• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction - IV Crystal Meth

ThatSpaceyKid

Bluelighter
Hi Guys,

I know this is an awkward topic... Recently I started smoking Crystal Meth again. It worked for a little bit just like new. But now if I smoke it just is not enough. I have been doing it for 2-3 years now. Had to stop for a while... Now I have to IV a decent amount of Crystal Meth. Usually a good bag... I have fresh needles every single time. I am not sharing them with anyone. I am having a buddy of mine hit me because I will miss. I honestly have a weak stomach when it comes to Shooting up. I am terrified of needles. But once it is done. I lit and loving the euphoria. I know I should use a filter. But I just mix it in the lid with the water. Then I just have my buddy hit my vein for me. I am not tied at all when I do it. Just dont do it. Just shoot it without tying off. I am trying to stay undetectable with my Meth use. I have done it successfully for the last month and a half. I drink water the whole time im high. Only do meth 3-5 times a week. Its 30-40 CC of water. Tap water... So far everything is fine. Havent missed a vein. Veins don't hurt. I am not obcessive over it. I do not withdrawal from it.

Anyone want to pipe in about harm reduction?

Get back to me in3-6 months.
Enjoy it while you can. Better yet re-asse where your going.

Hey SpaceyKid, this is a tough subject to objectively cover regarding harm reduction. First off, kudos to you sir for using new equipment each time and practicing aseptic technique in the process. This is one less thing for you to worry about in terms of your health.

I'm not gonna lecture you too much, but Methamphetamine is a very long-acting drug. I'm not simply referring to the overt effects; what you're after from the high. I'm talking about the "intoxication" phase, as well as the "recovery" phase. Your body needs time to recover from use of Amphetamines and by using them 3-5 times per week, you're not really ever allowing your body to return to complete homeostasis. I believe that his will cause a gradual, cumulative effect in regards to the Methamphetamine in your system.

So, in short, I feel that there's only so much harm that can be reduced when essentially binging on Methamphetamine. It's a neurotoxic chemical, first of all and the way that it completely and utterly depletes the body of nutriets, hydration and sleep in short order make it, in my opinion an inherently dangerous drug. I'm speaking purely to consistent, semi-dependent use of Methamphetamine. "One and done" usages or even short binges are more manageable, as there will inevitably be a dedicated time for sleep, hydration and sustenance.

I'm not trying to typecast you here or anything. I don't know your situation exactly and I'm speaking generally about people who are dependent on Amphetamines.

Case in point, for those who don't enjoy my comically long, prose-ridden thread posts is:

To reduce harm caused by (Meth)amphetamine usage, one must eat well, sleep properly and be adequately hydrated. These are all things that Amphetamines actively prvent you from doing.

:sus: I know there are risk with these kinds of things.. And that a price will paid eventually... I know exactly where I am headed. I was here before sadly last year. But this time is gonna be different. Once its out of control no more. But right now it is controllable. Obviously using Crystal over time causes weight loss, being sickly looking, dependence, desperation, anxiety, withdrawal, etc.. Been here before. I admit it gets worse each time. But I am 70% better than last year. Only Meth and Marijuana. Nothing else. Well see where this goes. And yes fresh needles... People could not stress that enough to me... Otherwise it starts getting nasty XD .

Hey SpaceyKid, this is a tough subject to objectively cover regarding harm reduction. First off, kudos to you sir for using new equipment each time and practicing aseptic technique in the process. This is one less thing for you to worry about in terms of your health.

I'm not gonna lecture you too much, but Methamphetamine is a very long-acting drug. I'm not simply referring to the overt effects; what you're after from the high. I'm talking about the "intoxication" phase, as well as the "recovery" phase. Your body needs time to recover from use of Amphetamines and by using them 3-5 times per week, you're not really ever allowing your body to return to complete homeostasis. I believe that his will cause a gradual, cumulative effect in regards to the Methamphetamine in your system.

So, in short, I feel that there's only so much harm that can be reduced when essentially binging on Methamphetamine. It's a neurotoxic chemical, first of all and the way that it completely and utterly depletes the body of nutriets, hydration and sleep in short order make it, in my opinion an inherently dangerous drug. I'm speaking purely to consistent, semi-dependent use of Methamphetamine. "One and done" usages or even short binges are more manageable, as there will inevitably be a dedicated time for sleep, hydration and sustenance.

I'm not trying to typecast you here or anything. I don't know your situation exactly and I'm speaking generally about people who are dependent on Amphetamines.

Case in point, for those who don't enjoy my comically long, prose-ridden thread posts is:

To reduce harm caused by (Meth)amphetamine usage, one must eat well, sleep properly and be adequately hydrated. These are all things that Amphetamines actively prvent you from doing.

:sus: Of course... Dependence.. Tolerance.. All the downfalls of drug use.. Eventually there comes a point when it just makes me function not even get high anymore. It really is a dangerous drug. But it is also the most amazing feeling I know. Sleep is crucial. I might stay awake 1-2 nights per use, then sleep the next two days like normal. I eat one meal a day. Drink water all day. I already know it gets ugly after time. Last year was not pretty. Went a little insane =D But had the time of my life... Eventually for me it turns into being sickly looking and skinny. Dead looking. Numb to everything. Angry and irritated. Kind of act like a little diva and wine about everything or throw a fit. Not sleeping for weeks. Stealing. Staying up 22 hours a day. For days and weeks. Eventually fall apart. I aint going back to the dark side though. 8( I can function and use, but just cant get too desperate.

I was just throwing that information out there for other folks to possibly peruse. I'm sure you're well aware of all the points I covered OP. I'm not even a Methamphetamine user. My experience with stimulants consists of pharmaceutical Amphetamines, which I have binged on for days in the past. The thread is definitely open for any more information regarding Harm Reduction in this instance.