L O V E +
    R E L A T I O N S H I P S

❤️ Welcome Guest! ❤️

Posting Guidelines Bluelight Rules
  • SLR Moderators: axe battler | xtcgrrrl | arrall

Has she totally lost interest?

sonicteamaajm

Bluelighter
So I have posted on here about my current girlfriend a little while back. The last thread was about her constantly being on her phone whilst I'm with her, which is still happening.

Now I feel as if she has no interest in trying to make me happy what so ever. If I don't initiate a text with her, she won't text me for days. Since that happens we only see each other about once a week.

I don't bother texting her anymore because most of the time she barely texts back and it just seems like she doesn't care.

She never says anything to me that makes me feel like her boyfriend. I am barely an associate at this point. She doesn't try to kiss or hug me either when we are together.

When I say stuff about going to her place when she was sick to help her around the house she just changes the subject.

When I am with her she seems to try her best not to be alone with me and usually end up in the living room with her parents watching tv. Recently she has been sleeping in the spare bedroom because "its better for my back" (she has back issues sometimes). I don't mind that, but she gives me shitty reasons as to why I can't sleep in the same bed with her.

I am honestly getting bored and impatient with the relationship with the way it is.

Is it over?

Thanks for reading

How old are you both? Are you guys living with her parents?

Need more details about the situation.

It sounds like she's not interested :( How long have you guys been dating?

I agree, although the more important question would be how long has the situation lasted. Maybe it's a passing phase or something, maybe not. I remember the previous thread so I think it's been going on for some weeks at least. Doesn't look too good...

Back problems bring back memories of an ex-gf of mine. She would say that to go to her place to sleep or whatever. Well, turns out the back wasn't hurting enough to stop her from sleeping with another guy. LOL. Oh well I suppose it's easier to get caught cheating than to discuss things and end the relationship like an adult.

It sounds like she's not interested :( How long have you guys been dating?

Only for four months.

I agree, although the more important question would be how long has the situation lasted. Maybe it's a passing phase or something, maybe not. I remember the previous thread so I think it's been going on for some weeks at least. Doesn't look too good...

Back problems bring back memories of an ex-gf of mine. She would say that to go to her place to sleep or whatever. Well, turns out the back wasn't hurting enough to stop her from sleeping with another guy. LOL. Oh well I suppose it's easier to get caught cheating than to discuss things and end the relationship like an adult.

Wow that really sucks to hear, 421. I can't imagine something so horrible happening. I'm sorry sir!

Yeah I guess my previous thread doesn't exactly help my situation. All she talks about is her new born nephew and her dogs. I don't get told anything that makes me feel loved, let alone her boyfriend.

The relationship is pretty one sided at this point. I really don't want to give up on this, I mean this is real love for me. I know its only been four months, but I absolutely adore her.

Do you guys think there is much I can do to switch the flow of her thinking?
I'd just hate to waste the time we have spent together.

Thank you for the advice everyone!

Have you talked to her about it ?? Im so sorry to say, but yes it looks like she has lost interest in you...

I have tried before, but she just gets annoyed and gives me crappy excuses. Then I end up saying sorry. I honestly don't understand her..

It sounds like you're acting like a huge pussy, which is a total turnoff to women. Never apologize unless you did something wrong. Stop kissing her ass and act like a man

It sounds like you're acting like a huge pussy, which is a total turnoff to women. Never apologize unless you did something wrong. Stop kissing her ass and act like a man

Maybe that was a "wrong" thing for me to do in her eyes. I don't know, but maybe you're right. I will take your advice sir.

Passing phase in just 4 months? No...I'm so very sorry...when people are interested and want to be involved with you...they will talk to you and ask things about you and what you're interested in...not keep the conversation about them and their concerns...always changing it back to be about them or their topic...sorry...4 months is just a flash of time...you'll bounce back!

Only for four months.

All she talks about is her new born nephew and her dogs. I don't get told anything that makes me feel loved, let alone her boyfriend.

The relationship is pretty one sided at this point. I really don't want to give up on this, I mean this is real love for me. I know its only been four months, but I absolutely adore her.

I'm not asking this in a mean or sarcastic way... I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the foundation of your relationship... but what do you adore about her? I didn't read the other thread that you mentioned posting, so I don't know if that one gave any more details. From what you wrote in this thread it doesn't sound like she contributes much to your relationship. It's only been four months, which I'll admit I've thought I was in love with someone after a short time too, but how much do you really know about her? Do you two hang out a lot? Do you go on dates? How did you meet? More information would be helpful! :)

So I have posted on here about my current girlfriend a little while back. The last thread was about her constantly being on her phone whilst I'm with her, which is still happening.

Now I feel as if she has no interest in trying to make me happy what so ever. If I don't initiate a text with her, she won't text me for days. Since that happens we only see each other about once a week.

I don't bother texting her anymore because most of the time she barely texts back and it just seems like she doesn't care.

She never says anything to me that makes me feel like her boyfriend. I am barely an associate at this point. She doesn't try to kiss or hug me either when we are together.

When I say stuff about going to her place when she was sick to help her around the house she just changes the subject.

When I am with her she seems to try her best not to be alone with me and usually end up in the living room with her parents watching tv. Recently she has been sleeping in the spare bedroom because "its better for my back" (she has back issues sometimes). I don't mind that, but she gives me shitty reasons as to why I can't sleep in the same bed with her.

I am honestly getting bored and impatient with the relationship with the way it is.

Is it over?

Thanks for reading

Lots of mind games. This is super tiring in a relationship that is meant to make you feel good about her and yourself.
Why don´t you try to have a dialogue. Put all the cards and decide how to move forward if there is still space to do so.

Yeah it seems like she's lost interest. You guys have only been dating for a few months. Cut your losses now. There are lots of other people out there who won't treat you like an acquaintance. :)

op I know this pain all too well. I lost a girl of 7 years relationship because of drugs. the past two years I've spent trying to win her back and keep her in my life. I thought I was keeping her in my life and seeing her every couple of weeks kept my hopes up. but the sign for me was the lack of initiation from her part, whether it phone text or otherwise.

it's blunt but hard to argue- if she avoids initiating she is a lost cause.

This could be the issue.. in my experience when men open up too much to women to soon this becomes a major turn-off, and because your blinded by your love for her you won't stand your ground in issues that concern you.. instead you might apologize when you should of really told her off, which would of probably turned her on because your demonstrating dominance and don't appear as a pushover. My guess is she has noticed your attachment to her and finds it unattractive.. so she's now distancing herself from you emotionally.

I know this because i did the same thing, most men will go through this.. it's a major lesson and you learn a lot from it, but it's not without pain and heartache.

Do you guys think there is much I can do to switch the flow of her thinking?

Yes. Forget about her.. i'm been honest here, start talking and flirting with other women.. i'm not suggesting you cheat, but first of all it will distract you from her and second of all it will have an effect on your outward demeanour.. you will appear as though you don't need her. I guarantee that she will take interest in you again.. but at that point you will have to ask yourself.. do you want to bother?

The trick is you never want to let her think for a second that your completely emotionally dependent on her, you want to be entirely self-dependent in all aspects and maintain a degree of detachment, even in LTR; this is attractive for both genders.

Last edited:
Passing phase in just 4 months? No...I'm so very sorry...when people are interested and want to be involved with you...they will talk to you and ask things about you and what you're interested in...not keep the conversation about them and their concerns...always changing it back to be about them or their topic...sorry...4 months is just a flash of time...you'll bounce back!

This is horrible, especially when I notice her at the time not being concerned with how I'm doing and just switching back to her and her life. Bouncing back seems awfully difficult right now.

I'm not asking this in a mean or sarcastic way... I'm just trying to get a better understanding of the foundation of your relationship... but what do you adore about her? I didn't read the other thread that you mentioned posting, so I don't know if that one gave any more details. From what you wrote in this thread it doesn't sound like she contributes much to your relationship. It's only been four months, which I'll admit I've thought I was in love with someone after a short time too, but how much do you really know about her? Do you two hang out a lot? Do you go on dates? How did you meet? More information would be helpful! :)

That's okay. I met her around three years ago. We worked together. I asked her out back then, but she had to move very far away so we just left it. Three years later she moves back and starts to take an interest in me and I asked her out again.

I love how thoughtful and kind she is towards many people. She is a great cook. She is beautiful. I am sure she will make an amazing mother one day. This made me think she was perfect for me.

We did used to hang out as much as we could, but now I barely get to see her once a week due to her lack of interest recently...

We have been on quite a few dates, which were super fun. If you wish to know more just ask!

Lots of mind games. This is super tiring in a relationship that is meant to make you feel good about her and yourself.
Why don´t you try to have a dialogue. Put all the cards and decide how to move forward if there is still space to do so.

I know what you mean. When I am at work, just thinking about all of this is so exhausting. I will give the dialogue a go sir.

Yeah it seems like she's lost interest. You guys have only been dating for a few months. Cut your losses now. There are lots of other people out there who won't treat you like an acquaintance. :)

I often hear from my co workers that this is still the 'honeymoon' phase and we should be all over each other, which makes this so much worse. If she really feels uninterested then why doesn't she just break it off?

op I know this pain all too well. I lost a girl of 7 years relationship because of drugs. the past two years I've spent trying to win her back and keep her in my life. I thought I was keeping her in my life and seeing her every couple of weeks kept my hopes up. but the sign for me was the lack of initiation from her part, whether it phone text or otherwise.

it's blunt but hard to argue- if she avoids initiating she is a lost cause.

That's rough man. Sorry to hear. Like you said though, you know the pain all too well so it won't be very easy to let let her go. I am still having trouble with the fact that this girl whom I thought was perfect for me is losing major interest in me.

This could be the issue.. in my experience when men open up too much to women to soon this becomes a major turn-off, and because your blinded by your love for her you won't stand your ground in issues that concern you.. instead you might apologize when you should of really told her off, which would of probably turned her on because your demonstrating dominance and don't appear as a pushover. My guess is she has noticed your attachment to her and finds it unattractive.. so she's now distancing herself from you emotionally.

I know this because i did the same thing, most men will go through this.. it's a major lesson and you learn a lot from it, but it's not without pain and heartache.

Yes. Forget about her.. i'm been honest here, start talking and flirting with other women.. i'm not suggesting you cheat, but first of all it will distract you from her and second of all it will have an effect on your outward demeanour.. you will appear as though you don't need her. I guarantee that she will take interest in you again.. but at that point you will have to ask yourself.. do you want to bother?

The trick is you never want to let her think for a second that your completely emotionally dependent on her, you want to be entirely self-dependent in all aspects and maintain a degree of detachment, even in LTR; this is attractive for both genders.

This is some great advice. There actually is a girl that is interested in me. I won't cheat, but I will focus on her for a little while.

I have experienced heartache once before and I really don't think I can deal with it again..

Thank you everyone for all of your responses. Major appreciation for this forum!

*small update*

I sent my gf a funny, dirty text just for a laugh and her response was:

"If you think messages like that are gonna put me in a good mood just stop because they don't."

She is on her period, but yeah. Just wanted to let peeps know. Thanks.

I think Malakaix made a good point. Besides how can you love someone that treats you like that.
This is not love. Love does not you treat like this. Love does not look like this. Maybe because it is not.
Maybe you are too close to realize this. But she knows it. She´s got you spot on. Don´t let this fool you.
In a couple of years, this will be a good experience as you need to be on control of the relation, not otherwise.
And maybe you´ll be able to see how certain situations make us blind.
That´s not going to be the girl of your dreams man!
You wouldn´t be talking like that if she was.

Last edited:
*small update*

I sent my gf a funny, dirty text just for a laugh and her response was:

"If you think messages like that are gonna put me in a good mood just stop because they don't."

She is on her period, but yeah. Just wanted to let peeps know. Thanks.

The power of denial!