• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Grinded or whole seeds for Poppy Seed Tea

robrobio

Greenlighter
Hello everyone. My colombian friend is planning to make a Poppy seed Tea following the "2 liter bottle" method. He would like to know if grinding the seeds will make any difference in extracting the alkaloids during the shake part, or if that is just a worthless process and he should just throw the whole seeds as they are. Thank you very much guys.

Not only is there nothing of value inside the seeds, but there may be some oils, chemicals that can make you nauseous or even a little ill if you consume a lot. Seeds taste good if you like them. You can chew on some and get the flavor. They taste earthy/nutty. Nothing wrong with it. But don't grind then up for pst. A quick, vigorous shake with cold water and a little lemon juice is all you need to do. In fact, I find that when i keep it closer to a vigorous 5 minute shake as opposed to 10 or more minutes, or soaking, the quicker shake gives a tea that feels cleaner, and is clean to work with.

^What's the point in shaking?

I blended some whole pods last year and stuck them in a smoothie. Tasted lush and gave a mild buzz (only used 1-2 pods).

Yes, that's pods. With pods, the goodies are inside, stuck all around the pod. You want to grind, and soak.

With the seeds, no alkaloids are found inside. What we want is only stuck to the outsides of the seeds as dust/debris. With seeds you want to scrub the stuff off the outsides, without getting into the insides. Cold water, quick wash. Because the stuff is sticky, vigorous shaking (scrubbing) is what's needed. Not soaking.

There isnt a better way to extract the alkaloids? this is making me nausous just thinking about it.

When you say extract, what do you mean? A 5 minute shake with water and lemon is quite easy. Personally, I find the taste pleasant. It has a "familiar" bitterness, and an earthy, sort of floral/ mushroom kind of taste. I'm very interested in a natural reduction, I've researched and worked on it with very good success and I'm trying to improve on it. But I'm talking about trying to achieve something close to natural opium. Extraction beyond that might be frowned upon as getting into synthesis and they may not want that here.

Agreed - 5 min shake is the best way to do it.
Quick agitation, strain, and i used to do a couple of re-washes too.
But don't leave them to sit, it makes all manner of oil and crap come out of the seeds.

btw - extraction talk is fine, it's chemical synthesis we don't allow :)

Yep. Which means, the clock is ticking in making that 2nd wash. Make it right away. Flush that remainung residue right off it, and get rid of those seeds. A one time coffee filter will get rid of some gunk/fats/plant matter and make it more drinkable.

I get everything out of 2 washes. I place seeds in a larger kitchen strainer that catches all seeds. The strainer sits above a larger Pyrex measuring cup. After I shake I pour the seeds/water into that strainer. Now I turn those seeds with a fork, like slow motion scrambling eggs, and sort of do that slight up and down move that forces more liquid out. Like you'd do when straining the last water after making pasta. As I turn the seeds I'm slowly drizzling more water over them, switching to another glass that becomes my second wash. The shaking takes 5 minutes max. The entire process takes about 10 minutes.

Yeah, chemical synthesis is a tough one. Who wouldn't want to naturally reduce, filter, repeat, and get what really does amount to old school, classic "cooked opium"? I'll stop there. ;)