• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Graduate scholarships

lawnmower man

Bluelighter
Does anyone know how available out of state graduate scholarships are? I am currently going into the 3rd year of my accounting degree. I go to school in Florida but would like to get out of Florida if I go to graduate school. However without a nice sholarship I doubt this will be possible. I currently have a 3.5 and all A's within my major (I hope to keep it that way). Suppose I graduate with close to a 4.0, would there be out of school scholarships available for me? Assuming I am in a few clubs, and have an internship or 2? Thanks for any help:)
p.s. Im not talking about harvard or anything, just a state university for a cpa or mba.

Yeah, TA'ing will get you through a lot of programs. Some programs even pay you a pretty decent stipend for being a research assistant (ie doing your grad work) but those are usually lab-based fields (chemistry, molecular biology, etc). There are also sponsor-based scholarships out there that you can apply to. Do some searching around in your field online in terms of grad schools and you might find some of them.

This really depends on field.
So who else is doing a CPA or MBA?

ebola

So who else is doing a CPA or MBA?
Yes, in Florida.

Your grades are good enough to land a Graduate Assistantship, like
x2stpsfrmnowhere mentioned. Add in a high score on the GMAT and
you would be a great candidate for a top 25 B-school. Why limit
yourself?

Questions: what do want to do career-wise? Big 4, I-banking etc.
Do you plan to sit for the CPA in Florida or elsewhere?

Good luck, and great major! I'm starting the interview process with
a few firms I'm sure you've heard of- the money is fantastic :)