• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

half a blotter of LSD

If it's your first time doing LSD, I don't see what's wrong with trying half a blotter, especially if you know it's decent LSD. The first couple times I did LSD, I only took half a blotter and it was very interesting and mind-opening. Not that "trippy", but I was filled with appreciation and looked at things in a different way. I really enjoyed those experiences, though now I prefer larger doses as I'm more used to tripping. :]

I've always stuck to a single hit when tripping so far, but its just not strong enough for my liking, I'm going to take two in future unless I get reliable information that its particularly strong.

What is a light show by the way? I see it mentioned alot on the Ecstasy Discussion forums, it seems to be an American thing.

and really disappointed in my ravers' community. like they're just out for $$$...just bad feelings. Altho I gotta say they gave me the sickest light shows ever
...and you had trust in the current "raver" community? Lol raves are the shadiest things now, just a buncha people there for the drugs taking "H-based" MDMA (LOL). No one is in it for what it was originally about, everyone's just out to make a buck.

I could have told you that if you're looking for strong acid, the rave scene is NOT the place to find it generally....

All the good acid I've EVER had (like 200 mic liquid) has been from true heads/wookies at jam/Dead-related shows. And I've met some great people to have around :)

In my experience, taking half a blotter probably wouldn't do very much, but I've only had admittedly weak(ish) blotters. With the acid I get, 1 hit will give you the body high, and maybe slight, fleeting visuals.

Watching light shows on LSD is quite nice btw. It's not nearly as absorbing as when on MDMA though. Light shows on MDMA totally suck me into a euphoric trance state (add a message and a menthol inhaler at the same time to really blow up. sensory overload in the best possible way). On LSD, light shows are fun and visual, but it doesn't really change the character of the trip.

What is a light show by the way? I see it mentioned alot on the Ecstasy Discussion forums, it seems to be an American thing.

A light show is when you sit down, and someone waves colorful LED lights in a rhythmic, dance like manner in front of your face. This is very common at raves.

Low doses are useful when one has much experience and can utilize the state even when (far) in the background because it's so integrated (meditation practice helps tons).
Low doses can be used to test the waters without any prior experience, to see what it feels like, but it hardly prepares you for a good first trip anyway so I wouldn't bother and do it right (not overly!) the first time.

Yes it's a kind of decision not to be taken lightly but I think that's just the way it is. If you don't feel up to a "normal" first trip (huuuge paradox) just don't do it. There should be a threshold! It's not like 'ooh I can do it fine because it's so mild', that is basically saying that you don't really want to trip. If that's the case please don't bother because it's not really a decision at all. Don't sugarcoat your apprehension like that. Get over the threshold or don't, and when you do, make the most of your amazing experience.

Consider it seriously, that is important.

I took one tab my first time, it was alright but I recommened two to have an amazing LSD experince. The only time i take 1/2 blotters is when im splitting them with someone.

well bro genrally most blotters are laid at 100 ug and they usually degrade bc of dumb ass middle men so i wouldnt advise eating half id eat like 3 or 4.

A light show is when you sit down, and someone waves colorful LED lights in a rhythmic, dance like manner in front of your face. This is very common at raves.

Thanks for clearing that up, I'd picked up from the phrase and the context that its used in that it would be along those lines, but couldn't rule out without explicit explanation that it wasn't a euphimism for something totally different. Sounds like ti would be interesting as a social activity whilst tripping. I'd rather like a strobe light for this though...

I agree with Solipsis about being over-cautious when trying new experiences. Besides the points he made himself (assuming he is not a she) when you reduce an experience to threshold effect its unlikely to give you the degree of pleasure or the depth of experience you'd get from a moderate dose. Also, sometimes the region between baseline and tripping is almost as surreal and unsettling as a full trip has the potential to be anyway, but is harder to reconcile because of the elusiveness of the stimuli you're experiencing.