• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

Got Stuck with an 'Inked' 20euro note...

What supermarket is this that lets you pour in the coins? Tescos, Sainsbury's and ASDA round here make you feed them into a slot :(

At my local Sainsburys in Whitechapel they had the same machine Maxalfie described, only it didn't give any cash only a coupon which you could spend at the supermarket or have converted into cash at a till, with a charge though.

Anyway I was moving out of my flat so I went there and emptied out four or five big jars I had(some of them were mine, the others my former flatmates had left in the living room when they had moved out). I also had a backpack with two shoppping bags full of coins as well. That was my thrid year in London so basically it was 3 years worth of accumulated change, plus what my flatmates had left behind.

Anyway it came out to almost 60 quid, which is much more than I had expected, obviously being the dickhead that I am, I just bought lots of bottles of Sake and then went to the gourmet section and bought nice pates, hams and salami, and a few of those sushi boxes they sell.

At my local Sainsburys in Whitechapel they had the same machine Maxalfie described, only it didn't give any cash only a coupon which you could spend at the supermarket or have converted into cash at a till, with a charge though.

Anyway I was moving out of my flat so I went there and emptied out four or five big jars I had(some of them were mine, the others my former flatmates had left in the living room when they had moved out). I also had a backpack with two shoppping bags full of coins as well. That was my thrid year in London so basically it was 3 years worth of accumulated change, plus what my flatmates had left behind.

Anyway it came out to almost 60 quid, which is much more than I had expected, obviously being the dickhead that I am, I just bought lots of bottles of Sake and then went to the gourmet section and bought nice pates, hams and salami, and a few of those sushi boxes they sell.

Bags and bags and jars? My one full nescafe jar returned £75! and that was after the machine had took its share, it was a silvers only jar though, anything upto 50p got flung in there.

Anyway could be worse I was given a load of fake 20s, over an amount of time just being silly and not checking. Took me fucking weeks to get rid of them, they where very very convincing (in the dark) lol

Tried to use it at that booze shop outside manchester picadilly and some women went off, wrote FAKE FAKE FAKE over it in marker pen and threatened to ring the police, thing you love your job a bit much you work at spar.

nothing dickhead about that :)

Except for the sushi. :(

Mattronik: you said yourself yours were mostly silver coins, mine were packed full mostly of those useless big 2p coins.

MM: well I was sort of skint at the time and felt guilty about spending the money on expensive stuff intsead of food that could last me all week

^gotcha, this is a good point.

As for the self service thingys at Sainsburys, I didn't know you could pour coins in like the change counter thingy. I will have to check this out tomorrow...

Thanks for the pro-tip :)

^gotcha, this is a good point.

As for the self service thingys at Sainsburys, I didn't know you could pour coins in like the change counter thingy. I will have to check this out tomorrow...

Thanks for the pro-tip :)

You can't, it's bullshit, that was a "convert your change" machine, I'm still waiting to hear what supermarket lets you do this.

My ASDA express type thing does. It's one that replaced my local Netto when it shut down.

It definitely let's you do it.

[edit]

It's not bullshit. Unless I just imagined doing it numerous times.

Haven't checked which other supermarkets do it but I will when I'm in them

My ASDA express type thing does. It's one that replaced my local Netto when it shut down.

It definitely let's you do it.

Never seen an ASDA express, or whatever it may be called :|

The only Netto I've ever been in was in Peckham. Never seen one in Scotland.

I dunno, those ones in sainsburys have a little black plastic bowl for you to put coins in and I have thrown 5+ coins in there on occasion. I suppose 50+ would work in a similar fashion?

Either way I have a pocket full of 5p's and the Sainsburys self service till will eat them even if it takes me all of tomorrow morning!

I dunno, those ones in sainsburys have a little black plastic bowl for you to put coins in and I have thrown 5+ coins in there on occasion. I suppose 50+ would work in a similar fashion?

Either way I have a pocket full of 5p's and the Sainsburys self service till will eat them even if it takes me all of tomorrow morning!

Really? I'll double check in Sainsbury's next time I'm there. I've just been to Tesco and checked their machines, there's a bowl for your change to come out but a slot for it to go in.

I didn't go to tesco just to check this btw.

Yes flipping top, it will work, try not to lob 100's in heavily because sometimes they reject when you overdo it but it does work and there's no limit whatsoever

Knock: Netto doesn't exist anymore, ASDA bought em out and are replacing them all. They've put a little ASDA in the place of my Netto, aswell as having a 24 hour mega ASDA less than a mile away

within a 2 mile radius I have:

1 24 hr Tesco megawhatsit
1 Tesco Express
1 Sainsburys normal
1 ASDA 24 hr megawhatsit
1 ASDA minithing

not even joking. you can stand at one point in a road near me and see the mini asda thing, the carpark of the 24hr main ASDA, the 24 hr tesco and the Sainsburys

it's fucking lunacy