NEMD Grateful Dead Appreciation Thread

I love JRAD and DSO equally. They are very different but both are best at what they do.
JRAD's interpretation is more interesting and psychedelic. The players are top notch and take the songs much farther out than just about any band playing this music. They have two guys that rip at lead guitar, you cant beat that.
But DSO feels like home. So true to the original. I often get goosebumps and tears come to my eyes during DSO shows (yes, i probably did take some LSD). They feel like a family reunion. I miss the days of John K on lead but the current line up is fantastic as well.

that’s pretty spot on IMO.

neversick- I don’t believe so. I have no clue who it is. Definitely looks like a younger Drew though

^ I missed those streams so far but will try and catch the next one.

I have been going to Youtube to watch shows. I remember at the shows sometimes getting annoyed with the tall guys and their video cameras. Now I say Bless him lol. You can recreate the good feeling at being at Dead show. Almost like they know we would revisit this stuff. I also like checking in on D&C. Sometimes they put the video's up the next day after a shows.

So yeah thanks for reminding me of the Shakedown streams. I am going to hop on that train!

Dicks Picks 3 is currently my favorite show. They were firing at all cylinders, this show is a masterpiece. It happened a couple weeks after Cornell and IMO it is a better show.

Dicks Picks 3 is currently my favorite show. They were firing at all cylinders, this show is a masterpiece. It happened a couple weeks after Cornell and IMO it is a better show.

I don’t disagree at all. It’s an incredible show.

Hey chicken scratch ,

You r right about the screen name. I never shot up but can relate to the person in the song.

I have a lot of crazy stories from my youth but the dead show stuff was always meallow. Dead Heads r cool folks.

Me and and a couple of friends were driving around back in NYC were I grew up and they anounced the Dead playing at Radio City Music Hall. So we drove straight there and bought tickets. Got center stage maybe 20 rows back. All acoustics sets...pretty amazing.
Saw them a lot in 80s in big places like Nassau Coliseum...but so far back you couldnt see the stage usually... but some good acid and fun times....
Those radio City music Hall shows were in 1980 and released as the albums reckoning and dead set, but dead set also includes songs from the shows from SF in 1980. You can find the full shows on archive.org and use the grateful grabber extension/app to download them. In a lot of ways I prefer an excellent audience or matrix recording to a soundboard.

Are there any soundboards left on archive.com? A couple years ago most show were available and now seems theyve all been taken down. Not that I don’t like a good aud, but good auds are rare without a good cleanup ala Charlie Miller.

Are there any soundboards left on archive.com? A couple years ago most show were available and now seems theyve all been taken down. Not that I don’t like a good aud, but good auds are rare without a good cleanup ala Charlie Miller.

If not there go to bt.etree

Trouble ahead, a lady in red. Take my advice you’d be better off dead.