapid, iterative reduction and complete elimination of opioid tolerance, once acquired. It was found that coadministration of naltrexone with codeine phosphate obviated the development of both tolerance and physical dependency over several months of four daily oral doses of 200 mg, allowing abrupt ("cold turkey"), asymptomatic and uneventful withdrawal. This points the way to the biochemical substrate of opioid tolerance itself, and shows that this can easily and inexpensively be blocked, even over months of iterative oral administration of substantial doses of opioid analgesics. Finally, it suggests the opioid withdrawal syndrome is directly related to the physiology of opioid tolerance, and can be prevented by blocking tolerance itself. Even when tolerance has been acquired, this can be reduced stepwise over a matter of days, with no symptoms of opioid withdrawal syndrome.
<<My wd didn't completely disappear, but they were lessened by like 90%. It was like a bad case of flu and felt like a walk in the park. No panic attacks, no vomiting, shitting all over the place, no nightmares (you'll have insomnia though). Unfortunately you will still end up with PAWS as I experienced.This substance is truly a wonder drug guys. I can't explain how thankful I am to have discovered all the off-label uses that naltrexone has for an opioid addict. I mean think about it: reduction of tolerance, obviation of cold turkey, the potential to resensitize the receptors to feel euphoria again. What more does a junky's heart want? Forget about Pregabalin guys and get yourself a naltrexone script!"

Very very useful info^^^ I was informed of ULDN by a fellow BL'r and it does seem the most effective way.
I actually stocked up on some from a good friend who used to have an alcohol problem, I really can not wait to give this a try as it does seem to be the actual key to free ourselves from addiction.
thank you for this and the links..you know damn well there are others out there just lurking and this information is a gold mine for someone trying to break the chains of opioid/opiate addiction.

Probably the only REAL antidote^^^...

A long time ago I saw a documentary about some poppy farmers who also consumed the opium for the hard work and to kill those withdrawals they used milk thistle..that doesn't work for me. But yes I have black seed oil, naltrexone and even phenibut(didn't like it, took a lil too much, I thought it would make a good aid to have on deck.)
I am definitely interested in memantine and its ability to lower tolerance as well.

Very very useful info^^^ I was informed of ULDN by a fellow BL'r and it does seem the most effective way.
I actually stocked up on some from a good friend who used to have an alcohol problem, I really can not wait to give this a try as it does seem to be the actual key to free ourselves from addiction.
thank you for this and the links..you know damn well there are others out there just lurking and this information is a gold mine for someone trying to break the chains of opioid/opiate addiction.

Probably the only REAL antidote^^^...

A long time ago I saw a documentary about some poppy farmers who also consumed the opium for the hard work and to kill those withdrawals they used milk thistle..that doesn't work for me. But yes I have black seed oil, naltrexone and even phenibut(didn't like it, took a lil too much, I thought it would make a good aid to have on deck.)
I am definitely interested in memantine and its ability to lower tolerance as well.

ULDN sounds absolutely amazing to me and there’s a lot of evidence to support it. however, I would advise that you don’t pin all your hopes on it as a cure for addiction or a complete reversal of tolerance. from what I’ve heard, it certainly seems like a powerful and useful adjunct to current opioid use or for the treatment of post-opioid depression and it definitely sounds much better than using NMDA antagonist to treat tolerance.

Ibogaine took that away for me. $1500 a week and 3 days later (4.5 grams PTA) I don’t remember a thing… no w/d no desire for opiates 3 years later… but stims are another story

Ibogaine took that away for me. $1500 a week and 3 days later (4.5 grams PTA) I don’t remember a thing… no w/d no desire for opiates 3 years later… but stims are another story

Just to clarify, are you saying that ibogaine treated your opioid addiction but not stimulant addiction/cravings? if that’s the case, it’s very interesting and backs up the hypothesis that opioid and stimulant addiction May have considerably divergent mechanisms in the reward pathway. I have noticed that through reading anecdotes online, many abstinent stimulant users talk of occasional but very strong cravings, even years after their last dose. I know the same often happens with opioids, but research suggests this is actually due to the psychostimulant/psychomotor component of opioid reward mediated by dopamine release.

Just to clarify, are you saying that ibogaine treated your opioid addiction but not stimulant addiction/cravings? if that’s the case, it’s very interesting and backs up the hypothesis that opioid and stimulant addiction May have considerably divergent mechanisms in the reward pathway. I have noticed that through reading anecdotes online, many abstinent stimulant users talk of occasional but very strong cravings, even years after their last dose. I know the same often happens with opioids, but research suggests this is actually due to the psychostimulant/psychomotor component of opioid reward mediated by dopamine release.
Ibogaine is simply an interrupter- brain chemistry resetter. A reprieve PERIOD. I had not even so much as a craving for a cigarette. For about 3 months. A year into I did. Have my 1st Od on heroin w/ only a 1/4 of a $10 bag. It was the incident I needed to keep tf away from it. I didn’t want it per se that day; I was curious (I’d that make sense ) now the reprieve left, I started smoking cigs again my green eyes went back to green (post iboga they went bright blue) and stims crept back in. (I should add I substituted w/heroin bc stims wasn’t conducive to my relationship. .

Ibogaine is simply an interrupter- brain chemistry resetter. A reprieve PERIOD. I had not even so much as a craving for a cigarette. For about 3 months. A year into I did. Have my 1st Od on heroin w/ only a 1/4 of a $10 bag. It was the incident I needed to keep tf away from it. I didn’t want it per se that day; I was curious (I’d that make sense ) now the reprieve left, I started smoking cigs again my green eyes went back to green (post iboga they went bright blue) and stims crept back in. (I should add I substituted w/heroin bc stims wasn’t conducive to my relationship. .
I don’t want anything to do w/ opiate. Even when I was hospitalized w/ a Perforated stomach ulcer (8weeks 3 surgeries )

Again the iboga was 3 years ago … I’m not out robbing old ladies purses. I own a business (workaholic) but i would have to say simply -I’m back to where I was when I switched over to heroin over a decade ago .. w/ more control over it. It’s sexually related also

Again the iboga was 3 years ago … I’m not out robbing old ladies purses. I own a business (workaholic) but i would have to say simply -I’m back to where I was when I switched over to heroin over a decade ago .. w/ more control over it. It’s sexually related also

Oh yes, sorry I misunderstood your previous post but after re-reading it I now understand. i’m glad you’ve been able to get your life together and I wish you continued success and happiness.

Gotta say those Opana pills were just short of
Oh yes, sorry I misunderstood your previous post but after re-reading it I now understand. i’m glad you’ve been able to get your life together and I wish you continued success and happiness.
likewise - I’m arranging the flood dose & going start prepping By taking the 3party tested supplements soon. It’s actually not something I’m looking forward to like shrooms or lsd