• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Has Bluelight saved you?

Harry Redknapp

Bluelighter
Sort of related to jmendo's post in this forum:
Do you think that, overall, visiting Bluelight, and other harm reduction/drug education sites has benefited you, or just made your drug use worse?
About three years ago, just after they made Bluelight, I took my first ever ecstasy pill. Obviously I wanted to know more about it, so I logged on to the web, and did a search, coming up with this place, and Erowid. Now, places like this were very helpful, as they were full of useful information, and stopped me from doing a lot of stupid stuff. I learned not to take E while on MAOI's, and to avoid over drinking. I learned all kinds of pre and post loading rituals, and what to do in an emergency. Whilst I couldn't say for certain "Bluelight saved my life", I can definitely say it's saved a few thousand brain cells.
But of course, as I scrolled through the vaults of Erowid, I found trip reports about LSD. I found out how to extract codeine from paracetamol for a cheap and effective smack-like high. I learned about a little known mind blowing herb called salvia, and I learned that I really needed to find some 2-ct-7 (which I did)
So, one could argue that had I stuck to popping E's in blissful ignorance, I never would've known about half these drugs, and consequently, never tried them. But by the same token, I could've quite easily popped 3 pills while I polished off the last of my third bottle of scotch, and died.
So what do you think? Has the internet, and all the information it offers you, been a help or a hinderance?

That is a very interesting question! It's like asking weather the chicken or the egg came first. For me, I think it has made very more knowledge about many things. I know that this subject of the war on drugs is a battered one on BL but, BL has given me more realistic ideas about drug use then the Just say no, bull shit you here day in and day out. Your question is would we BLer's done the drugs we would have without this site. What I think is that most likely not, because this site has given us hard factual, now, data that guides us to make chooses on what we do and don't do. I can say the first few times I did X, the first drug I did at age 24, I was not smart about it. I have learned how to manage my use to be able to get the greatest results. I also feel that it has also feel in the same token that it has made stray away from certain drugs that I feel are to much for me. Most likely without this site I might have tried them and been in danger. So it's like the Ying and Yang. I feel that BL has enabled me to make more intelagent chooses of what I put in my body as well as how often, where, and why..
I final statement is KUDOS for BL..
Keep it safe. The safer drug use is the less amo we give the government..
Be safe, Enjoy the ride...

I have to agree that it has stopped me from doing a lot of dumb shit. The only thing other than alcohol I have ever taken is ecstasy, I started clubbing more in the 2000'z and taking E would have been eventual, I'm just glad I had an pile of knowledge behind me when I took. I have done some reading on LSD and Coke and I will stick to me E!
I would like to think it has made me use E responsibly, rather than just popping and not knowing. Perhaps I could say that it allowed me to use E more often than I would without any knowledge - this being about 5 times a year.
On the whole I think people will abuse anything regardless, when I look at the amount of people still left in clubs at 5am - so out of it all they can do is sway and sweat or be shivering heaps in the chill room.
I'm eternally grateful to BL and Pillreports!

As for as drug use it made me try or want to try more drugs. But at least I know a lot more about drugs and precautions I consider when taking drugs. Cause I'm sure if I didn't know about this site and was offered drugs I would have done them without any knowledge and would probably done something stupid and put myself or others at risk. So yeah this site did help me alot...more then DARE and all those other govenment programs just telling us what not to do instead of giving the pros and cons.

I dabbled for a number of years without any real knowledge. I learned a lot from bluelight, I would say that I have become a safer drug user since learning about bluelight. I have also helped other people avoid bad situations because of the stuff I learned here. So yes - I would say it is working.

I think bluelight has made me a lot more responsible. I know the limits now, and I try to make what I do as safe as possible. Also, I always thought that ALL the things you hear about drugs are lies, and thegood skag heads of bluelight have shown me heroin is just as whack as my school lessons taught me.
So maybe bluelight stopped me becoming a scag head?
BUT
Don't you ever think that here on this online comuntiy, as there are drug users from over the world discussiong drugs and to take the time to do this they must be seriously into their drug taking. So, it worries me sometimes that Im being de-sensitised to ridiculous ammounts of drug taking. I mean when you read about people who do 15 tabs of acid and survive, you think "Why the hell not so 10 then?". I think in a way although bluelight is great for harm minimilisation, occasionaly it actualy encourages people to be irresponsible.
Just a thought...

it's taught me things about 5htp and learning about people's problems and dependancy on drugs. it hasnt made me want to do drugs more.. i knew of most of the drugs i tried before coming to bluelight.. its my fault not BL's :)

Bluelight has helped me in so many ways. Without Bluelight, Dancesafe, and Pill Reports, and a couple of other sites, i would have put myself in real danger quite a few times. From what i learn on this site, i pass on to others. Its amazing how so many people do not know the simplest things, and how these simple things can save your life.
But, as someone pointed out, i do read on here about people taking 20 pills in one night, or mixing dxm and e and saying their fine, and so it might make other people think that maybe, since those people did it, and are still here to talk about it, then it would be ok for them to try it.
I think people need to realize you cant always believe what you read and come here and get as much info as possible, and know your limits and be smart about your drug use. Just because someone else did it, doesnt mean you should too.
Onemore thing, this site has kept me from trying a couple of drugs that i would have tried, but after alot of reading and research, i decidedd against it.
Thank you Bluelight! :)

I did a lot of in depth research on the pharmocology and psychological effects of MDMA before learning about bluelight, for a psychology research paper. Its actually what initially sparked my intrest to this message board.
I wouldnt say it has saved me, per se, but I have DEFINETLY prevented 'accidents' and/or 'mistakes' from happening to people unfamiliar with using hard drugs. The most noted would be explaining to people why not to drink too much water when rolling! Ive freaked out watching kids down 5 bottles of water in 30 minutes cuz they think it will make them safe from dehydration. That and advising people from mixing MAOIs with MD**.
In a way bluelight saved me, it was reading alot of trip reports that got me interested in psychedellic drugs, and at the time I was obsessed with uppers. I probably wouldnt have considered this class of expierences had it not been for reading some mind blowing reports on BL and erowid. Now I think speed/coke is boring as hell!!
PLus ive met mad cool kats at parties from bluelight! 424 for all who remember it!!

Bluelight has given me the right to roll my eyes at people who think they know it all about drugs! ;) I never in my life expected to know so much but around here we are surrounded with so many different types of intelligent people (a good amount at least) that pride themselves on knowing the cream of the crop in many different areas- drug information, politics, music etc. It also brought me into a world of people who at least know they should try to moderate. I am always surprised at how much I pick up from everyone on here. If you weren't well rounded before you probably are now
:)

BL has been a godsend and still is (although being crucified hurts lol ).
Many have tried to take me out (even myself passively) but still around.
Love the people and the changes we go through it enriches my take on humanity (or lack thereof).

I'm always amazed by how extensive the history of this website is...like everything I've ever seen since joining is like only a small fraction of whats gone on around here!

Some users will drop by who had joined 20+ years ago! I've never been on another forum like that. People will say oh yeah I hung out recently with blah-blah, and then others will say oh yeah hows blah-blah been doing lately? and I just think, who the hell are these people talking about? lol

I've also seen people "irl" reference it sometimes, it's rare but it happens. One guy told me that whenever he got his hands on a new drug, he'd always go on over to Bluelight to investigate it first, cuz he knew he'd get the best advice by looking there first...I thought that was a good endorsement!

Rally ???? CAN I CLOSE MY FREIKING HOW WAS YOUR DAY THREAD NOW ???????????????????????

THEN YOU CAN OPEN ONE AND SAVE IT LOOOOOOOOOL
Sure.....
I did not close the the thread I gave it up to the dive and it was closed from there.

IT'S MORE DOPE THAN ACTULLY DELETING A THRRAD !!!!!!!
I did not delete the thread for gods sake. It was open and closed by another.
Why do you hate it so much then
The degradation of our years together... her health ans sanity is not easy to deal with.
Why keep going back to my personal life?
What grudge do you hold against me?