• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Hallucigenic Opioids? (Yeah, I'm a copy cat!)

Gaz_hmmmm

Bluelighter
I've read on www.opiates.net in the "Future Opioids" chapter that it's possible for future opioids to be hallucigenic and they go into details about the structure, chemicals and also receptors and the other stuff (Years of biopharmacology summed up in 'other stuff'! :) )

Anyway I've had full blown hallucinations where I was at work typing on the keyboard, whilst nodding on H at home on my bed and at other places and I'd wake up and see my arms out infront of me typing on an invisible keyboard! =D

But H/diamorphine/morphine aren't classed as hallucigens.

My question is, are there any opioids out at the mo', where you can take them, know you'll have a full blown trip without having to take morphine/dia' and then dosing to nod and hallucinate?

I know apparently it's the kappa opioid receptor (Which Salvia's chemical, Sal' something A, works on!) that causes the hallucinations and that some opioids have been synthesized thinking that maybe the a kappa agonist would be better for pain then an mu agonist. But apparently 'test subjects' got really bad/intense hallucinations. I imagine salvia and think "Poor bastards!"! :)

Anyway, so obviously some are here, if so, what are they? Is it just the kappa that's causing the hallucinations or is it always serotonin release? :\

I don't really know what else to put other, are they here, what's their name, what are they like, both experience wise and health/inside the brain wise! :\

Well firstly an opiate 'nod' has nothing to do with serotonin.

Fent analogs are not a good choice because they are mu-selective, and this holds for even the super rated league of ridiculously potent compounds.

On the other hand, the powerful semi-synthetic orapavine analogs tend to be much less selective and just totally blitz ++++ almost all the receptors in that part of the brain.

You have a choice of (dihydro)etorphine or there is one called PPOM that is also in the 'super league' of opioid compounds.

Although Levophanol is kappa agonist, someone who had tried it said it is only mildly trippy and not as much as others may have expected.

The Opioids that are most likely to be hallucinogenic (but producing a very sate of mind, and dysphoria) are kappa agonists, or partial agonists:
Butorphanol, Nalbuphine, pentazocine...

Gaz_hmmmm said:
Anyway I've had full blown hallucinations where I was at work typing on the keyboard, whilst nodding on H at home on my bed and at other places and I'd wake up and see my arms out infront of me typing on an invisible keyboard! =D
That has happened to me several times, usually when I'm very loaded. Sometimes I even talk while I'm nodding.

I know Ive seen that in the pharmacy, what is it used for? (Pentazocine)

Perhaps there is an analogue of Mitragynine that is waiting to be discovered That has 5HT antagoninsm and MU agonist properties.

Pretty far fetched, though I would love to see the tryptamine style thoughts and patterns melded into a Morphine/Kratom feeling buzz!
Ive noticed that Kratom makes music sound much better than normal, a hint to its Indole skeleton perhaps??

Why not just use the synergy of a combination of a mu opioid agonist and a serotonergic psychedelic?

I think it'd be amazing if someone found a drug that had opioid qualities at the same time as psychedelic effects, but if you are interested it for recreational purposes instead of purely scientific purposes, you're probably best off combining two drugs that are already available.

^ Pft, where's your drive for progress & experimentation !?

From what i've read, it's be best to go down the track of selective kappa agonists. A mu & kappa agonist would likely be possible, but they probably wouldn't have very high affinity. If one makes one key for two different shaped locks, don't expect it to work all that well on either!

Cerp said:
That has happened to me several times, usually when I'm very loaded. Sometimes I even talk while I'm nodding.

I've done that too! :D

Coolio said:
I think it'd be amazing if someone found a drug that had opioid qualities at the same time as psychedelic effects,

Amazing if people didn't get hooked! I imagine physically addictive LSD and then think, "Damn, imagine if stereotypical addicts were running around thieving/mugging/other stuff whilst on this!"

But you could say, that most, after they start abusing it and losing the plot would be incapable of scoring as their perception would be so fucked up they'd most likely lose the plot! :\

jasoncrest said:
The Opioids that are most likely to be hallucinogenic (but producing a very sate of mind, and dysphoria) are kappa agonists, or partial agonists:
Butorphanol, Nalbuphine, pentazocine...

Agreed - and of the 3 you mention, pentazocine seems to be the most hallucinogenic. They also seem to feel a bit like disassociative anesthetics as well. In any case, I think they're all pretty dysphoric.

N-beta-3,4-methylenedioxy-5-methoxyphenylfentanyl.
N-beta-3,4,5-trimethoxyphenylfentanyl.

N-beta-(3-indolyl)-fentanyl.
N-beta-(3-indolyl)-sufentanil. [sans the suf]

N-alpha-methyl-N-beta-(3-indolyl)fentanyl.
N-alpha-methyl-N-beta-(3-indolyl)sufentanil.
N-alpha-methyl-N-beta-(3,4-MDO-5-MeO-phenyl)fentanyl.
N-alpha-methyl-N-beta-(3,4-MDO-5-MeO-phenyl)sufentanil.
N-alpha-methyl-N-beta-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)fentanyl.
N-alpha-methyl-N-beta-(3,4,5-trimethoxyphenyl)sufentanil.
N-alpha-methyl-N-beta-(4-chloro-(3-indolyl))fentanyl.
N-alpha-methyl-N-beta-(4-chloro-(3-indolyl))sufentanil.
N-alpha-methyl-N-beta-(3,4,5-trichlorophenyl)fentanyl.

Last edited:
on first thought it sounded like the perfect drug for me, but then i realized it'll be too much, too sweet.
theres acid for hallucinate and h there for chill. and e for love and emphathy and feeling.
not all at once. it will ruin the synergy of it all
mybe its just me on this moment.

Would those Fentanyl Derivs. be Ultra potent? Just think of the problems with DOx then add some Fentanyl to the mix!!!