• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gralise help!!

Djsuzymac

Greenlighter
I have been on gabapentin for years, my doctor prescribed gralise for me last week. I have never tried it and I know the main ingredient is gabapentin. It keeps me up at night because the directions say to take it at 7pm with a meal. My real question is, can I take it during the day? It is extended release, but I have researched this drug for 2 weeks and have not found anything out about it. I would like an answer from someone who has experience with this drug or has experimented with it. Thanks.

Im sorry that i do not have experience with gralise specifically, but i do have plenty of experience with gabapentin. Gralise is purely an extended release gabapentin, so yes you are able to take it at any time of the day. They recommend taking it at night because it makes most people sleepy, but if you are not able to sleep on it, try taking it much earlier in the day. The only caution is to not redose, because it is a 24-hour medicine.

I've been on it for almost two years now, and the first three weeks I took it I had the same problem. I take mine around 4 so that it doesn't interfere as much with my sleep. In the beginning of I took it after 6 I could say bye to night time sleep and I'd end up sleeping until 3 or 4pm the next day.

I actually had to take a sleeping pill to help me sleep at night while on it, but I had/have insomnia issues. I have found melatonin/chamomile/sleep training to be a safer way to combat the insomnia. Personally I believe it's a pretty crap drug compared to neurontin. Try taking it a bit earlier and if that doesn't work then you can try requesting to go back to the ir. Did you get the 15 day dosing pack to slowly bring you up to the desired dose or were you just dosed a specific amount? I found the pack easier to adjust to than when they just threw me on 1800mg.

The dr gave me the pack but told me not to take it like the pack said. He wanted me to stay at 600mg. Which didn't make sense to me because I've been taking 3000mg daily of gabapentin. I've stopped the gralise because the side effects are awful and it's not even helping with my neuropathy and fibromyalgia. I've called my doc and the nurse told me that I have to wait for my next appt. but thx for all the replies