• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Green Dragon, go or no?

smokeymcpot42088

Bluelighter
I will start by saying I am not a big drinker at all.

So I grabbed a pint of popov's vodka (I can't price but it was almost cheaper than rubbing alcohol lol)
I grabbed an oz of "popcorn buds" from the dispensary, found there to be a large leaf content but w/e it was cheap.

Took between 1/4 and 1/2 oz of said popcorn buds, poured them into a water tight cylinder, added 3 shots of vodka (just enough to cover the almost kief powdered weed) and shook it for about 2 minutes. It is currently in the freezer and afterwards is going to a basement for the next eight days.

SO TO THE QUESTION: At the ratio of lets say worst case scenario, 1/4 oz to 180 ml of 80 proof ethanol; in your subjective opinion (as tolerances to both vary) do you think I added enough popcorn buds to umm as eminem said "I hope the weed will outweigh these drinks?" as I dont really want to be drunk but always wanted to try the green dragon legit. (non blackmarket, done and filtered correctly).

When I was in HS theyd just pour the weed into the booze and drink it stems seeds and all, Eckh good way to make sure you gag on your drink!

A quarter into three shots? Yeah, I'm just making this up but that should be plenty weed. Let us know how it goes?

I'm basing that on edibles. A quarter of weed is kind of a lot for one person to have as a snack. I ate a half once but it took me out of commission for two days LOLOL, not recommended.

Let's say half of the terpenes dissolve into the booze (I just made that up), you more than certainly added enough weed. An eight is like the perfect night in for me if I want to catch a buzz and watch a movie.

Let us know? I mean, you can still dry the buds out and smoke them. If you want to feel the weed kick in, smoke a J to get it kicked off.

*Rumor has it that edibles hit women harder. Kind of off topic but worth noting.

Did you decarb your bud first, before adding it to the vodka?
Shit psychlone no I didn't. If I am correct I should have heated it first to convert the THC/A into THC before adding it to the mix? Can ya think up anything to do about that at this point. It wen't in the freezer for a couple hours, was shook for a couple minutes and now is resting in a dark place. *just so ya know what state it is currently in. Alcohol plus heat not great odds I suppose...obviously I can replace the popovs. The bud, eh id hate to waste another umm roughly the price of eating out at dennys with 2 people?

Gordonliddy-- I hope it would be enough...they came over dried from a dispensary as ''popcorn buds' and were decidely not worth smoking....but when I ground it all up I have to admit there was some so finely ground/kiefish a layer stuck to the bottom of the jar; that I smoked.

Shit, hmmm. You could maybe reduce it into FECO/cannasugar? I'm not sure if that can be decarbed solo, but it should be able to be used in edibles with at least some efficacy?

I'm sorry, dude. 🙁 This isn't exactly my troubleshooting forte, not much experience with GD or FECO.

Team-Work-PNG-Clipart.png

Danger Zone!

r35278_4320x2880cc.jpg

Found this guy's post:

So you'll likely get an infusion ( a weak one because all that water will drive cannabinoids off the "solution" part of the phase diagram) but not decarboxylation. You're better off decarboxylating your weed in advance (using the oven method perhaps, but be warned this is smelly) and infusing into stronger alcohol, 170 or better proof. You can make such alcohol yourself, but you'll need to research and construct a fractional still. In my still, vodka makes an excellent feedstock for 190 proof neutral spirit, should I need any.

Last edited:
@smokeymcpot42088

I did some rough calculations. assume your popcorn bud from the dispensary is 20%THC wt 7g/7000mg flower. 20% THC would give ~1400mg THC 14g flower would give ~2800mg THC. Ignoring decarboxylation, Popov vodka (this the standard 80 proof/40% ABV stuff?) is low in alcohol percentage strength and is not as efficient as using Everclear or some overproof alcohol.

Let’s say a maximum pf 2800mg THC if using half an ounce. If that amount is in 3 shots, you could drink 1/2 of one shot and still get 560mg THC, which is an extremely large dose; about 5.5 packages of 10x10mg gummies

Tom

edit: I really effed up on all of my initial calculations; by 10x. Better to use as concentrated (strength) an ethanol solution for extraction (green dragon preparation). The solubility of the THC in low % alcohol is low. As the % increases, so does the solubility and the strength of your green dragon.

Last edited:
GordonLiddy- Thank you so much for finding the link about decarbing in alcohol; even Moreso for the breakdown. I appreciate you man.
ThomasDavies- Thanks for breakin the #'s down, and yes you are correct 80 proof.

Well it takes me about 400mg thc in edibles to get where I want. About 150 to even feel effects... (thats bad not good, not dicksizing)

So long story short this is a no win situation as i didn't feel like forking out for 151 (%80 ethanol).

So take away for anyone reading this, throwing your weed into most alcohol will not be very effective unless the weed has been
1. Weed Decarbed.
2. Ethanol as strong as possible. 151 is probably the best you can find easily
3. At the ratio of pot to ethanol needed you will almost always end up drunk(er) than high. (actually this third premise is probably highly related to tolerance to alcohol and marijuana, therfor subjective and a bit of a fallacy)

When I was in 4th year biochemistry, I had the brilliant idea of putting 80 proof/40% vodka into a small one shot plug in espresso maker and loading up the filter basket with good ground up weed to see what would happen. Maybe 3.5g of ground flower and 4 ounces vodka

Plugged it in. Heard the pressure building up and ----> green tinged/flecjed liquid came out. Not very green. Didn't smell like weed at all. Had absolutely zero effect.

A typical gaming. session for me consists of multiple red bull shots, each consisting of 1 ounce red bull with 10mg added water soluble THC. The water soluble THC very closely replicates the feeling of drinking and if one just wants to get hammered you can just drink the water soluble extract straight. But usually bitter or unpleasant tasting.

Tom

Decarb temps are 230 to 266F. Alcohol boils and vaporizes at 173F. The water in the solution would boil at 212F. Boiling water will never get hotter than 212. No idea on what would happen with an alcohol/water solution, but I would guess it would be the same. Supposedly, you can decarb at 212, but it takes hours. I'm throwing numbers at the wall. No idea about decarbing in that solution. My guess is that you would need to reflux for a long time.

Next time, decarbing ahead of time would be best, likely.

Eating un decarbed weed will only make for some nasty screw drivers or whatever you mix it with.( cheap vodka, even cold is nasty).
Try 30-40 minutes at 220 degrees Fahrenheit to decarb and then add some grain alcohol, or 151 ( Bacardi, only 151 proof I know of.) Everclear grain alcohol, if you can find it. Don't know the price.
If price is a big issue, then just drink the cheap booze and smoke the cheap weed.
Careful about distilling your own alcohol/moonshine, The BATF still ( no pun intended) goes after moonshiners.
But if you will not shell out some money on strong booze, you should probably just drink the cheap vodka and smoke the weed or turn into cannabutter, recipes online.

Thomas Davie -- I have been very interested in the water soluble THC but have heard bad thing about it. They call it high TeCH water soluble thc, but I have heard it makes more of a syrup... I was dead honestly hoping to add about 10mg to every cup of water for my 23/4 yr old cat but if its all flavored or thick; well he wouldnt like that. What have your experiences been?

J-nowhere--- Price wasn't really the big issue as much as it was something done (wrong) out of convenience. I have access to 151, 153 even (ooooh lol) 153 diesel only sells by the liter; was a godsend for volumetric measuring of chemicals not soluble it water. I have no plans to moonshine. Yes, hindsight is 20 20. Think im gunna go with vodka infused edible as it won't be a complete waste. But really both the alcohol and the cheap stuff was headin for the garbage if I didnt do this.

Thomas Davie -- I have been very interested in the water soluble THC but have heard bad thing about it. They call it high TeCH water soluble thc, but I have heard it makes more of a syrup... I was dead honestly hoping to add about 10mg to every cup of water for my 23/4 yr old cat but if its all flavored or thick; well he wouldnt like that. What have your experiences been?

J-nowhere--- Price wasn't really the big issue as much as it was something done (wrong) out of convenience. I have access to 151, 153 even (ooooh lol) 153 diesel only sells by the liter; was a godsend for volumetric measuring of chemicals not soluble it water. I have no plans to moonshine. Yes, hindsight is 20 20. Think im gunna go with vodka infused edible as it won't be a complete waste. But really both the alcohol and the cheap stuff was headin for the garbage if I didnt do this.
Don't waste it. Use it to make an edible. Once the alcohol is driven off, it will decarb much more easily. IIRC, 30-40 minutes at 230 works well. Key to decarbing is an oven thermometer. They're cheap. Ovens vary in temp accuracy but the oven thermometers get you much closer.

edit: I really effed up on all of my initial calculations; by 10x. Better to use as concentrated (strength) an ethanol solution for extraction (green dragon preparation). The solubility of the THC in low % alcohol is low. As the % increases, so does the solubility and the strength of your green dragon.

Don't feel bad, none of us caught it.

aaee816312c406eac224452559a7ac1b.jpg

I’ve had the water soluble syrup from 3 different 🇨🇦 Canadian companies, all ~15mg/ml THC, so about 450mg in a 30ml bottle. Individual shots at 10mg. Yeah, it can be thick or syrupy appearing (a different viscosity at least), The ones I used were all at 0.5mg per drop. They really are water soluble and dissolve into coffee, juice, soda, water, flavoured water, fake beer & espresso. They make one hell of a mocktail and with the speed of onset (honest) it feels like drinking alcohol (effects timewise)..

Yeah, bribing cats is very hard 😎

Tom

It'll go, but it's a no-go for me.

Mixing weed and alcohol is a fine line to toe. Extreme intoxication of one will not mix well with the other.

In moderate amounts, however? Well that's just my own personal felix felicis potion

I’ve had the water soluble syrup from 3 different 🇨🇦 Canadian companies, all ~15mg/ml THC, so about 450mg in a 30ml bottle. Individual shots at 10mg. Yeah, it can be thick or syrupy appearing (a different viscosity at least), The ones I used were all at 0.5mg per drop. They really are water soluble and dissolve into coffee, juice, soda, water, flavoured water, fake beer & espresso. They make one hell of a mocktail and with the speed of onset (honest) it feels like drinking alcohol (effects timewise)..

Yeah, bribing cats is very hard 😎

Tom

Thank you Thomas; I do believe canadian standards are a bit higher than US standards... I can only get at the one brand and it has no vouches

Shoot since I made this post the poor ol fella had (what I believe to be...) a stroke. He is either re-learning/getting his sea legs back or passing. I definitely haven't been giving him small doses of suboxone and xanax to help him through his time of need. (dont worry he is purring contently, altho a bit confused perhaps.

Now for me I am going to have to try that mocktail thing, can't taste worse than alcohol. (can't fuck ya up as much either, which is good i suppose)

Mixing alcohol and weed is a tough gambit for me as I smoke pot like a chimney and drink maybe once or twice a month; if that. So more high than drunk (which is the goal, maybe speed some meds effects up a bit as well, but drunk isn't the goal).

TO THE POINT: I made some weak arse edibles, probably wasnt worth the time. (no biggie). CAN I STILL MANAGE TO GET SOME GOOD EDIBLES OR GREEN DRAGON BY TOMMOROW USING 900 mg THC/a, so 87% of 900 mgs with a zero miligram loss. (obvious impossibility).

So for 4/20 I grabbed a 14g "hash bucket" 90% THC. Could I DECARB a gram and still get an edible high, any thoughts on how to do this as efficiently as possible? (I dont wanna go to the dispo to buy edibles, im already settled for the weekend).

@smokeymcpot42088 A couple questions;
1) you have a slow cooker?
Actually that's the only question. If so, no fail slow cooker canna butter.

Otherwise, I'd put 2 g on a small glass baking dish, cover it with a glass lid and decarboxylate it in the oven. Ideally your hash is crumbly, but if not and it's more like distillate you could dribble or drip/drop it into the glass baking dish, and decarb. Not recommending this but I have canola oil sprayed a glass baking dish, added 2g distillate and decreed. Then I made a packaged banana bread mix right in the dish.

If one uses a small, ceramic covered cast iron pot you can decarb and cook all in one pot. The ceramic covered pot is also good for making bisquick apple crumble and then of course covered with cinnamon canna butter.

But quick simple ----> decarb in a covered glass dish. Add pre packaged baking mix. Cook. Eat.

With 14g, you would get extremely, uncomfortably high. Do you have any idea of the strength of your hash bucket?

Let's say you use 1g because you don't want to waste too much. I'm gonna pluck 50% THC out of my imagination.

It may or may not be already decarbed. Assuming it isn't decarbed, you'll end up with slightly more than 400mg in usable THC. Dose or eat your edible carefully unless you already know your tolerance level.

Tom