• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Treatment Goodbye Heroin...

Congrats man im happy you have this safer alternative. Wish they did this in the US i would totally opt to go on Morphine over this damn Bupe. Mean it is working for me but i would love to have that warm fuzzy glow when the Morphine hits each day, im pretty jealous. What kinda dosing do they give you with the IV Heroin program, im assuming you go back more than once a day cuz of the duration.
I think you go in like 3-4 times a day

The only thing that frustrates me is how backwards thinking the US is in this regard. Shitboxone is still prescribed over there even though the rate of relapse is demonstrably high, since bupe isn't even a full agonist and doesn't provide most addicts with the typical opiated feeling that they crave so much.
In the US they subscribe to the belief that euphoria is an unwanted side effect of maintainance. I think the field is currently adverse to the idea of beingg stably dependant on opioids being seen as anything but a probkem. We are at the swing in the pendulum where fentanyl is the terror and it colors the miod.

In the US they subscribe to the belief that euphoria is an unwanted side effect of maintainance. I think the field is currently adverse to the idea of beingg stably dependant on opioids being seen as anything but a probkem. We are at the swing in the pendulum where fentanyl is the terror and it colors the miod.
Our doctors have a completely different mentality. They believe that we opioid addicts MUST feel mentally well in order to not relapse. That's why my doc always asks me if the dose I received the day before was enough to make me feel good. Here in Germany we patients decide how much (Levo)methadone/Morphine/Diamorphine we receive and not the doctor. There is no upper limit anymore since the legislation was changed in 2017.

Our doctors have a completely different mentality. They believe that we opioid addicts MUST feel mentally well in order to not relapse. That's why my doc always asks me if the dose I received the day before was enough to make me feel good. Here in Germany we patients decide how much (Levo)methadone/Morphine/Diamorphine we receive and not the doctor. There is no upper limit anymore since the legislation was changed in 2017.
Oh man. Here they just throw you in jail, problem solved! 😒

@JimBobWho?
We actually have an american here in our clinic who applied for a job in Germany in order to move here and get treatment because there was no such thing as maintenance where he lived (somewhere in Pennsylvania if I remember correctly) and he basically had the choice between killing himself or start a new life somewhere else. I asked him why he didn't simply move to another state but he told me that the regulations are just too strict and addicts are treated like trash (furthermore, his insurance didn't want to pay for his treatment. An impossibility here in Germany!!! Over here ALL insurance companies are FORCED by law to pay for maintenance therapy). It's sad that someone has to take such drastic steps just to be treated for his addiction in a humane way.
He is happy now though. He has a well paying job in the IT industry, a social circle, our health care system is one of the best in the world (where you don't need to pay $300 for fucking oxygen), and labor rights are so strong here that he can't get easily fired like in the US. He visits his family in the US four times a year and gets a take home script which covers him for that duration. It's so much easier here for him.

If anyone is as desperate as my dear friend is and really has no other options, shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do. Perhaps I can help you find a job because once you get a job offer here, everything else becomes a cakewalk. Americans easily get a residence permit here and as soon as you have a job you'll be automatically insured and can then immediately receive treatment. See, you don't even need to have german citizenship. A residence permit is enough :cool:

Last edited:
@JimBobWho?
We actually have an american here in our clinic who applied for a job in Germany in order to move here and get treatment because there was no such thing as maintenance where he lived (somewhere in Pennsylvania if I remember correctly) and he basically had the choice between killing himself or start a new life somewhere else. I asked him why he didn't simply move to another state but he told me that the regulations are just too strict and addicts are treated like trash (furthermore, his insurance didn't want to pay for his treatment. An impossibility here in Germany!!! Over here ALL insurance companies are FORCED by law to pay for maintenance therapy). It's sad that someone has to take such drastic steps just to be treated for his addiction in a humane way.
He is happy now though. He has a well paying job in the IT industry, a social circle, our health care system is one of the best in the world (where you don't need to pay $300 for fucking oxygen), and labor rights are so strong here that he can't get easily fired like in the US. He visits his family in the US four times a year and gets a take home script which covers him for that duration. It's so much easier here for him.

If anyone is as desperate as my dear friend is and really has no other options, shoot me a message and I'll see what I can do. Perhaps I can help you find a job because once you get a job offer here, everything else becomes a cakewalk. Americans easily get a residence permit here and as soon as you have a job you'll be automatically insured and can then immediately receive treatment. See, you don't even need to have german citizenship. A residence permit is enough :cool:
I'm shooting for Alaska after I well myself. But, I understand, "quit or die". Eventually for me it boiled down to that. I didn't have any help aside from emotional support from my brother. I ended up CT and then Kratom instead of maintenance. 2 reason, shorter half life of kratom and its on my own terms. But, if I spoke German I'd be there as of 2016... thank God they take care of there own. Talk about, "Germany first"... not speaking about nationalism here.

But, if I spoke German I'd be there as of 2016
Most of us speak english pretty well, so you wouldn't really have any problem around here. I wish you all the best though. Alaska has a beautiful landscape and fascinating wildlife. I made a round trip through California once, but Alaska is a state I definitely have to visit in the near future (after I have renewed my driver's licence). Take care :group hug: :cheers:

Monday will be my first day going into maintenance therapy where I'll be getting Substitol (Morphine). Finally my head will be free so I can do some of the old stuff that I used to do before my addiction consumed my entire time. I can go back to reading books, produce electronic music, focus on starting my own business.
I'm just sick and tired of the dope lifestyle. I'm sick of playing the waiting game, sick of shooting/smoking garbage, sick of scamming innocent people on ebay to finance my habit and ofc I'm sick of being sick. Goodbye Heroin and goodbye to that awful, stressful and frantic lifestyle that I used to have. I'll never miss you.

Legalize all drugs!

P.S.: if I behave well I might become eligible for take-home, but until then I have to show up every morning (which I will gladly do). A new chapter in my life has begun. Wish me the best ^^
Good to replace street drug with legal pharma component Hexen...but....been two times on that capsules....Listen-never i.v. this shit.Abrupt withwrawl from this is at least two weaks acute phase and symptoms are much heaviear to endure,than purest H......personaly never would go third time in such program.I hope,that it could be good for u......just follow the instuction of ur doctor and progressively with his/her support lower ur dose as quick as possible........just take care and wish u sucess to ur way to recovery:hear4t:

Good to replace street drug with legal pharma component Hexen...but....been two times on that capsules....Listen-never i.v. this shit.Abrupt withwrawl from this is at least two weaks acute phase and symptoms are much heaviear to endure,than purest H......personaly never would go third time in such program.I hope,that it could be good for u......just follow the instuction of ur doctor and progressively with his/her support lower ur dose as quick as possible........just take care and wish u sucess to ur way to recovery:hear4t:
Shooting pills is never a good idea. I'm content with my oral morphine. Lasts me 24h and I have no craving at all.

Monday will be my first day going into maintenance therapy where I'll be getting Substitol (Morphine). Finally my head will be free so I can do some of the old stuff that I used to do before my addiction consumed my entire time. I can go back to reading books, produce electronic music, focus on starting my own business.
I'm just sick and tired of the dope lifestyle. I'm sick of playing the waiting game, sick of shooting/smoking garbage, sick of scamming innocent people on ebay to finance my habit and ofc I'm sick of being sick. Goodbye Heroin and goodbye to that awful, stressful and frantic lifestyle that I used to have. I'll never miss you.

Legalize all drugs!

P.S.: if I behave well I might become eligible for take-home, but until then I have to show up every morning (which I will gladly do). A new chapter in my life has begun. Wish me the best ^^
Oh, man, I don’t know you, but I SO SO wish you luck. Life is really worth living and you know it. ❤️‍🔥

Sounds a lot like me. I just got sick of the lifestyle. Basically whatever I was still getting out of it at that point was far outweighed by all the bad stuff that came with it. I was also fed up with constantly worrying about WD. Plus I wanted to have time to take up some hobbies and interests again.

My advice is to use the substitute morph as a bridge to a normal life. There's no real reason to be on it indefinitely. Get on iy6with the view of giving yourself that breathing space to sort yourself out, and once you feel you got your shit back together, ask to be gradually tapered off.
Then you can forget about having to dose yourself with anything on a daily basis and just get on with your life! Good luck.

Last edited:
Currently at 240mg. Will stop tapering down for now, because I can use a little buzz throughout the day since some events in the last couple days have caused a bit of stress in my life. I will maintain and report back once I continue to go down. Honestly though, I'm not sure if I really want to because I really the effects so far. I have already mentioned multiple times here on BL that opioids balance me out emotionally and give me that special something that I lack in life. Ah you know how it is...that love-hate relationship with opioids. I gotta say though, the side effects are minimal at these dosages. The benefits far outweigh the negatives. Heroin on the other hand, even though it gets metabolized into morphine, seems to give me a lot more negatives than positives. I become an emotional zombie on heroin when I'm on it chronically, whereas I feel much more alive on morphine. Much more in touch with my feelings and a lot more motivated to do stuff. Heroin always made me extremely lethargic to the point where I didn't even take showers for many weeks straight. I'm totally different on morphine. I shower every two or three days (depending on how much I sweat), I clean my apartment, carry out the garbage and basically do all the simple, day-to-day stuff that feels so hard to accomplish on heroin. Everything's different now. Now I understand what William S. Burroughs meant when he was talking of the morphine cure. It is THESE things which it cures. Not sure if it is caused by the substance or the lifestyle that comes with illicit drug use. I feel like it's both.