View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Harmine daily use?

tacodude

Bluelighter
Curious has anyone tried microdosing harmine or some harmala based extract daily? What dose preferable in mg/kg recommended?

150-200 is supposed to be MAOI inhibition, but that's not my goal. I'm assuming medical use would be a fraction of that amount. Anyone have any recommendations?

Honesty I don?t know, but it seems like a potential bad idea. It could trigger HPPD or whatever. I would go for something well tolerated to be used daily as rhodiola rosea

I wouldnt microdose harmine but I do take some supplements that contain little amount of it, namely, Passion Flower extract, Tribulus Terrestris extract and in combination with certain stimulating substances it causes a nice additive effect.

tacodude, whats your goal for Harmine microdosing, antidepressant qualities?

When I've taken it the last couple times my opiod medication seems to last longer as far. I am also hoping to end up with a more stable energy level rather then a fluctuating one.

My research came up with 5-15 mg-kg, but that's like 100-300 mg. I'm assuming something like 20-50 mg daily would be efficient.

I also do consider the risk of combining methadone and harmine, but I take ten mg once daily and as far as I can tell I'm not getting SS or anything. Injecting 4-aco-dpt a couple hours after ingesting 75 mg led to extreme nausea and throwing up the harmine... I did eat 2 chicken pot stickers earlier and had an empty stomach so I think those were the main contributing factors.

I don't know man.. opioids and MAOIs are contraindicated, particularly if the opioid is of the phenylpiperazine class.

It's one thing to experiment with harmine but another to take it daily let alone when you are also taking a contraindicated type of compound, also daily. I don't think one sample of 'not feeling like getting SS' is worth much when you are planning regimens, there are so many possible other interactions and fluctuations like in your metabolism to take into account that all bets are off even if you had tried the combo a couple of times already.

Personally I wouldn't want to worry about keeping the exact interactions and dosages level, especially since this risk is not a type I think you wanna take.

I wouldn't say I had the combo off a couple times... It was off once when I used a higher dose after I injected 4-aco-dpt and because I had a mostly empty stomach while close to dehydrated. Of course there's other issues that could be of conflict, but that's a different issue entirely and something that I am working on transitioning too.

Also to be able to get more stable relief with taking less often doesn't seem like a crazy idea. I did look into the methadone thing because of course there is a concern, but I didn't see anything concrete as far as concerns while either way I take it later in the day 6 hours or so after the 10 mg methadone when I'm just taking morphine and hydromorphone. Because of the low dose I thought the risk was low enough for an expiriment. I've also taken harmalas with opioids before and while I've been okay I wouldn't recommend anyone trying it at least without a reduced dose as there definitely seems to be interaction even if that is not my goal.

I also wasn't planning on taking it daily forever, but more or less for a couple weeks when needed. I have been diagnosed with essential tremors and apparently high levels of harmane, a toxic beta-carboline, as well as I've seen a couple mentions of trials with 20-40 mg harmine for tremors so I'm planning to try 20-25 mg at night for a week or two. Last night was fine taking it and mixed with 5 mg 4-aco-dmt I drifted off to a nice sleep although other factors kept me up.

Just an update 20-25 mg harmine at night has actually seemed to be very helpful. I sleep better at night feel better during the day granted I eat and everything else. If anyone else tries this besides checking maoi restrictions for RIMA (reversible inhibitors MAOe A) and do not mix with methadone where in my case I take 10 mg every 24 hours and take the harmine 6-8 hours after. Any higher with the methadone dose or if there was any negative percieved effects after a dose I would stop, but I haven't had any issues related to the methadone interacting with the harmine.