• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Harm Reduction Stall - We need a NAME!

yah i agree w/ you on that, actually. but catchy doesnt have to be inherantly ravey. safety net is fine, and should work well to branch out w/. i dont know bout the things you have in mind jb, but i think working w/in uni's would be a good place to start outside of the rave scene. but more on that when we get there
smile.gif

=)

Ummmm how about....
enlight or,
En-light or,
e-light
i think ive got the spelling wrong tho hehehe
smile.gif
** smile **
smile.gif

------------------
** the happiest of people dont necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way **

& The magik Ingredient is…
e reaction centre
pill substance breakdowns
Dance chemical analysis

completely off topic, but what i want to know is how the fuck are you gonna stop cops from bustin people when they go to get their pills tested, im sure mostly D's are on the look out for DD's, but still.......

What pills? Illicent substance? What do you mean? They have a substance, which they don't know what it is, and they'd like a guide of what it could pottentially be.
This is something which has been discussed time and time again, which problably doesn't belong in a stall naming thread. (So why did I reply? don't feed the what? uh? *slap something*)

well, this doesnt belong on this thread but...
it works the same way as needle exchange programs. we are providing a safety service, to help stop kids leaving parties in an ambulance. if they go around arresting the kids for having one pill, then no one would come to the stall, and more kids would leave in an ambulance, esp if there's a bad batch of pma pills or something like that.
cops are indeed on the lookout for dd's, not kids out for a bit of fun. if they wanted to bust kids holding a pill or two, they'd have done it before now. go to just about any rave and its like shooting fish in a barrel.
okay! back to the naming thing! i liked the en-light suggestion, something along that line might be good! it at least contains the word "light" which is cool, plus it alludes to what we're doing w/out being hippyish. imo only of course
smile.gif

=)

harmony is very hippyish
too hippyish
imo
------------------
the secret to success is clean underwear and a good top hat

i like enlighten personally
smile.gif

------------------
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger."

Test-A-Pill
Ok, so it rhymes with a naughty word - I reckon it's catchy
wink.gif

Tho SafetEnet is cool as well
smile.gif

enlighten isn't bad.. you've got the ecstacy ref and comes off with an education connotation. I mean in the long run not only is testing to make it all safe but to raise awareness in what is potentially dangerous and what may not be right? ... just a thought

just to let you all know what happened. at tonites meeting we decided to use pill testing australia as a large umbrella that smaller approved groups could belong to, yet the smaller groups could have individual names that can make them unique. so the melbourne pill stall is called 'enlighten' spelt with small cased letters, no cheesy capitals. this belongs to pill testing australia, which happens to be us as well so that if another harm reduction group starts up they can join pill testing australia to work together. (someone correct me if ive given the wrong idea here
wink.gif
)
------------------
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger."

basically we decided that e need a name right now. stuff needs to be pronted, phonecalls need to be made.
PTA is a nice, corporate name which we can use for all the groups in oz, whatever they decide to call themselves.
PTA is what we introduce ourselves as to the health department and funding bodies, enlighten (or whatever) is what each group is to the promoters, and the people coming to the stall.
best of both worlds really...

The Sydney crew have decided to ruminate over the name thing for a few more days. We hope to settle on a name before sandswarm on december 23 - hopefully our first stall (well providing the promoter ok's it)
I really like enlighten. damn, now I'm jealous!
enlighten : 1. give information to 2. instruct, inform 3. shed light on

Excellent ideas people.
I tend to like the ones incorporating the word HarmOnE
No HarmonE is perfect.

I like the Dolphin logo idea too!
the fins could like make the middle part of the E somehow with the nose and tail curve forming the remainder.

how about ease (sounds like e's hehe
smile.gif
)
With the slogan being 'ease your mind' or 'put your mind at ease', sumthin like that hehe i dont know anywayz...
smile.gif
** smile **
smile.gif

------------------
** the happiest of people dont necessarily have the best of everything, they just make the most of everything that comes their way **
[This message has been edited by **itsmE** (edited 09 December 2000).]

i like PTA. to be taken seriously, u need a serious name to start with.

Parents and Teachers Association?
This is a throwback from my school days.
I'm sure many would agree, and then disagree with the title
smile.gif

That's what I thought Cosmic_Seadog, but I wasn't gonna go and say it
biggrin.gif

Johnboy's suggestion of the two names makes sense, and for the less 'formal' name, enlighten fits well, tho ease ain't too bad either. Don't think I could come up with anything more appropriate...