Votes: 1 5.9%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/3stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 3 17.6%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/4stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • [img]http://i.bluelight.ru/g//543/5stars.gif[/img]

Votes: 4 23.5%

• Total voters
Did the plot really have to be "thick"? I feel it was thick in all the places it needed to be. Thin where it needed.

What more thickness are you expecting really?

^that's another thing, they did as much as they could with the story to keep it believable. what more could possibly happen in space? less would have been too realistic, more would be too unreasonably dramatic. i think they got the balance perfect.

sorry, i don't get your stupid reference. without knowing anything about it, i can already tell it's stupid. james taylor, dumb name. :p

Mate, please. You're breaking my heart. It's from the same episode. (And he's a great folk singer anyway)

tumblr_l9vmpdHwnD1qc073co1_400.gif

But we're really arguing over nothing here. I agreed in my initial post that it's one of my favorite films of all time. Although, I don't believe it's without it's faults, however small & negligible they may be.

I thought it was amazing; beyond the FX, there is a great deal of symbolism of sustenance and birth. Terrifying, beautiful, and perfectly lean--I say this fully aware of its inaccuracies. Very humanistic.

I thought it was alright. It was pretty predictable as far as a space movie goes. Seeing it in the theater in 3D was really cool though. I imagine seeing it in IMAX 3D must be really entertaining.

The last time I saw a 3D movie was when they were first coming out with more 3D movies, but it still seemed to be somewhat of a gimmick. The movie was "My Bloody Valentine 3D", which was basically your run-of-the-mill slasher horror film that had some portions that were in 3D. For example an axe or a knife gets thrown and it seems like it's coming right at you! Scary! That was pretty much the extent of the 3D effects.

This film seemed like an actual 3D film. Almost like I was watching a play instead of viewing a film. I was impressed with how much it's improved over the last 4 years and I found the 3D to be entertaining and worth checking out.

I liked it. Although I was never bored, it did remind me of Castaway for the latter half of the movie.

Did anyone else make the connection of Ed Harris voicing at mission control for this and Apollo XIII? ;)

It's a good film, but I can't help feeling like it was lacking something. Can't put my finger on what.

NSFW:
The re-entry scene towards the end was pretty stunning though.

A film about the real problems of space junk. I approve. Not an SF, but probably one of the better catastrophy movies.

I see your Gravity and raise you 2001: A Space Odyssey on blu-ray on a large screen LCD.
Apples and oranges IMO

Gravity was a brave film and a good step for mainstream films. After being pelted with superhero films and epics, I was really happy to see it. I didn't hear about it, but I saw a trailer at the cinema, with just floating objects in space. I was sold, and watched the film.

I've been hanging out with directors, and all the time I was thinking of what a challenging film it was to make. And they did it very well. A lot of the shots were genius. I respect NTDG's jabs at the errors made, but they're almost irrelevant for me.

I liked the spare-ness of it, I liked the beauty, I liked that the cheese humor stopped short of being super cheesy. I liked that I could imagine myself in the same situation (I had never thought to imagine myself in space) and I liked the fear. I loved the contrast of space and terrain, and the trite but overarching message to live in the present and appreciate the world you live in.

Overall good fodder for post-movie dinner. Lovely movie

I went to see it in iMax 3D. I thought it was complete shit other than the visuals. I didn't think anyone could come up with a story that takes place in space and make it that boring.

I won't be seeing it because I just can't stand either actor.

"2001: A Space Odyssey" is one of the most boring movies I've ever watched, probably because it was prior to my generation.

i saw it in 3d last night. after all the hype, i thought it was pretty good but there were a few annoyances for me.

that said, the initial scene where [spoil]the debris hits and ryan is sent tumbling off into space[/spoil] was chilling and really made me feel the utter hopelessness of being potentially lost in space. like dtergent, i put myself in ryan's moonboots and it was terrifying.

i give it a solid 8 out of 10.

alasdair

I liked the movie quite a bit, but would have liked it more with two unknown actors in the lead roles. If a character who has lost a child is going to be reborn in the silence and isolation of space then I don't want memories of Sandra Bullock as FBI Barbie in Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous and Clooney's star turn as the pediatrician from ER skull fucking my renewed sense of resilience.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/video/2013/sep/06/gravity-trailer-video

This is an interesting movie on how things can go bad in space while astronauts trying to keep their heads straight & not flipping out & coming back home.

Watching it on my big screen LCD, it was a great film to watch.

Has anyone seen it at an Imax 3-D theatre?

I want to watch it in an imax theatre with 3-D. I bet its a rush just sitting there watching it.

What about watching it in virtual reality if possible?