View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Have I hit the DXM wall?

delsymfan

Bluelighter
So once again, I sit here frustrated with my attempt at diving into DXM.

I've probably enjoyed a dozen 2nd plateau trips now, and I've had a couple great 3rd plateau runs.

But my last good trip was in January. Since then, I've tried about 4 times. None of them have worked.

In one case, only half of the DXM seemed to take over.

In the second, like nothing happened for 3 hours, ended up doing something else.

3rd time, I did about 660mg but ended up falling asleep due to some antihistamine

and tonight is the reason I am posting. I slapped down 900mg on an empty stomach. And here I am, 4 hours later, pretty much mentally stable. I got some buzz but nothing like I should. What the hell is up?

Do I maybe just need to give it a break for a while? I find this so hard to come to grips with as I really do love DXM, but the fact is I've given it several weeks off and I'm still having issues getting to where I want.

In summation. Trip never really was a trip. Honestly it never got bad. I could communicate, speak, walk talk, all pretty normally. The effect was more like hi 1 low 2.

Is this really the DXM wall I've hit, or is something else to blame? I cant imagine what else caused this but I would love to have an idea. This is now the 4th time in a row I've had really weak trips since my good ones

How quickly did you dose the whole 900 mg? the quicker is the better for tripping, otherwise you end up with a higher ratio of dxm vs dxo, and dxm is much less trippy and just makes you feel kinda sketchy and upset. your thoughts are more delusional than insightful.

you mighta hit the wall. i rarely get good visuals unless i smoke up the weed, and i never get the size distortion "alice in wonderland" kind of visuals no more.

either take an even longer break, or throw in some weed, or try a 'different' kind of trip so the dxm trip won't feel so typical. like, after I take some ectasy, my next dxm trip is pretty powerful, and once i even got the size distortion visuals again. You could try altering the speed of your dosing too...

several weeks isn't much of a "break." you're looking at like half a year to truly get the 'magic' back.

DXM does become fruitless after awhile IME.

My advice would be to forget about it for awhile. (atleast 6 months as mentioned above) or to just move on to better, more insightful substances

Yup, sounds like Dexter is sending you a message.

It's OK to be in love with Dexter, but it's not OK to be attached. Maybe you've become a little clingy and Dexter just needs some time for itself ;)

I personally recommend not using DXM more than once every 4 months. That's how I do it and I'm launched smack into the Godhead every time :)

Hmm, maybe I just need a break.

Yeah I put down the 900 all in one sitting.

Its a shame, I really do like the stuff. But thats alright, I can focus on some of my other explorations for a while.

It just seems I always find myself returning to DXM out of sheer desire. Its a magnificent beast. And only recently do I feel I've been able to kinda harness it a little. Its a shame to see that go so quickly.

But I'll give it a break and see how it goes.

^Have you tried ketamine? You might like it (a lot probably, be careful).

I hit a DXM wall, so I decided to break for a long time. But even still when I tried it again I'd either fall asleep or just wouldn't get the old good effects. What I'd recommend either mix it with some weed or add another psych into the mix :p 2ce + DXM was quite the experience. Take a long break, or mix up the setting. I found the reason I couldn't trip as well was because I was too familiar with my bedroom (Familiarity breaks contempt) :p.

I like to save my DXM trips until a friend might have the house to himself for a while, and I find the new environment makes DXM magical again.

I second the above, DXM can definitely be made more meaningful by changing your setting (for eg, being outside on a summer night by yourself is usually a great alternative over staying indoors). Ive never experienced DXM losing its magic, although sometimes I have gotten a bit aggravated at the degree to which my memory of the experience deteriorates, making it very hard for me to write anything like a trip report. I would say that it might be helpful to maybe try exploring some other psychedelics and give that area of your brain that channels the DXM magic (I'm speaking somewhat figuratively here) a break.

I've used DXM both thoughtfully and sometimes a bit impulsively, and while both have led to interesting and memorable experiences, I now do not use DXM except after a good deal (several days) of prior planning, both to maximize the single experience, and also to prevent my brain from liquefying under the bright, white light that is DXM :). I have found that DXM is just as good, if not better than it ever was, after such a break (although you may want to re-introduce your body to it gradually, as in dose 100 mg the night before your experience, as the first time I take DXM after a hiatus it tends to be quite harsh on my body). Hope that a break works for you, it'll make other experiences that much better.

Take a long break, it's just like tolerance to any other drug

Take a real long break, like at least three months or so, and then try it.

It would be good to go even longer, if you're up for it.

Loss of magic

:! it might be was known as the phenomenon " Loss of Magic." This happened to me after I used between 1200mg and 1400 mg a day for 15 days, and about 2100 mg to load up on the first day. This effectively kept me up fourth plateau and sometimes third plateau throughout the whole 2 weeks. this effectively caused me to built up such an tolerance to such a level, the next time I tried to use DXM I had absolutely no psychoactive or non-psychoactive effects. There was about a two week gap between uses. So I waited and waited and waited for about two and a half years before I tried it again. Same as the last time absolutely no psychoactive or non-psychoactive effects. Plain and simple, I abused it to the point of losing the magic forever.

Has anybody ever lost their magic and gotten it back with the use of DXM?
8)