• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction have a glass shard embedded deep in my finger starting to be infected * Solved *

Zonxx

Bluelighter
Not going to the hospital to sit there for 12-18 hours for a glass shard, i have 2 sterile packaged medical scalpels.

I've only had to open one, hasnt near dulled, do scalpels dull fast it doesnt seem like it?

so i have a fear of pressing too hard pain aside due to the glass, i don't want to cut the glass or shatter it like i had once upon a time.
What angle should i make an insicion at and which you think is better to go sideways to make a small enough opening to be able to wedge it out if possible with a needle orrr should i cut along the side of the shard very slowly? i'm doing this in less than 10 minutes so if anyone has an answer time of the essence, reason being hurts surprisingly after taking pain meds but.. im not taking any more meds until later this morning thus this is a timing thing before my medication isn't peaking anymore.

i'm not lobbing off a chunk of my finger or anything, it WAS under my nail, cut the nail off with excruciating pain before my meds kicked in, what a relief that was

sorry not drug related again but before going for it i figure id ask.

IMG_0527[1].JPGIMG_0526[1].JPGIMG_0527[1].JPG

man these were the best pics i could take since my phone is broken i haad to use an older ipod, but you can see the glass shining in the 2nd photo, its red and whatnot because it's becoming infected.

its not a giant shard but nontheless, it is in there

What angle is it going in? Like parallel to the nail, perpendicular, or some other angle?

its almost entirely straight down, i think i got it from my phone the other day that has a smashed up screen, its been stinging but i didnt think anything was there and i clipped my nail decently far back and realized what was there

i mean... there was even shards around it too which i already cut off/out (its not like im lobbing a chunk off my finger buuuuut, i've seen infections get pretty bad from nothing, and yeah.

and lets say nearly a 90 degree angle down maybe 70 degrees

I would cut open parallel to the entrance direction of the shard but not exactly on the top of it, more like opening a pocket on the side of it. If you cut exactly the top, you may push it in more.

I would cut open parallel to the entrance direction of the shard but not exactly on the top of it, more like opening a pocket on the side of it. If you cut exactly the top, you may push it in more.
thanks a bunch, this is exactly the idea i had but wanted someone elses opinion, i'll be applying lidocaine just incase and i don't have to worry about bleeding getting in the way, i took a mini dose of amps to cause alittle vasoconstriction. I appreciate the replys, ill close the thread when im done THANKS GUYS!

You need tweezers, and some sensitivity to pain. Maybe wait a few hours and let the opiates wear off?
As KS78 says, start to cut close to the shard and make a small incision like 2mm max (1/12 of an inch).
Don't make it too deep, you can make it deeper in multiple passes.
Then use the tweezers to pull it out, making sure you are grabbing it from the flat sides and not the edges as it comes from the screen.
You can apply amphetamine topically to cause vasoconstriction.

I’d leave it in, only looks tiny. Your body will push it out over time

I don't think that you need lidocaine, it could make it harder to feel in case you start going too deep. It's ok to hurt a little, there's a reason for it.

I don't think that you need lidocaine, it could make it harder to feel in case you start going too deep. It's ok to hurt a little, there's a reason for it.
Yeah thing is, i have the tendency to get shakes/minorshock from nerves not that i'm scared of anything its just my bodies reaction unfortunately from removing deep glass i'm only going 2mm at a time and making sure its going well right now just came back to see if anymore posts about it @Soso78 its been in there for awhile because its been stinging for a couple days and since its getting abit infected is the reason its gotta go will post back with shortly, i'm gonna man up and just go for it.

half done, started to shake alittle so im taking a quick pause but its halfway done. much to my surprise... there was even more glass to the side of it so i went with a sterile needle to just scrape it out since theyre just shards that aren't exactly embedded thankgoodness, and im going much less at a time to make certain i don't cut any glass. i'm extremely surprised how good these scalpels are considering theyre disposable sterile ones

U should write a blog to tell the tale of how u survived such a devastating injury and how it affected your life. It could inspire others going through similar traumatic experiences😂