European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Has anyone ever tried pethidine?

gayorstraight

Bluelighter
It's one of those things I don't ever hear about. You?

What's it like?

Mods please merge with correct thread if needed :)

Yup. It's... alright. Nowt particularly special or memorable about it but I do know I've had it cos knew a gal who got it scripted as some kinda opioid maintenance thing. Presumably not officially. But she was scripted a fukkin shitload of it. She preferred it to heroin although I could never see it myself. Just happened to be the first strong opi she ever tasted is all. It's the one they offer women in labour, no? Or was anyway. Was how she discovered it. As did many other women too, I'd imagine :D

What for himself or for *ahem* work? If for work it really makes no difference when you're not overly concerned about patient complaints and pethidine would raise far fewer eyebrows. If for himself then could be purely personal preference (no accounting for tastes - and to be fair having slightly dubious taste in drugs was probably not his worst feature overall).

my dad was once given in by mistake in his script, soon as he banged it up i heard him go urgghhhhh gooddddddd!!!!!!!!!! was supposed to be 120mg of methadone soon as he pushed it in he said he could taste it, he hates the stuff, then again he takes methadone like its weed to me :/ dont know how he has a vein left at nearly 54! will die shooting methadone :( anyways, yeh he said he tried it thought it was nothjing special like diamorphine, he was rather shocked at getting pethedine instead of methadone :/

What for himself or for *ahem* work? If for work it really makes no difference when you're not overly concerned about patient complaints and pethidine would raise far fewer eyebrows. If for himself then could be purely personal preference (no accounting for tastes - and to be fair having slightly dubious taste in drugs was probably not his worst feature overall).

Shipman killed his patients with morphine and was addicted to Pethidine himself

This has a toxic metabolite called norpethidine - that's why you don't see any pethidine addicts anywhere.

S'allright like not as good as Dicanol .

Often given 2 women in Labour well my Mum was . Makes sense i was born on opiates literally :D

It's the drug of choice for Doctors who wish to commit suicide.

RIP David Widgery and many others.

Had it a while back and enjoyed it.

A friend at the time was popping pethidine pills and sleeping at/on the bar of the local pub having what he described as a great time.

Also I thought Shipman used heroin to kill his patients?

As Shambles suggests, pethidine was historically less controlled than diamorphine, hence it being Shipman's opioid of choice. Well, either that or he preferred pethidine; I suppose we'll never know now.

I'm sure that pethidine's association with treatment of labour pains would serve to throw many people off the scent when it came to Shipman's personal use, at least back in the day.

Uninteresting Shipman trivia: in sixth-form, I used to buy fags from the shop a couple of doors down from his surgery, just a few years before he was found out too. We would occasionally give him abuse through the window, as we were horrible teenagers and we knew one of his sons to say hello to. It was a bit of a shock when the news came out, to say the least.

Small world, eh?

Not a bad bit of trivia really. I can't say I've verbally abused any serial killers.

Not a bad bit of trivia really. I can't say I've verbally abused any serial killers.

Yeah, putting it like that it ain't bad, is it?

The worst thing is that around that time we used to take a meandering bus home just because it went through Hattersley on the 'Hindley & Brady Trail'. We were lovely kids. :\

Hattersley is like JG Ballard-meets-Deliverance. Classic dystopia-on-t'hills type affair. Has to be seen if you like that sort of thing.

You could always get pregnant ;)
But nah, not the nicest of Opiates from what I've read... Quite surprised it's still used for childbirth actually! Even if it's only a few women who are offered it.

Going back in time I had access to some for a while at various times, as an IV opiate is would be the bottom of my list. If I remember correctly it would be the weakest IV opiate available. Commonly used for labour as notes or in hospitals after ops. As others noted too, as it was one of the most common IV opiates used it drew less attention. I know a GP over here who used peth regularly again because it did not draw the same attention as morphine.

Though to be fair I had a bad motorbike crash at one time, really messed up my leg. The had to straighten my leg out in the road before they moved me, fuck that hurt and I had taken about 30 DFs earlier, anyway when I got to the hospital the reg asked me how bad it hurt and I told him. The nurse was about to get me 100mg peth IM but he had her give it IV due to my pain. As a pain relief it really did its job that day.

Had it a while back and enjoyed it.

A friend at the time was popping pethidine pills and sleeping at/on the bar of the local pub having what he described as a great time.

Also I thought Shipman used heroin to kill his patients?

Definitely morphine as I recall

Definitely morphine as I recall
Grundy's daughter, lawyer Angela Woodruff, became concerned when solicitor Brian Burgess informed her that a will had been made, apparently by her mother. There were doubts about its authenticity. The will excluded her and her children, but left £386,000 to Shipman. Burgess told Woodruff to report it, and went to the police, who began an investigation. Grundy's body was exhumed, and when examined found to contain traces of diamorphine (heroin), often used for pain control in terminal cancer patients. Shipman was arrested on 7 September 1998, and was found to own a typewriter of the type used to make the forged will.[15]....

.... On 31 January 2000, after six days of deliberation, the jury found Shipman guilty of killing 15 patients by lethal injections of diamorphine....
.... In October 2005, a similar hearing was held against two doctors who worked at Tameside General Hospital in 1994, who failed to detect that Shipman had deliberately administered a "grossly excessive" dose of morphine.[37][38]
He used Diamorphine for many,many murders, but yeah - As it says up thurr^, he must have used Morphine quite a few times, and if he wanted people just lucid enough to change their wills in his favour then it's more likely he used Morphine with it being weaker and likely better for his will-scam operations.

My missus had it when giving birth. It must be crap because after she just said 'give me a fucking epidural' never got round to it though before my little bab was born.

It was the use of diamorphine that got him caught, as well as the forging of Grundy's will.

Before her he was administering morphine

Yeah so Pethidine ain't all that anything else ?

Hi MiSS GoS hope you are feeling ok much luv <3