• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Has Australian speed changed much in past 20 years?

highonlife40

Bluelighter
So I got to thinking has speed changed much in the past 20 years?
When I was younger, I think from memory I was able to obtain a choice of either "speed" which was shorter acting and I assumed to be amphetamine or ice which we would know as meth etc which was longer acting

Fast forward and all I can see or hear about is ice or meth, that said I keep a healthy distance from the stuff these days.

Did amphetamine become too difficult to get chems for and hence the now predominance of meth?

Does anyone have historical records of police "speed" sample analysis or any recollections of this?

If I am correct the point I hope to raise is that prohibition is driving drug production towards the unhealthier but easier to obtain chemicals

Yes, in the 80's most methamphetamine was racemic as opposed to Pseudo made/Dextro isomer methylmamphetamine which is purer. Although in the wake of project stop there is a lot more racemic (ketone to the less educated) 'speed' doing the rounds where 'ice' is Dextro meth. You still do get pseudo 'speed' but it seems increasingly rare.

I believe that in the 80's and possibly early 90's amphetamine sulphlate was quite a bit more common than it is today. I can't quote exact numbers but I recall reading somewhere that less than 10% of amphetamines siezed in Australia in recent years were amphetamine sulphplate. In the unlikely event you were to happen upon amphetamine sulphlate, it would likely be sold as 'speed' anyway and no distinction would be made by the dealer between that and meth.

Amphetamine sulphlate is increasingly less available in Australia and I believe will become obsolete in this country very soon. The overwhelming majority of frequent meth users I know smoke it and you can't smoke amphetamine sulphlate.

As far as price and quality goes, I believe it was available cheap (compared to now) and of good quality throughout the early to mid '00's, after which price remained stable and relatively cheap with a noticeable decline in quality. In the last year or so VERY high quality shit has become available, but costs more than double what I paid a few years ago.

The overwhelming odds are that both the 'speed' and the 'ice' you were offered both contained methamphetamine. The differece is the 'speed' is probably 10-15% actual methamphetamine where the 'ice' is probably atleast 50-60% and really should be up around 80%+. Also, if it was recently you were offered it, the 'speed' would have very likely been racemic or 'ketone' methamphetamine where 'ice' should always be Pseudo/Dextro methamphetamine.

I know someone who has seen thousands of lab test results of samples of amphetamines over the last 10 years and amphetamine was found in no more than probably 20 (at the absolute outside). (Seized dexamphetamines excluded).

Meth of varying purities from 1% to 85% and everything in between is where it is at and has been like this for some time.

Dimethylamphetamine has also been encountered (in recent times) and has come up more often than amphetamine.

Why would high purity meth not be the racemic version? High quality crystals could be produced from both and so if racemic/ketone meth is out there, then I would have thought it was out there in all purities.

^ Recrystallisation of racemic methamphetamine is not easy because l and d -methamphetamine are enantiomers.

I had considered that although I was not sure. That may well be the explanation and would be a reason why high quality crystal meth is d-meth only. P_D?

How come enantiomers can't form crystals as readily as just one stereoisomer? Aren't enantiomers attracted enough to each other to form crystals?

I read in a Karl Williams book that speed was just cut methamphetamine. something like 10-20% pure. some drug lord ay. :/

It is pretty common knowledge on this forum that is what 'speed' in Australia refers too. Honestly if it is 20% you are doing fucking well. I don't rate Carl Williams as much of a drug lord, but the purity of his 'speed' has nothing to do with my perception of him.

Yeah what kind of drug lord cuts their drugs...

What kinda users expect theie drugs uncut....

haha offtopic a bit here i guess.

If u google for Australian Meth purity u can see the average is sitting at 17% i think. and like everyone else says, it can range from 1% to like 80%

Yeah i once so unimpressed when i read what he does with his speed and his mix of speed and k-bomb pills. Yeah i dont rate him as a drug lord either.

Just going by personal experience and discussion with trustworthy sources, over the last 10-15 years there's been a massive shift from amphetamine to almost exclusively meth. The price has also roughly doubled. 4-MAR was around for a while but I haven't heard of any recently, though from posts here in AusDD it might still be doing the rounds.

When I was using daily it was an oily, off-white base, in Brisbane, 2003-2005, that was considerably stronger than most gear I've had in the last two years, crystal included.

I honestly can't comment on all of this racemic/ketone business so will leave that to the experts :)

Yeah man! Just 15 years ago I was running 33.3kbit model downloading gameboy games. Now days I have unlimited ADSL2+ on TPG downloading HD movies in an hour D:

i only really just started getting into speed, probably within the last 12 months.
got bloody ripped off on the weekend with the shit tho, i really hate sometimes ya get supplied great for the first time then supplied complete cutter on the next occasion..
not sure what the expected threshold should be for one individual, i take it orally and i never need more than .1 (one point) in recent cases only just half a point (.05)
but on the weekend i did the most stupidest thing, it was cut down so i just had more, ended up having closer towards .3-.4 which ended up being quite an expensive night. and to my stupid suprise i wondered why i started feeling sick, more than likely too much cutter.
hope i was allowed to say this.... sure a mod will correct me if im wrong

Just going by personal experience and discussion with trustworthy sources, over the last 10-15 years there's been a massive shift from amphetamine to almost exclusively meth. The price has also roughly doubled. 4-MAR was around for a while but I haven't heard of any recently, though from posts here in AusDD it might still be doing the rounds.
QUOTE]

There is definately some 4-MAR doing the rounds right now, not sure how long it will be around for though and it just popped up recently (that I am aware of). It doesn't really qualify as 'speed' though. In my experience 4-MAR is superior to methamphetamine.

DM, i think i need to lend you my marquis just to see the reaction.

Google is your friend

220px-Amphetamine-2D-skeletal.svg.png

Amphetamine

200px-4-Methyl-Aminorex.svg.png

4-Methylaminorex

jeeze u lot are so smart. seriously, i hope when i finish my university degree i can get as smart as some on here